The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

posters who have influenced you

Started by Anonymous, June 02, 2018, 07:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"True enough, lol ^

Correct me if I'm wrong Fash, but I suspected all along that you were  referring to  "learning" and "thinking about" things offered by others .... new things, fresh perspectives etc.

Yes, that's right cc..

I should have worded the op differently.

cc

Thot so

However long we have been on this earth, exposure to others offers the chance to learn something new to us ... be it info or perspectives

It is  learning and examining perspectives that "is life" - Not much to living if there is no learning and examining perspectives
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"As a woman of a mature age possessing my experiences and knowledge, no poster on the forum has the ability to influence me. I am set in my ways. Moreover, this isn't a place to seek answers. As another has said, please get out more. Escape the dungeon that is your prison.

It's not a matter not getting out and as has been said, perhaps "influence" was the wrong word to use.

I've met people in other areas of my life that have introduced issues I hadn't thought about before, so why not online too.

I learn from people I have a lot of respect for. They are not posters hiding on a forum though. They are living in my world. I know who they are and I see them, I can hear them, I can touch them. If your issues are truly valid, take it out in the public and don't just post about it like a coward hiding in a forum and whining about it only in a forum where no one really knows who you are. It's lame.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"As a woman of a mature age possessing my experiences and knowledge, no poster on the forum has the ability to influence me. I am set in my ways. Moreover, this isn't a place to seek answers. As another has said, please get out more. Escape the dungeon that is your prison.

Some people become obstinate with age.

That's because older people can smell BS from a mile away and don't necessarily buy what one is selling.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"

It's not a matter not getting out and as has been said, perhaps "influence" was the wrong word to use.

I've met people in other areas of my life that have introduced issues I hadn't thought about before, so why not online too.

I learn from people I have a lot of respect for. They are not posters hiding on a forum though. They are living in my world. I know who they are and I see them, I can hear them, I can touch them. If your issues are truly valid, take it out in the public and don't just post about it like a coward hiding in a forum and whining about it only in a forum where no one really knows who you are. It's lame.

Excuse me, you stupid miserable old cunt, Fash is not hiding like a coward or whining. You have a closed mind and a black heart and you are a real bore to read. And I am sure you are as just as idiotic and miserable in real life as you are here.

Anonymous

Excuse me, you stupid miserable old cunt, Fash is not hiding like a coward or whining. You have a closed mind and a black heart and you are a real bore to read. And I am sure you are as just as idiotic and miserable in real life as you are here.

Seoul, we have RR for personal attacks.

@realAzhyaAryola

He is a moron, Fash. You know my post was not about you.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"He is a moron, Fash. You know my post was not about you.

We all know who the moron is in this thread. :icon_wink:

Anonymous

Anyway, people can be exposed to new ideas, or become aware of issues anywhere.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"He is a moron, Fash. You know my post was not about you.

Of course it's you, stupid.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Thanks for shitting up an enjoyable thread with yet more of your idiotic negativity. If I don't better, I'd swear you are TD's equally retarded sister.

Anonymous

Thanks for shitting up an enjoyable thread with yet more of your idiotic negativity. If I don't better, I'd swear you are TD's equally retarded sister.

Enough, take this back and forth to RR.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"Seoul, we have RR for personal attacks.

He is right though.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Seoul, we have RR for personal attacks.

He is right though.

Don't encourage that please Mel.

Anonymous

I can't say anyone online has really changed my opinions. I support a certain charity that I didn't before because of a fb acquaintance.

Some people have given great cooking tips. Thanks Fash, Priscilla, Azhya, Blazor and kiebers. :thumbup: