News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Seatbelts, Commercial Vehicles, and Cops...

Started by Chuck Bronson, July 11, 2018, 02:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "caskur"It was just a random pull over... But very peculiar if you ask me.

Do they have ticket quotas?

Some police forces here do and that's why they act peculiar at the end of the month.

We had two problem families that required police to patrol my suburb on horseback in the late nineties. It's a long story but the police seem more scarce these days.

They didn't even come around when the crewman got stolen... police these days don't appear to be, lets say, as hard working as they once were.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

The city of Toronto has horse back patrols  in their downtown  core..

But, other than parades I don't see police on horseback in my city.

Blazor

Thats messed up Caskur.

Our police have quotas to meet too here.

We also have horse back officers, but are rarely seen. We have 'em on bicycles too.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Thats messed up Caskur.

Our police have quotas to meet too here.

We also have horse back officers, but are rarely seen. We have 'em on bicycles too.

It is messed up.

caskur

In another state in Australia, (Victoria) the police got caught faking up 250,000 (or 500,000, I forget which) breathe tests so they could meet quotas.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-30/victoria-police-record-fake-roadside-breath-tests/9817846">http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-30/v ... ts/9817846">http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-30/victoria-police-record-fake-roadside-breath-tests/9817846
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"In another state in Australia, (Victoria) the police got caught faking up 250,000 (or 500,000, I forget which) breathe tests so they could meet quotas.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-30/victoria-police-record-fake-roadside-breath-tests/9817846">http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-30/v ... ts/9817846">http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-30/victoria-police-record-fake-roadside-breath-tests/9817846

That is sickening. They should be fired.

caskur

HA... Oz is FULL of corruption... EVERYWHERE these days.

I'm ashamed of where my continent went. Seriously.
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"At least the cops here stopped hassling people for not wearing a helmet while bicycling.  THAT was the dumbest law to implement, ever.

I agree, stupid law. If you WANT to wear one, then wear one, if not, dont, should be that simple. I never wore a helmet as a kid on a bike, and I turned out fine  :laugh:

It's illegal here to ride a bicycle without a helmet, walk multiple abreast together as a group, or skateboard after having a few beers.

:2r4ml1j_th:

Also illegal here to ride a lawnmower after a few beers.

Btw, cops here like to profile as well. I cant count the times I was pulled over over bullshit nit picky things, just so they could search my vehicle. The last time I had enough, and asked if I was being profiled, because it wasnt the first time I've been searched. They let me go.

I was distantly tailed in the middle of nowhere for like 20 k's once from one bush town to nearly another. Had it on cruise control and my vehicle was clean in appearance. After getting nearly rammed up the bum by this prick I finally had enough and signaled and came to a very abrupt stop in the bulldust along the side of the road. Whipped my licence out in my hand outside the window with the other on the wheel.

The prick was astonished. I told him to get it the hell over with and that I didn't appreciate being harassed for over 10 minutes. Run my licence, search my car, do whatever bullshit thing he wanted to do but never ever crawl up my arse like that again or I would depress the brakes and he would have a smashed front end and he'd be at fault for tailgating.

He came back visibly shaken. Apologized profusely. Let me on my way.

ac_lmfao

...and then you woke up.

caskur

My deceased brother-in-law was pulled over for speeding and he said to the cop, "get it over and done with because I'm late for work," then the cop started walking around the truck kicking the tyres, ..so my BIL (the smart arse that he was) said to the cop, "did you have an argument with the Mrs this morning?" so the coppa (lol) said, "your mud flaps are too high, and slapped a yellow sticker on the truck.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Petrol in WA is $1.60 a litre and LPG is $1.00 a litre atm

I want to go for a Saturday drive damnit!~
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

And had he said, "I'm sorry, officer. I am running late for work, and didn't realise I was over the limit. I apologise", he had a 50-50 chance of walking away, especially if it was early in the morning.

caskur

LOL... My BIL was a law unto himself...

I got done on my 21 st birthday... I was turning right off Carrington Street, into South Street, (meanwhile a new "no right turn" light had gone up). This confused my little 21 year old bird brain and I thought, "there are no cars except me, I'm turning." Well, I turned straight into a coppa... lol He was already writing the ticket and when I said it was my 21 st Birthday, he stopped midway, but it was too late, he had already started the ticket and had to go through with it and I got done.
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

Do the crime, do the time...

I must say I find Freud's imagined anecdotes far more entertaining, though.

caskur

Oh I thought you'd like to hear my first and only speeding ticket when I was 19, driving my super cool Austin Lancer 1959 model....

That was more entertaining... Oh well, I'll let boring cat fishing Freud entertain you then.
- Andy Warhol

Blazor

Quote from: "caskur""did you have an argument with the Mrs this morning?"

:roll:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.