News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Remember the old "Big Bacon Classic" from Wendy's?

Started by Angry White Male, June 25, 2018, 09:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

That was actually an acceptable fast food burger.

Then they completely re-jigged their menu items a few years ago, and now it's all shit.  Nothing even comparable to the old Big Bacon Classic.  Their meat is now different, the bun is different, and the bacon is different.  It's all fucking different.

Now I do not go to Wendy's anymore.  And judging by the amount of empty seats inside, others don't either.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"That was actually an acceptable fast food burger.

Then they completely re-jigged their menu items a few years ago, and now it's all shit.  Nothing even comparable to the old Big Bacon Classic.  Their meat is now different, the bun is different, and the bacon is different.  It's all fucking different.

Now I do not go to Wendy's anymore.  And judging by the amount of empty seats inside, others don't either.

Wendy's has gone down hill.

Angry White Male

They used to be OK (for fast food), but they've managed to fuck around with almost every menu item, changing them in ways that are not for the better...

Rancidmilko

I remember smelling ammonia in the McD's double quarter pounder

Soon after that, the scandal of meat trims "cleaned" with chemicals surfaced

I felt sick to my stomack when I saw that and understood that the meat was indeed smelling of ammonia and it was "leftovers"

Never touched McD's again

They have Subways, McD's e Bk here in my city's mall.

I'll have a Crispy chicken bacon combo from BK anytime, best sandwich ever

Whoppers too. Beef is very cheap in Brazil, so I suspect the quality of their burgers is indeed better than what I remember in the US
There\'s always a bigger fish.

Angry White Male

Looks like McDonald's stopped using ammonia in 2011, or so they claim!

Angry White Male

I guess the old "Sawdust Burgers" thing is actually true!    :laugh:

http://qz.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/fast-food-chart.jpg">

Rancidmilko

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I guess the old "Sawdust Burgers" thing is actually true!    :laugh:

Well, who knows

Maybe we'll do like the termites and evolve to digest cellulose LOL

Anonymous

Quote from: "Red_brazilian_nut"I remember smelling ammonia in the McD's double quarter pounder

Soon after that, the scandal of meat trims "cleaned" with chemicals surfaced

I felt sick to my stomack when I saw that and understood that the meat was indeed smelling of ammonia and it was "leftovers"

Never touched McD's again

They have Subways, McD's e Bk here in my city's mall.

I'll have a Crispy chicken bacon combo from BK anytime, best sandwich ever

Whoppers too. Beef is very cheap in Brazil, so I suspect the quality of their burgers is indeed better than what I remember in the US

I remember reading Brazil and Argentina raise a lot of beef cattle..

I came close to living in Argentina.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"I came close to living in Argentina.

Pick any German town there, and you would have been A-OK!  Clean and safe!

You may have even met the odd Nazi war criminal there!   :laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I guess the old "Sawdust Burgers" thing is actually true!    :laugh:

ac_wot

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"

My husband's company had a contract there for the oil and gas industry, but the company lost it..

Our house would have been based out of the greater Buenos Aires area..

I even started studying Spanish.

Blazor

Quote from: "Angry White Male"They used to be OK (for fast food), but they've managed to fuck around with almost every menu item, changing them in ways that are not for the better...

Yeah they use to be good. I still like their chili. The spicy chicken aint so bad, but not as good as it use to be.

I get my burgers from Hardees if I buy one, and judging from that chart, glad I do lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

My husband's company had a contract there for the oil and gas industry, but the company lost it..

Interesting Fash  ac_smile
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Rancidmilko

Quote from: "Fashionista"

You're very lucky.

Argentina is more or less in the same situation as Brazil.

Economy down in the shitters, inflation there is rampant. They've just borrowed 50 billion from IMF to keep afloat

Things there are no so bad in terms of violence because obviously, they don't have as much "diversity" as we have in Brazoo

They played the commie game for a long time with the Kirchners and now, are paying the price.

Anonymous

^I thought Argentina was doing alright. I like the the president, Macri. They are on the cusp of a shale oil and gas boom.

On the subject of leadership, Chile is doing something right.

QuoteSANTIAGO (AFP) - Billionaire Chilean President Sebastian Pinera's right-wing government said on Monday (June 25) it has set itself a target of expelling 2,000 illegal migrants from the country by the end of the year.

The measure is part of a migration plan that the world's largest copper producer introduced to cope with the arrival of hundreds of thousands of migrants over the last four years.

The expulsions will prioritise foreigners with criminal records, as well as those who did not take up a government offer to regularise their situation.

"Effectively, by the end of the year, there will be around 2,000 expulsions from our country of foreigners who have committed crimes," said government spokeswoman Cecilia Perez.

The first stage of the expulsions is aimed at people with criminal records. Next on the list are those serving prison time who face expulsion once they have purged their sentences, Perez said.

A third group will include all migrants who did not go through a regularisation process the government began in April. So far, more than 140,000 migrants have received papers, according to the interior ministry.

Officials say those who didn't take part in the program may have a criminal record.

"The doors are open to all those foreigners who come to contribute to our country, who want to have better opportunities in life. But not those who commit, or committed, crimes in their countries or who intend to come to commit a crime against us," said Perez.

Earlier this year, Chile eased visa requirements for Venezuelans fleeing a political crisis while tightening rules for Haitians.

Over the past four years, Chile has become one of Latin America's top destinations for migrants, unveiling figures earlier this year that pointed to more than a million foreigners in the country, almost double the previous estimates.

Around 300,000 of that number are thought to be living illegally in the country.

https://santiagotimes.cl/2018/06/25/chile-to-expel-2000-illegal-migrants-in-2018/">https://santiagotimes.cl/2018/06/25/chi ... s-in-2018/">https://santiagotimes.cl/2018/06/25/chile-to-expel-2000-illegal-migrants-in-2018/