The best topic

Replies: 10492
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 29, 2024, 06:18:09 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Australian Birds

Started by caskur, July 14, 2018, 11:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Vancouver

Burnaby Lake. Where do you live again Gaon?
Time is malleable

Gaon

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"Burnaby Lake. Where do you live again Gaon?

North Surrey.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"Saw this eagle today. I think it's a golden eagle?

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4813/31447484007_0a6e5ce279_c.jpg">

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4862/31447482027_6608b26cca_c.jpg">

Soectacular TheVancouverGuy.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"We live next to some native bushland, where at some time many years ago, an optimistic farmer thought he would try his hand at growing almonds.

They grow very well in Australia.

However, he could never harvest a crop and abandoned the grove. It remains to this day just over our back fence. And to this day, we never harvest one single kernel. Not one.

Here's why.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4866/32209203308_0f055d0888_b.jpg">

The corellas are scarfing the lot. Every one, on about 50 trees all up.

You want corellas, Canucks...take as many as you want. The damn things will eat all your shit.

And now look what you have... dead birds... almonds are no good for our cockies. Trust me on this one...

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/galahs-and-other-birds-falling-out-of-the-sky-as-biosecurity-sa-tests-for-toxins/ar-BBRcrkp?ocid=spartanntp">https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australi ... spartanntp">https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/galahs-and-other-birds-falling-out-of-the-sky-as-biosecurity-sa-tests-for-toxins/ar-BBRcrkp?ocid=spartanntp
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

They're being poisoned.

:shock:

Bricktop

Not by almonds.

However, unscrupulous and nefarious growers have, in the past, resorted to bait poisons to stop birds eating their crops.

It is highly illegal and comes with a gaol sentence.

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"They're being poisoned.

Farmers have always treated our continent like they had the right to destroy it.... everything native is considered a pest... the trees, the birds, the animals...

I'm actually quite mentally warped about it these days... I shake with anger about  the greed that swept Australia.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"Not by almonds.

However, unscrupulous and nefarious growers have, in the past, resorted to bait poisons to stop birds eating their crops.

It is highly illegal and comes with a gaol sentence.

When I was young I rented a place in Bicton where I came from. It had an almond tree. Two Twenty Eight Parots (ringnecks) were eating them.... then I found them dead... one at a time..

In Bicton where my mum lived, she also had an almond tree that the Ringnecks used to eat and SHE found dead Twenty Eights (ringnecks) in her yard.

I do not trust almond trees. Almonds contain arsenic apparently and humans should not eat too many either. A vegetarian is advised no more than 12 a day.
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

Quote from: "caskur"

Farmers have always treated our continent like they had the right to destroy it.... everything native is considered a pest... the trees, the birds, the animals...

I'm actually quite mentally warped about it these days... I shake with anger about  the greed that swept Australia.

I understand how you feel.

Australians stand up sanctimoniously when nations in South America, Asia, North America and elsewhere clear land for agriculture, seemingly ignorant of the fact that the Australian settlers and colonists cleared millions of acres of natural bushland with nary a care for the consequences and the permanent damage it has caused this country.

">

No doubt Canada and the US cleared large parts of the landscape as well so that farmers could grow rich.

But third world countries...hell, no...that damages our planet.

The hypocrisy is sickening.

caskur

Exactly. I got into trouble stating my truthful opinions on twitter and facebook.

No one wants to say anything that might hurt the farmers feelers.

Some idiot farmer confessed to murdering at least 400 wedgetailed eagles.

Then I had another NSW farmer on my public fb take offense over what I said, gave me a lecture and flounced....lol... Too bad really, he's a great photographer. He reckons my attitude is political...

From the oceans to the desert, they ripped out the trees and native plants, the very thing that cooled our continent and attracted rain and now we have worse floods and droughts than ever before....

Say anything to an Aussie on fb and it's like the precious petals faint out of fear.

I'm really glad I got my e-apprenticeship on tough old flame groups.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Are farmers the culprits who are poisoning parrots?

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"Exactly. I got into trouble stating my truthful opinions on twitter and facebook.

No one wants to say anything that might hurt the farmers feelers.

Some idiot farmer confessed to murdering at least 400 wedgetailed eagles.

Then I had another NSW farmer on my public fb take offense over what I said, gave me a lecture and flounced....lol... Too bad really, he's a great photographer. He reckons my attitude is political...

From the oceans to the desert, they ripped out the trees and native plants, the very thing that cooled our continent and attracted rain and now we have worse floods and droughts than ever before....

Say anything to an Aussie on fb and it's like the precious petals faint out of fear.

I'm really glad I got my e-apprenticeship on tough old flame groups.

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Yes, they shoot them and poison them. They don't want birds shitting over their crops.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Yes, they shoot them and poison them. They don't want birds shitting over their crops.

I hope they are charged by the police.