Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Should I pack this in bear country?

Started by Angry White Male, May 04, 2018, 02:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiebers

I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Renee seems quite knowledgeable or well read on firearms and ammunition. I wonder if she has a lot of brothers or works in the firearm industry or related field.

Her father is a retired policeman and she grew up around firearms..

She learned everything about them.

My dad is also an avid hunter, competition shooter and outdoor sportsman. Even at age 67 he is still out there beginning in early fall, straight through winter. Wild game was a staple on our families dinner table while I was growing up. My dad was also a police firearms instructor for about 5 different municipalities as well. I wouldn't even try and count the number of firearms, gear and firearms accessories he owns or has owned in his lifetime. Unlike some who run their rancid, authoritarian, mealy mouths around here, he believes that personal self defense and preparedness is the best first line when it comes to staying alive in a life threatening situation. He instilled that concept in me and my sibs at a very young age and I'm thankful for it.

I've also hunted since I was a teen and competed in NRA prescison pistol shooting since I was a preteen. I've spent countless hours of range time sending hundreds of thousands of rounds down range competing in and preparing for IDPA competition. I'm an experienced hand loader...I think I have more than a fair grasp of load performance and ballistics.

For many years I was a certified NRA coach but pressures of family life have caused me to let that certification lapse. I have full intention of reviving that certification in the future. I have also been a range officer at one of the local ranges I belong to as well.

I'm a ccw holder and have attended dozens of seminars hosted by police depts, gun clubs and independent legal experts covering the legal responsibilities surrounding the ownership, carry and use of firearms for personal protection. I usually attend at least one seminar a year just to stay current with the law. Unfortunately due to the onerous legal ramifications of concealed carry in my state, I very rarely have a firearm on my person.

If anyone here knows more than me in regard to firearms, they are more than welcome to voice their opinion and impart some knowledge. I welcome it. Firearms and their use are one of my favorite subjects. BUT what I will not engage in is hysterical pointless political arguments extolling the virtues of turning law abiding citizens into criminals through toltalitarian gun control scams. I have nothing but contempt for hoplophobic fools who soak their already overloaded adult diapers with piss or spew foam all over their keyboards, each time a gun related incident is mentioned.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

That was worth reading every single word. :thumbup:

Bricktop

Quote from: "Renee" I have nothing but contempt for hoplophobic fools who soak their already overloaded adult diapers with piss or spew foam all over their keyboards, each time a gun related incident is mentioned.

I think she means me.

But I am probably on her ignore list.

Because I have nothing but contempt for people who interfere in other people's personal circumstances.

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"

I think she means me.

I figured that  :laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Bricktop

Blazor

Bricktop

Blazor

Bricktop

Blazor

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/IndolentCostlyAmericanratsnake-size_restricted.gif">

Frood

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Renee seems quite knowledgeable or well read on firearms and ammunition. I wonder if she has a lot of brothers or works in the firearm industry or related field.

Her father is a retired policeman and she grew up around firearms..

She learned everything about them.

My dad is also an avid hunter, competition shooter and outdoor sportsman. Even at age 67 he is still out there beginning in early fall, straight through winter. Wild game was a staple on our families dinner table while I was growing up. My dad was also a police firearms instructor for about 5 different municipalities as well. I wouldn't even try and count the number of firearms, gear and firearms accessories he owns or has owned in his lifetime. Unlike some who run their rancid, authoritarian, mealy mouths around here, he believes that personal self defense and preparedness is the best first line when it comes to staying alive in a life threatening situation. He instilled that concept in me and my sibs at a very young age and I'm thankful for it.

I've also hunted since I was a teen and competed in NRA prescison pistol shooting since I was a preteen. I've spent countless hours of range time sending hundreds of thousands of rounds down range competing in and preparing for IDPA competition. I'm an experienced hand loader...I think I have more than a fair grasp of load performance and ballistics.

For many years I was a certified NRA coach but pressures of family life have caused me to let that certification lapse. I have full intention of reviving that certification in the future. I have also been a range officer at one of the local ranges I belong to as well.

I'm a ccw holder and have attended dozens of seminars hosted by police depts, gun clubs and independent legal experts covering the legal responsibilities surrounding the ownership, carry and use of firearms for personal protection. I usually attend at least one seminar a year just to stay current with the law. Unfortunately due to the onerous legal ramifications of concealed carry in my state, I very rarely have a firearm on my person.

If anyone here knows more than me in regard to firearms, they are more than welcome to voice their opinion and impart some knowledge. I welcome it. Firearms and their use are one of my favorite subjects. BUT what I will not engage in is hysterical pointless political arguments extolling the virtues of turning law abiding citizens into criminals through toltalitarian gun control scams. I have nothing but contempt for hoplophobic fools who soak their already overloaded adult diapers with piss or spew foam all over their keyboards, each time a gun related incident is mentioned.

:thumbup:
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/IllegalGregariousKittiwake-max-1mb.gif">

Angry White Male

Renee, Renee, Renee...

What you post are more opinions than pure facts.  However, since you've taken the time, I shall respond.

It is purely your own opinion that a .45-70 is a superior round than a 12 Gauge slug at close range defense against larger game.  The FACT is that 12 Gauge slug is at the very least just as effective, if not more so in this scenario.  Don't take my word for it...  Find out what many Alaskan and BC guides carry as a defense firearm.  I'll give you one guess as to what it is, and it starts with a "12," just so ya know.

And don't give me no bullshit about perfect "shot placement" required...  I have already explained that this is more than likely not possible when you only have a few seconds left to live.  Center mass is often the best that could be hoped for in the scenario.  You think you'll have time to get off a perfect spinal shot?  Maybe you get lucky...  I don't know.

And just because I do not hunt, has no bearing on how a self-defense issue can be handled.  I can assure you I have seen people that do not hunt, that could shoot blindfolded better than you or I.  Practice is the key, and this doesn't include patiently taking down a grazing Bambi @ 100 yards.  That is something completely different.  It's like telling me that SWAT Team members are just no good, unless they hunt.  That's not how it works.

And don't you even DARE question my ability to walk through the woods...  Remember, I am the one with a great physical physique!  You, on the other hand, well?  Enough said about that!

Now while I appreciate your contributions, I would just urge you to perhaps focus a little bit more on facts, as opposed to your opinions and beliefs, which are clearly not always rooted in facts.

Now, I know you like your .45-70, but I'm not convinced it's the 'do all' that you seem to claim it to be, nor am I convinced that everything you post is pure fact either.  Then again, opinions are just like assholes...

Angry White Male

This isn't too far from where I live.  I guess this stupid guy got "stuck in a tree?"  I didn't even think that was possible!  I'm guessing they just wanted to get it before it took off, since you can't have 'em roaming around schools!

Not a very big guy, but could still do some damage!  I guess this is how they hoist 'em down!     :laugh:

http://i63.tinypic.com/2i8c8dd.png">

Anonymous

The conversation reminds me of a comment about the late Gen. Custer ... "Some dreams are so strong you have to die to wake up from them."