Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

What would YOU do ...

Started by keeper, July 21, 2013, 08:47:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Shen Li"

Other than I might hire a few house-boys to wait on me and feed me grapes I don't think money would change me much.  :lol:

Seriously, my husbands business has been very successful over the years and we already have just about everything we want out of life, house, property, kids, family, etc. The only thing I can think of is if we had more money my husband won't have to work as many hours as he does and we could get away for more much needed leisure time.  

Really what else is there?

Bigger house and more properties, more and better cars, jewellery, exotic holidays and so on. Not that I would ever want those kind of creature comforts. ;)

All those things are nice Shen but in the grand scheme of things they aren't really important. I already have a big house and it's a pain in the ass to take care of. I usually get a new car every 3 or 4 years and the more expensive they are the more money you are throwing away to depreciation. Jewelry; with exception of a few of my favorite pieces, I never wear it.

The only thing I will somewhat agree with you on is the exotic holiday thing. I would love to see certain places around the globe that I probably will never get to see but in reality spending time with family on some less than exotic vacation is still preferable to me.

I like to think that money would never change me but deep down I probably fear that it would. Money in excess corrupts. It corrupts the soul and it has a habit of fanning the flames of any personal weakness you might have. I think that's what bothers me about it. It would be a great convenience to have tons and tons of spare cash but some of it's less than desirable influences are hard to control.

I think that's cool you are happy with what you got. I will be 29 in September and I too am pretty satisfied with what I have accomplished. I grauduated from uni with a degree in petroleum engineering. I was finally able to conceive and I gave birth to a healthy son. I have a big beautiful home in a nice subdivision, we have a condo up in Fort Mac as well. I have also travelled to three continents.

However, a fleet of Harley Davidson's or an airplane hangar full of rare restored performance cars would be nice too. A barn full of beautiful racehorses would make my day as well. Then there are things like my own private tropical island, a jet and pilot available at my whim. You know the little things in life that heaps of money CAN buy. ;)

Renee

Bigger house and more properties, more and better cars, jewellery, exotic holidays and so on. Not that I would ever want those kind of creature comforts. ;)

All those things are nice Shen but in the grand scheme of things they aren't really important. I already have a big house and it's a pain in the ass to take care of. I usually get a new car every 3 or 4 years and the more expensive they are the more money you are throwing away to depreciation. Jewelry; with exception of a few of my favorite pieces, I never wear it.

The only thing I will somewhat agree with you on is the exotic holiday thing. I would love to see certain places around the globe that I probably will never get to see but in reality spending time with family on some less than exotic vacation is still preferable to me.

I like to think that money would never change me but deep down I probably fear that it would. Money in excess corrupts. It corrupts the soul and it has a habit of fanning the flames of any personal weakness you might have. I think that's what bothers me about it. It would be a great convenience to have tons and tons of spare cash but some of it's less than desirable influences are hard to control.

I think that's cool you are happy with what you got. I will be 29 in September and I too am pretty satisfied with what I have accomplished. I grauduated from uni with a degree in petroleum engineering. I was finally able to conceive and I gave birth to a healthy son. I have a big beautiful home in a nice subdivision, we have a condo up in Fort Mac as well. I have also travelled to three continents.

However, a fleet of Harley Davidson's or an airplane hangar full of rare restored performance cars would be nice too. A barn full of beautiful racehorses would make my day as well. Then there are things like my own private tropical island, a jet and pilot available at my whim. You know the little things in life that heaps of money CAN buy. ;)

I like the idea of the private tropical island thing. I love the beach and if I had my own island I wouldn't have to put up with Greenpeace coming along and rolling me back into the water.   :o  :lol:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

I like the idea of the private tropical island thing. I love the beach and if I had my own island I wouldn't have to put up with Greenpeace coming along and rolling me back into the water.   :o  :lol:

You and Shen Li keep saying how fat you are, but both of you are being too hard on yourselves.

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"

You and Shen Li keep saying how fat you are, but both of you are being too hard on yourselves.

You're too sweet for a forum like this.  :lol:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

How did I miss this one??  Major lol :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Anonymous

Oh thank you so much Ms. Reneee..

You are very nice too.

:)

Anonymous

Fash is a very kind person.