News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Seatbelts, Commercial Vehicles, and Cops...

Started by Chuck Bronson, July 11, 2018, 02:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

caskur

He converted it to gas as well.. Just finished repainting it here.. bloody horrible car. A bogan's car/truck...lol
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

I have a GMH Malibu... I LOVE MY CAR... LOVE IT!~
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "caskur"He converted it to gas as well.. Just finished repainting it here.. bloody horrible car. A bogan's car/truck...lol

Look like it's missing a few things, like the door handle and key cylinder...

Bricktop

Quote from: "caskur"I have a GMH Malibu... I LOVE MY CAR... LOVE IT!~

Its a Holden.

A dinosaur.

caskur

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"
Quote from: "caskur"He converted it to gas as well.. Just finished repainting it here.. bloody horrible car. A bogan's car/truck...lol

Look like it's missing a few things, like the door handle and key cylinder...

It's missing NOTHING... he hadn't assembled it completely when I took the photo.
- Andy Warhol

Frood

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"LPG will always produce less power than gasoline.  It cannot be avoided.

Like i said, Australia has been using auto LPG for 4 decades and the technology has come a long way.
Blahhhhhh...

Chuck Bronson

People run conversions here too.  They work.  It's just that LPG doesn't have the same calorific content that gasoline has, and as such can NEVER reach the same output as the same engine on gasoline can.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "caskur"I have a GMH Malibu... I LOVE MY CAR... LOVE IT!~

Its a Holden.

A dinosaur.

I don't care... my Commodore lasted over 30 years.... I sold it to a guy in Bunbury... it broke my heart but Kurt didn't want to repaint it.

I'm a Holden Girl... fuck Fords...  I took the blue motor out, put in a red motor... a 186... never missed a heart beat. But anyway, I have a late model Malibu and I'm happy.  Our other car is a Holden 4 door crewman.
- Andy Warhol

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Who said anything about the same engine?

When people do conversions, they often don't have a larger engine installed...  And if they did, that larger engine would still produce more power on gasoline.

Frood

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Who said anything about the same engine?

When people do conversions, they often don't have a larger engine installed...

Maybe not in Canada.

Here, people opt for bigger engines and engine mods.
Blahhhhhh...

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Maybe not in Canada.

If someone can afford all that, I would imagine they could also afford to keep it on gasoline...

Frood

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Maybe not in Canada.

If someone can afford all that, I would imagine they could also afford to keep it on gasoline...

Petrol is 1.55 a litre here. LPG is around .70 a litre. Big difference even with efficiency.
Blahhhhhh...

Chuck Bronson

Realistically here though, most people that have the old guzzlers don't drive them on a daily basis.  Usually it's more of a weekend toy, and as such they don't bother with conversions much anymore.

caskur

In WA LPG was/is over 90 cents....

we're ripped off in WA... it makes my blood boil.
- Andy Warhol