The best topic

Replies: 10379
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:23:03 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

poor gatsby

Started by jaysings, August 05, 2013, 04:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

jaysings

i just finished reading " the great gatsby ", i found the death of gatsby seems criticising the phenomenon of our society where most phony,indifferent and cold-hearted people reveal their dark side right after one dead they used to be a friend of him/her. mr. wolfshiem (gatsby's busniess partner), mr.klipspringer( son of the bitch who rather joins into his friends' activity than attending to gatsby's funeral ), even jordan baker who feels honourred and jaunty of having a secret talk with gatsby, nobody comes to gatsby's funeral. daisy, the most important person of gatsby's life, doesn't even make a call or send a wisp of flowers for gatsby.

i don't mean to be so sentimental like this, but the narration of nick about how he feels after perceiving the snobby entities makes me weep at a transitory moment.

Anonymous

Quote from: "jaysings"i just finished reading " the great gatsby ", i found the death of gatsby seems criticising the phonomenon of our society where most phony,indifferent and cold-hearted people reveal their dark side right after one dead they used to be a friend of him/her. mr. wolfshiem (gatsby's busniess partner), mr.klipspringer( son of the bitch who rather joins into his friends' activity than attending to gatsby's funeral ), even jordan baker who feels honourred and jaunty of having a secret talk with gatsby, nobody comes to gatsby's funeral. daisy, the most important person of gatsby's life, doesn't even make a call or send a wisp of flowers for gatsby.

i don't mean to be so sentimental like this, but the narration of nick about how he feels after perceiving the snobby entities makes me weep at a transitory moment.

It's a great book!

jaysings

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "jaysings"i just finished reading " the great gatsby ", i found the death of gatsby seems criticising the phonomenon of our society where most phony,indifferent and cold-hearted people reveal their dark side right after one dead they used to be a friend of him/her. mr. wolfshiem (gatsby's busniess partner), mr.klipspringer( son of the bitch who rather joins into his friends' activity than attending to gatsby's funeral ), even jordan baker who feels honourred and jaunty of having a secret talk with gatsby, nobody comes to gatsby's funeral. daisy, the most important person of gatsby's life, doesn't even make a call or send a wisp of flowers for gatsby.

It's a great book!

i expected u would express more about this book :?

Anonymous

Quote from: "jaysings"

It's a great book!

What would you like me to say? You have two threads about the book.

It had the usual exciting themes like greed, jealousy, decadence, treachery and so on. Gave us some insights into the pitfalls of chasing the American dream 90 years ago.

Odinson

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"Kultahattu.

You are really going to confuse Jay.

Odinson

Kulta=Gold

Hattu=A hat

Kultahattu=golden hat

It is the name of that book. We have to change the names because literal translation would sound stupid.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"Kulta=Gold

Hattu=A hat

Kultahattu=golden hat

It is the name of that book. We have to change the names because literal translation would sound stupid.

I see.

Anonymous

Hattu=A hat

Kultahattu=golden hat

Finnish looks like a difficult language to learn..

I studied Spanish, but gave up after one month.

jaysings

It's a great book!

What would you like me to say? You have two threads about the book.

It had the usual exciting themes like greed, jealousy, decadence, treachery and so on. Gave us some insights into the pitfalls of chasing the American dream 90 years ago.

human natures don't get developed at all. this picture like that people show apathy to gatsby's death can be seen in our society nowadays

jaysings

Hattu=A hat

Kultahattu=golden hat

how did u get that word? i didn't find this word out in the book

jaysings

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Hattu=A hat

Kultahattu=golden hat

why didn't u learn french?

Anonymous

Hattu=A hat

Kultahattu=golden hat

My husband used to travel to many different countries for his job including many Spanish speaking ones..

If I joined him I could speak with locals.

jaysings

My husband used to travel to many different countries for his job including many Spanish speaking ones..

oh i see. where did your husband come from? is he taiwanese as u?

Anonymous

oh i see. where did your husband come from? is he taiwanese as u?

No, he is a Dutch-Canadian.