News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Pacific Grain Elevators (now Viterra) Vancouver...

Started by Chuck Bronson, July 21, 2018, 05:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Bronson

That's it!  At a very brisk walk, it takes 1 1/2 hours to walk the entire facility, which he had to do twice in an eight hour shift.  Went along once and can confirm 1 1/2 hour walk-through.

Anonymous

Thanks, nice pics.  

Slight similarity (on a larger scale) to a locale about a half hour from me which is a semi-rural junction for railroad, truck, and Mississippi River traffic.  Mostly agricultural products and still a bit of soft coal.

Chuck Bronson

That job allowed him to be the sole breadwinner for the family.  Even after his death, my Grandmother still received a pension from them, although at a reduced rate.

Sadly, jobs like this are becoming a thing of the past, it seems.

cc

Great pics Mel

I'm not much into color photos no matter how well they are taken ... I do love good black and white

hmmm .. set myself up on that one
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Herman"Pretty good pictures Mel.

It was actually an amateur photographer that walked up to my Grandfather, requesting access to take them!  She did send him copies (keeping her word), which I simply scanned...

JOE

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"http://i63.tinypic.com/2zptrmw.png">

I worked there briefly as a security guard.

I remember that room, that if you didn't bend down y'ad hit yer head on the machinery.

I cuffed my head on it a couple of times though i wore a workers helmut.

"Clunk!" and the plastic hard hat made this thud noise.

I was employed by Pinkerton's

I worked the evening shift until they planned to put me on graveyard.

So I quit because the company misled said initially there wouldn't be any graveyard times.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "JOE"I worked there briefly as a security guard.

I remember that room, that if you didn't bend down y'ad hit yer head on the machinery.

What you see here isn't actually a 'room.'  There are literally miles of this inside that grain elevator, and there is enough clearance to walk through them all without bumping your head!

I'm not saying you weren't a security guard there (they may have outsourced security since my Grandfathers time there), but it does seem you may not be quite that familiar with the insides of a large grain elevator such as PGE (now Viterra)...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"
Quote from: "JOE"I worked there briefly as a security guard.

What you see here isn't actually a 'room.'  There are literally miles of this inside that grain elevator, and there is enough clearance to walk through them all without bumping your head!

I'm not saying you weren't a security guard there (they may have outsourced security since my Grandfathers time there), but it does seem you may not be quite that familiar with the insides of a large grain elevator such as PGE (now Viterra)...

Joe's fake jobs and lies busted yet again. ac_toofunny

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Herman"Joe's fake jobs and lies busted yet again. ac_toofunny

Sadly, yes.

Even though I did not take these particular shots personally, I have walked through that entire terminal from front to back, and top to bottom.

Joe should have considered this before posting...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"
Quote from: "Herman"Joe's fake jobs and lies busted yet again. ac_toofunny

Sadly, yes.

Even though I did not take these particular shots personally, I have walked through that entire terminal from front to back, and top to bottom.

Joe should have considered this before posting...

Joe doesn't do any research before he posts his lies.