News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Pacific Grain Elevators (now Viterra) Vancouver...

Started by Chuck Bronson, July 21, 2018, 05:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Chuck Bronson

My Grandfather worked here for most of his life after coming to Canada.  Even after retirement, he continued to work there as security on the weekends.

One day an amateur photographer approached him, and she asked him if he could take her on a guided tour of the facility so she could snap some black & whites.  He obliged.  Remember that this was just before the modern era of 'maximum security' due to 'terrorism risks,' so something like this was still 'OK' to do then.

In return she said she'd send him copies of the photos, which surprisingly she did!

I should scan and post them, just for fun...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"My Grandfather worked here for most of his life after coming to Canada.  Even after retirement, he continued to work there as security on the weekends.

One day an amateur photographer approached him, and she asked him if he could take her on a guided tour of the facility so she could snap some black & whites.  He obliged.  Remember that this was just before the modern era of 'maximum security' due to 'terrorism risks,' so something like this was still 'OK' to do then.

In return she said she'd send him copies of the photos, which surprisingly she did!

I should scan and post them, just for fun...

If you want to Mel.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Fashionista"If you want to Mel.

Why not...  These pics just sit in my storage safe.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"
Quote from: "Fashionista"If you want to Mel.

Why not...  These pics just sit in my storage safe.

Sure, why not.

Chuck Bronson

Not sure if the amateur photographer ever made a career in photography!  Probably not...

Chuck Bronson

Chuck Bronson

Chuck Bronson

Chuck Bronson

Chuck Bronson

Chuck Bronson

Chuck Bronson

Chuck Bronson

Chuck Bronson

Chuck Bronson