The best topic

Replies: 10379
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:23:03 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

poor gatsby

Started by jaysings, August 05, 2013, 04:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Odinson

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "jaysings"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
No, he lives in Saskatchewan now. He worked in Korea and his wife is Korean.

oh god. should i move out all my replies above?

:?:

He little bit disses koreans.

jaysings

No, he lives in Saskatchewan now. He worked in Korea and his wife is Korean.

sorry, i don't mean to pick on korean. :?

Obvious Li

on this forum everybody picks on everybody...except fash...she is too nice to pick on.....even though she lobs big old softballs continuously.....you just have to grit your teeth and take the strike........so no problems pick on Koreans all you wish...they are big enough to look after themselves.....and the women are cute there also

jaysings

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

on this forum everybody picks on everybody...except fash...she is too nice to pick on.....even though she lobs big old softballs continuously.....you just have to grit your teeth and take the strike........so no problems pick on Koreans all you wish...they are big enough to look after themselves.....and the women are cute there also

some of them won't hide their power and strength in public, so it makes me feel like arrogant and disrespectful. maybe it isn't true because i just met a part of korean group in vancouver. your words about korean will be more powerful and convincible because your wife is korean. i just express how i felt about korean, without bias and prejudgement

jaysings

Quote from: "Odinson"

for a reason that korean announce chinese inventions and traditions should belong to korean.

i don't know if that is a false rumor about them or something, but i will be disgusted if it is true.

Anonymous

for a reason that korean announce chinese inventions and traditions should belong to korean.

i don't know if that is a false rumor about them or something, but i will be disgusted if it is true.

In all fairness, Korea is not alone in doing that. Many countries(China included) exaggerate the innovations of their countrymen.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

Eggs ackly  handsome. If you can't take a little teasing then either you don't belong here or like GH you post here believing you are the reincarnation of a teenage girl that took her own life.

jaysings

In all fairness, Korea is not alone in doing that. Many countries(China included) exaggerate the innovations of their countrymen.

it is doubtless that korean did a great job with their innovation, but what i meant is that they have once asserted that some of the chinese valuable heritages and festivals should belong to korean such as Armillary sphere and duanwu festival

Anonymous

it is doubtless that korean did a great job with their innovation, but what i meant is that they have once asserted that some of the chinese valuable heritages and festivals should belong to korean such as Armillary sphere and duanwu festival

Chinese culture has borrowed a lot from India.

jaysings

Chinese culture has borrowed a lot from India.

in fact, we don't call that region "China" during that era

Obvious Li

remember..Korea, until recently, has been occupied by a foreign power for generations...so they feel isolated, "the hermit kingdom" in their thinking and circumspect in their actions and relations to other countries.....they are quite defensive and nationalistic about Korea's place in Asia and the world...justifiably so. Also think about the fact that many many of the products you enjoy today are not made in Japan or China, but Korea...from Samsung, LG, Hyundai, SSangyoung, Daiwoo, Posco, Lotte and dozens of other multinational companies...it is hard to list a set of companies from any other country in the world that have been so successful......in spite of the fact that the country was completely destitute in 1953....just 60 short years ago Korea was 2nd. last in world GDP. Today they  are between 8th. and 10th....an amazing achievement...made possible by being ruled by a military dictatorship that knew what it wanted and pushed the country in the right direction....the first democratic government was elected in the 80's..yet if you go there and look, i dare you to find a more modern, open and peaceful country anywhere...my hats off to them. I have nothing but respect for their achievements...and did i mention the women are beautiful.

Anonymous

^^I would also add their mouthwatering cuisine to Korea's list of accomplishments.

Park Chung Hee's leadership was a testament to the superiority of benevolent dictatorship over present North American democracy. Korea's story is no less than a miracle in such a short period of time.

I am not a fan of blind nationalism though. Too many Chinese believe everything the CCP tells without question.

jaysings

Quote from: "Obvious Li"remember..Korea, until recently, has been occupied by a foreign power for generations...so they feel isolated, "the hermit kingdom" in their thinking and circumspect in their actions and relations to other countries.....they are quite defensive and nationalistic about Korea's place in Asia and the world...justifiably so. Also think about the fact that many many of the products you enjoy today are not made in Japan or China, but Korea...from Samsung, LG, Hyundai, SSangyoung, Daiwoo, Posco, Lotte and dozens of other multinational companies...it is hard to list a set of companies from any other country in the world that have been so successful......in spite of the fact that the country was completely destitute in 1953....just 60 short years ago Korea was 2nd. last in world GDP. Today they  are between 8th. and 10th....an amazing achievement...made possible by being ruled by a military dictatorship that knew what it wanted and pushed the country in the right direction....the first democratic government was elected in the 80's..yet if you go there and look, i dare you to find a more modern, open and peaceful country anywhere...my hats off to them. I have nothing but respect for their achievements...and did i mention the women are beautiful.

where did u come from?

jaysings

Quote from: "Shen Li"^^I would also add their mouthwatering cuisine to Korea's list of accomplishments.

Park Chung Hee's leadership was a testament to the superiority of benevolent dictatorship over present North American democracy. Korea's story is no less than a miracle in such a short period of time.

I am not a fan of blind nationalism though. Too many Chinese believe everything the CCP tells without question.

i hate ccp though.that's the main reason why i left off my country to canada

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"^^I would also add their mouthwatering cuisine to Korea's list of accomplishments.

i hate ccp though.that's the main reason why i left off my country to canada

I neither like nor hate them. Since Mao's death they have had some obvious successes that have lifted hundreds of millions out of absolute poverty. However, they are an extension of the dynasties. Truth is, I am not all that crazy about any government anywhere. Government is a necessary evil at best.