Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Screw You Smith & Wesson...

Started by Angry White Male, May 16, 2018, 09:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

I've got this Sellier & Bellot 115gr hardball for the range.  Muzzle energy?  420 ft/lbs.

Comparable Federal 9mm hardball?  364 ft/lbs @ muzzle.

.45 Federal hardball?  404 ft/lbs @ muzzle.

Winchester 9mm +P 124gr Defender?  396 ft/lbs @ muzzle.

Don't tell me that Euro ammo ain't hotter!  

Federal American Eagle .357 Mag?  539 lb/ft @ muzzle.  My Fiocchi .357 Mag target ammo?  636 lb/ft @ muzzle.

If I need a bit more 'poop,' I go Euro.  You Americans produce weak ammo.

Angry White Male

Numrich hasn't billed my card yet.  Maybe the order didn't go through?  Will call them Monday to confirm.  

What's the rush though?  Buy a Smith & Wesson, and be prepared to spend months getting the thing right!  Maybe I die of old age first before the fucking thing is functional?

cc

Quote ....Maybe I die of old age first before the fucking thing is functional?

Which "gun" are you speaking of??  :43(2):
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Angry White Male

They both kinda work, but neither are quite as good as they used to be, sadly...

Bricktop

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Bricktop"And I am not remotely suggesting they lose any such right. I am an avid advocate of free speech.

There is no such things as a responsible gun owner, other than those with a lawful and practical need for such a weapon. Gun owners who buy weapons because it fulfils a "need" are smaller components of a system that kills others...including innocent children. Park them out of the main area, where they can discuss their addictions to tools of violence without befouling the main deck.

Make a stand.

That's an opinion and I disagree. I think libtard enviro nazis are a far greater danger to this country than someone like Herman shooting at badgers with a rifle in one hand and a jug of swish in the other.

Point it out if I am wrong...but I am not aware of libtard enviro nazis going into schools and shooting up the kids, or mowing down people at a music concert.

Angry White Male

Honestly, Bricktop, the people that tend to engage in mass shootings generally aren't easy to 'profile' on things like political beliefs and whatnot...

And herein lies the problem...  It is often very difficult to predict who will do what.

A common theme though does appear, which is anger at society in general.

Bricktop

The most common theme, son, is they all have access to firearms.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Bricktop"The most common theme, son, is they all have access to firearms.

Except the ones that manage access to other things, like bombs, rental trucks, knives, planes, bats, ropes, etc...

Right?

kiebers

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "kiebers"Hand loading is the only way to go. I need to rebuild my loading bench.

Do you have a Dillon?

I've been looking at Dillon's.

And not Dillon from Beverly Hills 90210....

Nope, nothing that fancy. Just a simple press that is around 40 years old or so.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Angry White Male

I thought Dillon was kinda the 'go-to' reloader now?

If your shit is 40 years old now, may not be a Dillon.

And NOT Dillon from 90210.

kiebers

Quote from: "Bricktop"
I'm not advocating stifling or repressing...simply giving them their own area to twirl their revolvers where normal members don't have to be.

You just advocate using firearms to wipe out a religious group.
Quote from: "Bricktop"Muslim de-programming on a budget;

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fii.cheaperthandirt.com%2Ffcgi-bin%2Fiipsrv.fcgi%3FFIF%3D%2Fimages%2Fcheaperthandirt%2Fsource%2F3-0111463_1.tif%26wid%3D480%26cvt%3Djpeg&f=1">
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Angry White Male

Renee

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Renee"Sorry Mel, but that is not exactly true...Euro factory ammo is usually loaded withing the same SAAMI safety standards as domestic ammo. Euro manufacturers are cognizant of the same safety concerns as American ammo producers.

This may be true, but what I'm thinking is that Euro ammo is close to max SAAMI pressures, while US ammo seems to be well under SAAMI maximums.

As I've stated, my Euro 9mm surpasses US 9mm +P, and my .357 Magnum Euro is like almost 100 lb/ft more energy @ muzzle compared to US ammo.

While I am positive Euro ammo does not exceed safe pressures, it is also clear that US ammo is WELL UNDER safe pressures.

Actually Mel, American or Euro the pressures are irrelevant for your needs. You don't need heavy loads to punch paper....that's just stupid. What you should be looking for is accuracy and not muzzle blast. Unless of course you are one of those clowns who are more interested in being a John Wayne wannabe...find one or two loads that your gun likes best and stick with them, regardless of where they are manufactured.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Renee

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I thought Dillon was kinda the 'go-to' reloader now?

90% of the reloading gear I have is Lyman. I have a Lyman turret press, powder measure, case tumbler, and scale. For the average hand loader, that's all you need.

Once you have your cases cleaned and primed, you can have 200 pistol rounds made in an hour.

In the case of a progressive type press, which I do not recommend for a novice, Dillon makes a nice press. Hornady makes a nice one as well.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"I thought Dillon was kinda the 'go-to' reloader now?

90% of the reloading gear I have is Lyman. I have a Lyman turret press, powder measure, case tumbler, and scale. For the average hand loader, that's all you need.

Once you have your cases cleaned and primed, you can have 200 pistol rounds made in an hour.

In the case of a progressive type press, which I do not recommend for a novice, Dillon makes a nice press. Hornady makes a nice one as well.

Ah what do you know about guns. Do the gun manufacturers know as much as you about their own products.