Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

I think I need an exercise routine...

Started by Chuck Bronson, July 14, 2018, 06:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"In other words nothing. Just as I thought. What a waste of a life.

So you posting here is OK, but myself posting here is a 'waste of life?'

Fuck outta my thread, idiot!

I asked you a question you didn't like that's all.

My life doesn't revolve around alcohol and self aggrandizement on forums. I mean I used to waste my time like you do, but I decided many years ago to start living life. You have yet to make that decision and you might not make it either. Don't blame us because your life is so damned boring.

Chuck Bronson

Don't even try the 'holier than thou' shit with me, you idiot.  And stop the fucking preaching about booze.  Yeah, we all know you're a fucking pisstank that couldn't handle your fucking booze.  Don't worry about what others do, nor how they decide to live their lives.  Perhaps you should lead by example, and just stop posting here.  Show us all how to not waste away our lives.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"In other words nothing. Just as I thought. What a waste of a life.

I asked you a question you didn't like that's all.

My life doesn't revolve around alcohol and self aggrandizement on forums. I mean I used to waste my time like you do, but I decided many years ago to start living life. You have yet to make that decision and you might not make it either. Don't blame us because your life is so damned boring.

I believe Mel wants to start living a healthier, more fulfilling life, but he doesn't know how to start..

Which is why he posts threads like this one.

Chuck Bronson

One simple fucking thread, and half the forum has to jump up and down like fucking chimps.

I DO have more time to post than most, because I don't have a wife nor kids.  I DO have more time, because condo living means I don't have to do much maintenance here at all.  I DO have more time to post, since it's not uncommon for my job to sit me for an hour while I twiddle my thumbs and wait for the street to get dug up.

Not to mention it's over 30 degrees out right now, and I really hate the fucking heat.  Would rather spend the better part of the day in my A/C'd condo, then sweating my fucking balls off wandering around aimlessly outside.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Fashionista"I believe Mel wants to start living a healthier, more fulfilling life, but he doesn't know how to start..

Which is why he posts threads like this one.

Essentially it was just pointing out how I noticed myself becoming winded quicker than I'd expected from doing a simple, comical dance routine!  I'm sure it's a combination of age, along with a lack of physical exercise routine.  My job is not very physical (unless you're shoveling out clay that won't dump outta the box...  Talk about going from Zero to Heart Attack pretty fast! :laugh: )

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"One simple fucking thread, and half the forum has to jump up and down like fucking chimps.

===

Nicely put...I detest when that happens to me.   ac_lmfao  ac_lmfao  ac_lmfao

caskur

Nope... with you it's possible you're stuck and lack enthusiasm.

I say this because at the moment in extreme weather be that heat or cold, it's hard to muster enthusiasm to do anything different.

If I really had guts, I'd go bathe, pack a swag, fill up the petrol tank and ride off into the outback and run straight into an experience. Instead, I sit here watching you fight and me trying to figure out world problems.

Half of me wants my husband to hurry up and retire (just in case I get a flat tyre, I need a tyre fixer upperer) and the other half thinks a reduced income is not for us so I make him stay at work. I feel like saying to him, don't go to work today, lets escape.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "caskur"

I say this because at the moment in extreme weather be that heat or cold, it's hard to muster enthusiasm to do anything different.

If I really had guts, I'd go bathe, pack a swag, fill up the petrol tank and ride off into the outback and run straight into an experience. Instead, I sit here watching you fight and me trying to figure out world problems.

Half of me wants my husband to hurry up and retire (just in case I get a flat tyre, I need a tyre fixer upperer) and the other half thinks a reduced income is not for us so I make him stay at work.

I can state this...  When my wife was around, I found it much easier to find the motivation to do more things.  Being single just doesn't give me the same drive or purpose to 'get out and do things.'

Even things like wandering around the malls...  With her I could spend half the day doing this.  Now, I'd probably be 'some creepy dude creeping around the mall alone! :laugh: '

caskur

Half of me wants my husband to hurry up and retire (just in case I get a flat tyre, I need a tyre fixer upperer) and the other half thinks a reduced income is not for us so I make him stay at work.

I can state this...  When my wife was around, I found it much easier to find the motivation to do more things.  Being single just doesn't give me the same drive or purpose to 'get out and do things.'

Even things like wandering around the malls...  With her I could spend half the day doing this.  Now, I'd probably be 'some creepy dude creeping around the mall alone! :laugh: '

Yep.

In Australia, they have groups, called "get a life,"... I've heard about them but don't know too much other than a bunch of random strangers meet once a week or fortnight or something where they'll do dinner or movies, or some type of outting together... I like that idea.

We've really isolated ourselves these days because of the viciousness of the public. It's like someone left the doors open and zoo animals escaped.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "caskur"Yep.

In Australia, they have groups, called "get a life,"... I've heard about them but don't know too much other than a bunch of random strangers meet once a week or fortnight or something where they'll do dinner or movies, or some type of outting together... I like that idea.

We've really isolated ourselves these days because of the viciousness of the public. It's like someone left the doors open and zoo animals escaped.

They have something similar here too, called 'events and adventures.'  Don't know much about the clientele they attract though...

I've noticed society itself getting colder and more isolated, especially in big cities like here.  It's nothing but a big fucking rat race, with people neither having the time, nor desire, to really interact much.  Smaller towns don't seem to be as bad in this regard.

caskur

Quote from: "caskur"Yep.

They have something similar here too, called 'events and adventures.'  Don't know much about the clientele they attract though...

I've noticed society itself getting colder and more isolated, especially in big cities like here.  It's nothing but a big fucking rat race, with people neither having the time, nor desire, to really interact much.  Smaller towns don't seem to be as bad in this regard.

Yes, cities are rat races.

One of my brothers lives in a coastal town north of me... they have 1 stop sign and no sets of lights. When he comes down to Perth, the traffic drives him nuts.

I want to retire to a coastal town. If I won lotto, I'd have two places, the house I live in now and a shack on the coast I could escape to sometimes.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

I understand you are having trouble getting motivated..

Perhaps a good two week trip some place you've always wanted to visit..

That could lead to new hobbies, interests and friends..

You have the money, and you are single....nothing is holding you back.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "caskur"Yes, cities are rat races.

One of my brothers lives in a coastal town north of me... they have 1 stop sign and no sets of lights. When he comes down to Perth, the traffic drives him nuts.

I want to retire to a coastal town. If I won lotto, I'd have two places, the house I live in now and a shack on the coast I could escape to sometimes.

Most people it seems want to get out of the big cities these days, except for new immigrants...  They love the big cities.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have a SubWay or grocery store within walking distance, but every day you can feel the 'quality of life' slipping lower and lower.  Spending half the day just fighting traffic is NOT fun.

I think most people stay due to work, or perhaps they have family close by.  Nevertheless, that's my retirement dream also...  Upon retirement, if not sooner, I'm getting the fuck outta here!  A little piece of land in a quiet town is just what the Doctor ordered.  I'd even be happy living in a double-wide, as long as I had some space, and peace and quiet!

If it was close to some Crown land, that would even be better.  Nothing better than riding a dirtbike or a quad in the bush, with a backpack full of brews!  I could enjoy doing that until the day I die, or are too old and crippled to ride!  In that case, just throw me in the old folks home where I stare out the window every day, sitting in my shitty diapers!

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Fashionista"I understand you are having trouble getting motivated..

Perhaps a good two week trip some place you've always wanted to visit..

That could lead to new hobbies, interests and friends..

You have the money, and you are single....nothing is holding you back.

I have a couple of trips I'd like to make (one to Hawaii, as I've never been, and one a two week road trip into California and Nevada).  Work seems to get in the way, even though nothing stops me from just parking the truck.

Again, I'd still rather do trips like this with a significant other though...

caskur

That's why I want to keep the house I live in. We built it and if I gave it up, I'd never be able to afford to buy back in my suburb.

I think a lot of us just need a decent break from routine for starters.

I want to go to the outback and take photographs of old dwellings against sunset backdrops and stuff.

The only thing that scares me is there are just as many nuts in the outback... slit your throat and throw you down a mine shaft.

Apparently there are 9 missing persons in the outback of WA... It'd be just my luck to bump into a serial killer. Maybe its better to travel with a convoy.
- Andy Warhol