Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Supreme Court Rules 7-2 for baker in Same Sex Wedding Case

Started by Wazzzup, June 04, 2018, 12:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wazzzup

https://www.yahoo.com/news/justices-side-colorado-baker-same-sex-wedding-cake-142744589--politics.html">https://www.yahoo.com/news/justices-sid ... itics.html">https://www.yahoo.com/news/justices-side-colorado-baker-same-sex-wedding-cake-142744589--politics.html

QuoteLiberal justices Stephen Breyer and Elena Kagan joined the conservative justices in the outcome. Kagan wrote separately to emphasize the limited ruling.

Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Sonia Sotomayor dissented.

Phillips (the baker) is willing to sell ready-made products to anyone who enters his store. But, "he simply declines to express messages or celebrate events that violate his deeply held beliefs," she said.

Several legal disputes are pending over wedding services, similar to the Phillips case. Video producers, graphic artists and florists are among business owners who say they oppose same-sex marriage on religious grounds and don't want to participate in same-sex weddings.

the right ruling IMO.  My interpretation for what its worth--had the baker said he would not sell anything to gay customers, that would have violated the law.  However a special accomodation, like writing on a cake, the baker should be able to refuse on religious grounds.  While the ruling is "limited" I think the courts will continue in this direction.  Normal accomodation versus special accomodation.

cc

Everyone on both sides of this knew this was simply  just another  power play by a prog special interest group trying to gain prog agenda more control over others (as always)

They could have chosen a gay or gay friendly baker but getting a cake to their liking  was not what this was about.

The cake was not their objective  at all .. their sole  objective  being to stifle any and all dissent and to exert control and force their will  over others

There's a lot of that going around of late
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Everyone on both sides of this knew this was simply  just another  power play by a prog special interest group trying to gain prog agenda more control over others (as always)

They could have chosen a gay or gay friendly baker but getting a cake to their liking  was not what this was about.

The cake was not their objective  at all .. their sole  objective  being to stifle any and all decent and to exert control and force their will  over others

They had an agenda.

cc

Edit - Did the "decent" thing - corrected typo for "dissent" above ^

https://www.blazingcatfur.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Bake-Your-Own-Damn-cake.jpg">

Wazzzup

Quote from: "cc"Everyone on both sides of this knew this was simply  just another  power play by a prog special interest group trying to gain prog agenda more control over others (as always)

The cake was not their objective  at all .. their sole  objective  being to stifle any and all decent and to exert control and force their will  over others

Perfectly put CC :thumbup:

Odinson

Oh jeez..

The phaggots did that in purpose... They knew what the answer will be..

Renee

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

They had an agenda.

Yeah, the I'm gay and I'm in your face agenda.

They could have easily gone to a bakery that would have accommodated them, but being thin skinned, self important, snotty little liberals, they decided to teach the dumb, religious conservative, business owner a lesson...That turned out well, eh?.. :001_rolleyes:

Because after all, militant, leftwing, protected class, assholes have the right to shit all over people and force them to do their bidding, all under the guise of fairness and equality for all... That attitude just comes with the territory when you have brazenly and wrongly convinced yourself that you are in sole posession of society's moral and ethical as well as the legal high ground... :nea:

I'm ever so glad they got their nonsense slammed back in their face. Hopefully now that the SCOTUS has ruled in favor of the business owner, these obnoxious queers and their leftist, cheerleaders will wise the fuck up. But I doubt it.....I'm sure we haven't seen the last of their foot stomping tantrums.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

They had an agenda.

Yeah, the I'm gay and I'm in your face agenda.

They could have easily gone to a bakery that would have accommodated them, but being thin skinned, self important, snotty little liberals, they decided to teach the dumb, religious conservative, business owner a lesson...That turned out well, eh?.. :001_rolleyes:

Because after all, militant, leftwing, protected class, assholes have the right to shit all over people and force them to do their bidding, all under the guise of fairness and equality for all... That attitude just comes with the territory when you have brazenly a d wrongly convinced yourself that you are in sole posession of society's moral and ethical as well as legal high ground... :nea:

I'm ever so glad they got their nonsense slammed back in their face. Hopefully now that the SCOTUS has ruled in favor of the business owner, these obnoxious queers and their leftist, cheerleaders will wise the fuck up. But I doubt it.....I'm sure we haven't seen the last of their foot stomping tantrums.

I'm all for equal rights for everyone, but it did seem like they wanted to get in people's faces.

cc

Just a battle lost. The war to be in your face and to make others cow-tow to their agenda will continue full force

Same for all prog "control" agenda. I believe that however many battles are lost, we will never see it end

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Just a battle lost. The war to be in your face and to make others cow-tow to their agenda will continue full force

Same for all prog "control" agenda. I believe that however many battles are lost, we will never see it end

They must have some end goal.

Anonymous

The cake was not their objective  at all .. their sole  objective  being to stifle any and all dissent and to exert control and force their will  over others

It's the prog way ceec.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "cc"Just a battle lost. The war to be in your face and to make others cow-tow to their agenda will continue full force

Every time they reach a goal, they come up with a more extreme goal.   When gay marriage got settled, they didn't stop and celebrate, the new goal became the right for men to use the women's bathroom, creating 50 genders and choosing "personal pronouns."

This is the pattern over and over, with every victory they find a new goal that is more extreme than the last.

cc

Yup!! That's what's a-happenin

They have started and are proceeded along with  a war to the death .... upping the ante on a regular basis ..  absolute control for the winner ... and cultural death to the loser

They have no interest in compromise so that everyone wins

at the moment they are winning ... why? .. because they are the only ones in the war .. and because they will do literally anything to win

This baker fought back and won "a" battle ..... but good people as a whole are losing the war

If good people do not fight back, and soon, they will lose everything that is .. or rather was  ... good

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

Every time they reach a goal, they come up with a more extreme goal.   When gay marriage got settled, they didn't stop and celebrate, the new goal became the right for men to use the women's bathroom, creating 50 genders and choosing "personal pronouns."

This is the pattern over and over, with every victory they find a new goal that is more extreme than the last.

They will never be satisfied.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"

They will never be satisfied.

Well, they were looking for a battle.