The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Souvlakis and tacos

Started by Berry Sweet, April 14, 2018, 05:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Berry Sweet

I've been craving them all week.   Tonight I make fajitas!

Berry Sweet

I'm looking forward to pickled jalapenos !  And guacamole!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I'm looking forward to pickled jalapenos !  And guacamole!

I bought pickled jalapenos stuffed with cheese from Sobeys.....they were delicious.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I'm looking forward to pickled jalapenos !  And guacamole!

I bought pickled jalapenos stuffed with cheese from Sobeys.....they were delicious.

They are good.

Anonymous

I've never attempted to make souvlakis.

Angry White Male

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"It's just a Kebab...

I know what they are, I've bought them..

My son likes them, but I've only  bought them, never made them.

Angry White Male

I cook up some Kebabs occasionally, but only when I fire up the Weber barbecue, which isn't very often these days it seems...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I cook up some Kebabs occasionally, but only when I fire up the Weber barbecue, which isn't very often these days it seems...

I'll make some this year.

Angry White Male

You must have a barbecue?  It's the only way...

Anonymous

There's a place in Winnipeg that sells giant souvlakis. They are fantastic and it's enough for 2 meals and 1 snack.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

There's a place in Winnipeg that sells giant souvlakis. They are fantastic and it's enough for 2 meals and 1 snack.

My husband brought home mega souvlakis last year..

Lots of leftovers.

cc

A pub / restaurant we frequent is Greek owned.

We often share a chicken souvlaki dinner ... 1. big chunks of chicken (marinated in gentle Greek spices and lemon juice), 2. a mountain of Greek style rice, 3. salad Greek or our favorite Caesar & 4. at least 4 potato halves lemon & spice boiled, then broiled.

Comes served on a huge rectangular plate and is plenty for the 2 of us

Yes, souvlaki itself in merely chunks of meat or chicken broiled on skewers .... great to BBQ
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"A pub / restaurant we frequent is Greek owned.

We often share a chicken souvlaki dinner ... 1. big chunks of chicken (marinated in gentle Greek spices and lemon juice), 2. a mountain of Greek style rice, 3. salad Greek or our favorite Caesar & 4. at least 4 potato halves lemon & spice boiled, then broiled.

Comes served on a huge rectangular plate and is plenty for the 2 of us

Yes, souvlaki itself in merely chunks of meat or chicken broiled on skewers .... great to BBQ

Greek food would make great pub fare.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "cc"A pub / restaurant we frequent is Greek owned.

Check out the Ocean Park in Brookswood (the best one, as they are all separate).  Greek owned and operated, and usually pretty decent.  Not so much a 'pub scene' restaurant, but they are usually good.  Close enough to where you live, so not a far drive.  Just know that the place fills up on the weekends, so you might have the best luck with seating during the week.

Their lamb is award winning, and even something basic like a pizza is done right there.