The best topic

Replies: 10492
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 29, 2024, 06:18:09 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Australian Birds

Started by caskur, July 14, 2018, 11:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Gaon

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Gaon"
So, adult kids are ripping off their parents because it is so expensive to live in Western Australia?

Not just kids,... people running retirement places... for instance, on our news, one old lady was charged $15.00 because the receptionist was asked to get her a cup of hot chocolate...  ac_crying

They're screwing the oldies left, right and centre.

The average house (dog box style) is $500,000.

In fact our grannies and graddaddies are taking off to live in Bali... for $250 a week, they can live like Grand Dutcheses.

And I would say the most hated people (more hated than immigrants) are our politicians... doesn't matter which side of the horse they say they represent, they're lucky our guns were taken away because I'm sure by now they'd be assassinated French revolution style.

Do employers allow employees to rip off elderly people?

I know an Israeli guy who retired in the Philippines. He is living large for peanuts too.

I have no idea what employers do... We're in the mining and building industry.

We had a Fillippino working with us who used to tell my husband Kurt, "go to the Phillipines and you will live like a King" but I cannot stand humidity... dry heat, I'm OK, but humidity, no so much.. Plus, who'd lived there now with all the plutonium leaching into the Ocean from Japan, poisoning all the fish?

The planet is suffering... Only Divine intervention will save it now and not many people believe in Divinity.

Just give a camera and clouds full of lightning.... then I won't have worry about everybody.

I don't know, Asians still eat a lot of fish.

I don't like humidity much either. Israel is hot and dry in the summer. Vancouver is rainy and doesn't get much sun in the winter. It's depressing.

Yeah, the poor get the poisoned fish from their own waters, the rich buy our fish from Australia exported to them.

Some of the fish in Canada comes from Asia. Some of it is caught here, sent there for processing and sent back.

That's happening here to but since I'm a Cynic, it wouldn't surprise me to learn they swapped to good stuff for the bad stuff.

I mean who polices any of these rackets going on globally.

NO ONE!

A whole bunch of Aussies got Hepititus A from frozen blue berries from China.

We eat a lot herring. It tastes better back in Israel.
The Russian Rock It

caskur

I know our herring goes to Thailand to be filleted then sent back to us.

I had some a couple years back... it tasted great.

Anyway, lamb is in season here... $12 - 14 a kilo for a leg of lamb... and it just about melts in your mouth... in fact, I'm hungry. I better go eat something, it's past lunchtime,...
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"I know our herring goes to Thailand to be filleted then sent back to us.

Anyway, lamb is in season here... $12 - 14 a kilo for a leg of lamb... and it just about melts in your mouth... in fact, I'm hungry. I better go eat something, it's past lunchtime,...

We ate lamb when we lived in Kazakhstan.

caskur

So, adult kids are ripping off their parents because it is so expensive to live in Western Australia?

Not just kids,... people running retirement places... for instance, on our news, one old lady was charged $15.00 because the receptionist was asked to get her a cup of hot chocolate...  ac_crying

In fact our grannies and graddaddies are taking off to live in Bali... for $250 a week, they can live like Grand Dutcheses.

And I would say the most hated people (more hated than immigrants) are our politicians... doesn't matter which side of the horse they say they represent, they're lucky our guns were taken away because I'm sure by now they'd be assassinated French revolution style.

I know an Israeli guy who retired in the Philippines. He is living large for peanuts too.

We had a Fillippino working with us who used to tell my husband Kurt, "go to the Phillipines and you will live like a King" but I cannot stand humidity... dry heat, I'm OK, but humidity, no so much.. Plus, who'd lived there now with all the plutonium leaching into the Ocean from Japan, poisoning all the fish?

The planet is suffering... Only Divine intervention will save it now and not many people believe in Divinity.

Just give a camera and clouds full of lightning.... then I won't have worry about everybody.

I don't like humidity much either. Israel is hot and dry in the summer. Vancouver is rainy and doesn't get much sun in the winter. It's depressing.

Yeah, the poor get the poisoned fish from their own waters, the rich buy our fish from Australia exported to them.

Some of the fish in Canada comes from Asia. Some of it is caught here, sent there for processing and sent back.

That's happening here to but since I'm a Cynic, it wouldn't surprise me to learn they swapped to good stuff for the bad stuff.

NO ONE!

ps, we go here a lot...

Kalis Fish Market

http://www.kailis.com/fremantle/">http://www.kailis.com/fremantle/
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Gaon

NO ONE!

ps, we go here a lot...

Kalis Fish Market

http://www.kailis.com/fremantle/">http://www.kailis.com/fremantle/

I can see why you go there a lot. :thumbup:
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

Quote from: "caskur"Fash, don't listen to BT about WA...

Wiki says...

Economy of Western Australia

The Western Australian economy is a state economy dominated by its resources and services sector and largely driven by the export of iron-ore, gold, liquefied natural gas and agricultural commodities such as wheat. Covering an area of 2.5 million km2, the state is Australia's largest, accounting for almost one-third of the continent. Western Australia is the nation's fourth most populous state, with 2.6 million inhabitants (11% of the national population).[1]

In 2011, Western Australia provided 46% of Australia's exports.[2] In 2010-11, Western Australia's gross state product was A$193 billion (14.6% of Australia's GDP), making it the nation's most productive state with a GSP per capita of $82,653 (compared with the national average of $57,925).[3] If Western Australia were a separate country, it would be among the Top 50 economies in the world by GDP.

We're NOT the 4th Economy... we ARE the economy!~

You ignore one thing; the resources belong to the entire COUNTRY, not to any individual State.

We are a COMMONWEALTH. The fact that the minerals are geographically located in Western Australia does not mean that other States cannot obtain revenue from them.

WA is not a sovereign nation, and were it a separate country it would NOT survive 5 minutes.

caskur

They belong to WA... if you want to talk about sharing belongings, how about putting in a share for the Christmas Island detention centre that WA pays for?

The mines belong to Gina... they belong to who owns them...

And when NSW and fucking Queensland and Vic have their big disasters, they put their handout for world wide donations... do you see WA do that? We would never lower ourselves begging money from the rest of the world. You don't even hear about our disasters in the ES... cretins.

And when stupid Labor was in power, they forcibly took $1400 out of our pockets to pay for Queensland's Cyclone Yatsi (whatever its stupid name was)... when we have a cyclone... we have insurance... We don't forcibly nick money out people's savings.

Nah, fuck the useless Eastern Staters... they just feather their own nests and the nests of carpet baggers and the poor get poorer, and the stupid get culled on meth.

Australia would be so much better off if I was running it.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"

You ignore one thing; the resources belong to the entire COUNTRY, not to any individual State.

We are a COMMONWEALTH. The fact that the minerals are geographically located in Western Australia does not mean that other States cannot obtain revenue from them.

WA is not a sovereign nation, and were it a separate country it would NOT survive 5 minutes.

Put me in a tree with an Uzi and see how many fuckers I would take out before I'd surrender my state.

And I'm sure my athletic hubby would be in the next tree beside me...

No one is having WA while I still have breath in me.. I'm from pioneer stock... we're pretty tough.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "caskur"I know our herring goes to Thailand to be filleted then sent back to us.

Why were you in Kazakhstan?

I hope your lamb was nice.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

My husband was working for an oilfield service company.

caskur

That would have been an interesting experience.

My husband went to Russia in 1975 on the first tourist cruise..... I am actually asking him stuff right now but he's forgetting small details.... The cruise on a Russian Ship to Singapore... then flew to Kuala Lumpur (sp?). They then flew onto Moscow. Only 7 million lived in Russia at that time.  And health authorities did not allow chewing gum or air conditioning. They considered it a health hazard.
- Andy Warhol

Gaon

My husband went to Russia in 1975 on the first tourist cruise..... I am actually asking him stuff right now but he's forgetting small details.... The cruise on a Russian Ship to Singapore... then flew to Kuala Lumpur (sp?). They then flew onto Moscow. Only 7 million lived in Russia at that time.  And health authorities did not allow chewing gum or air conditioning. They considered it a health hazard.

The population of the Russian Republic in the Soviet Union was 134.2 million in 1975.
The Russian Rock It

caskur

The population of the Russian Republic in the Soviet Union was 134.2 million in 1975.

He's got it written in his diary...I wonder if it might be Moscow then... what does it say about Moscow?
- Andy Warhol

Gaon

Moscow was 7.6 million in 1975.
The Russian Rock It

caskur

That population of "Russia" you're talking about Gaon included other countries like Poland, Yugoslavia, Finland and a few others apparently.
- Andy Warhol