Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

posters who have influenced you

Started by Anonymous, June 02, 2018, 07:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Velvet"I can't say anyone online has really changed my opinions. I support a certain charity that I didn't before because of a fb acquaintance.

Some people have given great cooking tips. Thanks Fash, Priscilla, Azhya, Blazor and kiebers. :thumbup:

It was a good thread Azhya started.

Anonymous

Nobody here has influenced me or changed my priorities. Some i enjoy reading a hell of a lot more than others.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"For me it is Wazzzup..

He has opened my eyes to the double standards and racist vitriol against people simply because their skin lacks pigmentation.

My eyes were open already lol, but he saves me a lot of the investigative work these days with his daily knowledge bombs on crooked people. I've always said my political beliefs follow closely to his, and I know "he has his glasses on"  ac_cool

Quote from: "Wazzzup"Agreed, give him the best noob award?  Okay make it best new addition to TBC, that sounds better.

Maybe not so much influence but I really like Blazors and (although he is usually on VF) Deadskinmasks senses of humor.

I agree, best new addition lol.

Thanks man, thats my favorite thing to do, bring the smiles  :thumbup:

I like Deadskin a lot too. Hes in my top 5 posters currently lol.

Quote from: "seoulbro"Kiebers smoked meat tutorials make me want to sell my condo and buy a house with a big yard-----in Texas.

You're telling me!!! Hell I even saved a pork butt one time that I was gonna grill all day because of Kiebers influence lol. Sadly winter came too soon before I could do it, and I made a crockpot BBQ with it lol.

Quote from: "Fashionista"
I've learned a lot about Southern American cuisine from Blazor.

Hell you aint heard the half of it yet lol. But thank ya mam! I think Kiebers, Deadskin, and myself are the Southern American most posters lol.

Quote from: "Shen Li"I notice nobody has said me. You are all forgiven for this oversight.

Calm ya tits attention whore or I'll sit on your face! I just got on here for crying out loud!  ac_razz

For that, ya can wait til I give the list  :tease:

Quote from: "cc"
Well. I love you and enjoy your pretend "attitude" which makes it interesting.

You are "sweeter than fking sugar" under it all ...

but I'll keep that secret and not tell anyone

Word is out, I found the post on Google.  :laugh:

Quote from: "Velvet"
Some people have given great cooking tips. Thanks Fash, Priscilla, Azhya, Blazor and kiebers. :thumbup:

Thank ya mam lol, I do my best.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"Has there been a poster who has changed the way you see the world..

Now it comes to it!!! I cant say "a" poster, as many influence me. So I'll briefly touch on all those that have.......

Fash, believe it or not, you make me wanna chill on my drinking some lol. I even have a lil, but its mostly because I dont want my health to go down hill.

Wazzzzzzzzup, you make me want to stay on top of the corruption in the world. I use to, and gave it a break, but you bring back front and center, and that is a good and important thing in this world.... having the ability to bring attention to things without censorship. I applaud your diligence!

Kiebers, makes me wanna have more margaritas (shh dont tell Fash) lol, and Mexican food. And after seeing his BBQ pics, he will be on my list of people to visit when I do my cross country adventure lol.

Grimm, reminds me that its ok to have a dark side, and to have fun with it  :evilthoughts2:

Shen Li, reminds me what it means to be an e-warrior! Oddly also makes me wanna lick pussy and spank an ass lol.

Kam, brings out the Irish in me lol.

Scouse, has his glasses on, knowledge of the puppet masters. Makes me wanna get back into conspiracy theories again lol. Hes honestly not far off with a lot of his knowledge folks.

CC, that there are still some cool Jews in this world lol. Lol, just teasin', love ya girl lol. Thanks for all the knowledge bombs.

Velvet, makes me want to eat velvet cake lol.

Priscilla, makes me want to make more Asian food! Yummy!!!

Herman, makes me wanna have another drink  ac_drinks

Angry, dont take no shit!

Bricktop, makes me wanna take trips, and reminds me to enjoy life before I get old lol.

Dilf, its ok to talk about poop.

Shin, inspires me to exercise and get fit.

You all inspire me in some kind of way, so if I missed your name, I didnt really overlook you  ac_drinks

Wazzzup

Great post blazer.  thanks for the props buddy

some others

IHJ tells the working mans side of it and he's a top notch poster too.

Seoulbro is our resident economics expert and adds some common sense and some humor too.

maybe I'm one of the few, but I like mel when he chills and isn't on the sauce

And berry is the queen of poop and farts, but in a good way :laugh3:

while no one ever massively changed my mind, I am influenced by all here.

Anonymous

Agree with Blazor and Wazzzup.  ac_drinks

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"Great post blazer.  thanks for the props buddy

some others

Seoulbro is our resident economics expert and adds some common sense and some humor too.

I can understand Fash types. She has always played by the rules. She thought everyone would be treated equally, but that aint the case anymore.

Renee

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"As a woman of a mature age possessing my experiences and knowledge, no poster on the forum has the ability to influence me. I am set in my ways. Moreover, this isn't a place to seek answers. As another has said, please get out more. Escape the dungeon that is your prison.

Some people become obstinate with age.

That's because older people can smell BS from a mile away and don't necessarily buy what one is selling.

^ THIS ^... :laugh3:

Not for nothing but most of the general forums I have make been a part of make my "Bullshit-O-Meter" work overtime. But that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Subject specific forums are a different story. It's harder to bullshit your way around when everyone on the forum has the same or similar experiences to campare the bullshit to.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

some others

I can understand Fash types. She has always played by the rules. She thought everyone would be treated equally, but that aint the case anymore.

Everyone is a victim of white privilege and oppression. ac_boring

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"As a woman of a mature age possessing my experiences and knowledge, no poster on the forum has the ability to influence me. I am set in my ways. Moreover, this isn't a place to seek answers. As another has said, please get out more. Escape the dungeon that is your prison.

That's because older people can smell BS from a mile away and don't necessarily buy what one is selling.

Not for nothing but most of the general forums I have make been a part of make my "Bullshit-O-Meter" work overtime.

Subject specific forums are a different story. It's harder to bullshit your way around when everyone on the forum has the same or similar experiences to campare the bullshit to.

I disagree with that. Subject specific forums can have some of the most ignorant posters I have ever seen. They may have a string interest in a topic, but their "facts" are all bs.

Renee

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Not for nothing but most of the general forums I have make been a part of make my "Bullshit-O-Meter" work overtime.

I disagree with that. Subject specific forums can have some of the most ignorant posters I have ever seen. They may have a string interest in a topic, but their "facts" are all bs.

Again that's where your own experiences come in to compare the bullshit with. On subject specific forums you can bullshit your way around facts; something either works or it doesn't.

Example, I belong to several subject specific technical forums; firearms, shooting sports and photography, etc...Every so often a Mel type or a troll will show up and try to cowboy his or her way around a subject and will be instantly called out for it. You can't bullshit people who know their stuff....it's as simple as that.

General forums are very different. You have a variety of people, all with different interests and intellectual abilities. Some are informed, some not so much, some could care less. In that kind of environment bullshit grows legs and walks. It talks and develops a life of it's own.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Again that's where your own experiences come in to compare the bullshit with. On subject specific forums you can bullshit your way around facts; something either works or it doesn't.

Example, I belong to several subject specific technical forums; firearms, shooting sports and photography, etc...Every so often a Mel type or a troll will show up and try to cowboy his or her way around a subject and will be instantly called out for it. You cant bullshit people who know their stuff....it's as simple as that.

I know what you mean. My Canadians retiring abroad board would get one of them once in a while.

But, I am referring to subject specific forums where most posters don't know what they are talking about. i know one about railways and I can tell not one person has ever worked one day in the running trades. But, they all post like they have.

Blazor

Quote from: "Herman"Agree with Blazor and Wazzzup.  ac_drinks

ac_drinks

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee" I belong to several subject specific technical forums; firearms, shooting sports and photography, etc...Every so often a Mel type or a troll will show up and try to cowboy his or her way around a subject and will be instantly called out for it. You can't bullshit people who know their stuff....it's as simple as that.

One of the reasons I don't want to be part of Christian forums and facebook groups is that they draw so many trolls.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Renee" I belong to several subject specific technical forums; firearms, shooting sports and photography, etc...Every so often a Mel type or a troll will show up and try to cowboy his or her way around a subject and will be instantly called out for it. You can't bullshit people who know their stuff....it's as simple as that.

One of the reasons I don't want to be part of Christian forums and facebook groups is that they draw so many trolls.

I'll bet they do. Progs hate Christians but suck islam's ass.