Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Thinking of buying an air purifier...

Started by Angry White Male, May 24, 2018, 05:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"It's not that I'm allergic or anything, but I went with dark furnishings that appear to dust up quite quickly.

I'm not that lazy, but I don't exactly care to dust all the time either.

Wonder how much a decent purifier would actually help with removing dust?

Waste of money.

cc

Tonight mate got me a quite big Honeywell HPA160C ... hoping it will help my constant congestion that I have had of late  .. and yes its a 99.97% super dual hepa filters ... was 1/3 off sale so not bad deal

We may try out the even better electronic / ion ones  if this works .. expensive but if I get relief  it would would be cheap.

London Drugs is good on returns, so call this a tryout ... Giving it a first  go tonight

Your thread got me going on an idea we have been toying with lately .. albeit different priority
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Angry White Male

The electronic/ion ones are a complete gimmick.  Stay away.  They do not filter anything worth a damn.  In fact, some produce Ozone, which is an irritant!

Odd how we both have new air purifiers...  Did you get that idea from me earlier today?

You picked well.  Your machine is very similar to mine, except the tower version.  True HEPA is the best way to go, even though the filters aren't cheap.  You got a very good deal on your machine.

cc

Your thread got me off my ass on an idea we have been toying with lately .. albeit different priority ... and London had a deal on a big one with dual hepa filters   + pre-filter  .. moves a lot of air ... so we made the move for a biggy at a good price  .. regular price was 210 .. got for 140

We'll see if it helps me ... got it on "allergy mode" which really moves a lot of air .. also had it on "turbo" temporarily to really move air and prep the room before bed

Angry White Male

You got a good deal, and London Drugs is good with returns if there's a problem.  Honeywell True HEPA's are rated tops in class for the price.

I'll probably just leave mine running 24/7 on Low.

cc

London is great - in fact in the club gets one 30 days tryout

We buy most electrical stuff there ... TV, some computers etc  .. espresso machine .. grill   etc .. headquarters in Richmond, so local firm and so they get to here stuff fast

Angry White Male

Plus, they seem to be the only ones that carry Allenbury's bar soap, which is the only bar soap I have bought for years!

cc

and the only one I know that carries Genco espresso beans ...... the one we picked as best after trying a half dozen others

Gotta go - we'll see if congestion clears a bit now

Have a good night

Angry White Male

Renee

Quote from: "Angry White Male"It's not that I'm allergic or anything, but I went with dark furnishings that appear to dust up quite quickly.

It depends on the efficiency of the hepa filter you use. Choose one rated for the lowest micron filtration.

BTW, get one with an activated carbon filter as well. It will help remove the stale odor you leave behind while you sweat out all that cheap gin.

Have a great weekend.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Renee"

It depends on the efficiency of the hepa filter you use. Choose one rated for the lowest micron filtration.

BTW, get one with an activated carbon filter as well. It will help remove the stale odor you leave behind while you sweat out all that cheap gin.

Have a great weekend.

:laugh3:   no shit!

Angry White Male

The Honeywell True HEPA models do come equipped with a certified HEPA filter, meaning they must filter 99.97% of particles right down to 0.3 Microns in size, so yes they are the real deal!  That's why real HEPA filters aren't exactly cheap!

These models do in fact come with an activated carbon pre-filter also!

A filter like this would be handy for people like Berry Sweet, as it would also filter out the stale sweetness that lingers in the air when she goes on one of her crack benders...

Renee

Quote from: "Angry White Male"The Honeywell True HEPA models do come equipped with a certified HEPA filter, meaning they must filter 99.97% of particles right down to 0.3 Microns in size, so yes they are the real deal!  That's why real HEPA filters aren't exactly cheap!

These models do in fact come with an activated carbon pre-filter also!

A filter like this would be handy for people like Berry Sweet, as it would also filter out the stale sweetness that lingers in the air when she goes on one of her crack benders...

Mel, dont piggyback on another posters wit. It shows a distinct lack of originality and mental sharpness.

This place already has one talentless, ignoble, Aussie, prick that does that shit...Don't follow in his despicable foot steps.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Angry White Male

cc

First night miracle - woke up with very little congestion - not happened in years ... dust? allergens, combination of particles, no way to pin down, not sure

Getting a larger model on trial today for living area - not sure yet if needed, but likely is