Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Something I learned today...

Started by Chuck Bronson, July 23, 2018, 06:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Bronson

...after buying a big old container of mixed nuts.

It contains Brazil nuts (aka Nigger Toes, but probably best not to call 'em that anymore), and I learned that Brazil nuts are extremely high in Selenium content.  In fact, nothing contains more Selenium than Brazil nuts.

While the body seems to need a very small amount of Selenium, eating only six (6) Brazil nuts already puts one over the recommended daily maximum limit for this element, and regular consumption of larger amounts of these nuts can lead to selenium toxicity, so I picked them all out and ate them all at once just to see what happens...

Frood

:laugh:  maybe you'll go through a spontaneous metamorphosis in your sleep and wake up with a beak and blue feathers.
Blahhhhhh...

Blazor

I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Berry Sweet

What are you doing eating nuts!?!?!  Shouldn't you be chowing on meat??  And nothing but meat??

https://2.gall-img.com/hygall/files/attach/images/82/903/983/041/0254247a138195c94a59bb21c5f84b0e.gif">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"...after buying a big old container of mixed nuts.

It contains Brazil nuts (aka Black Toes, but probably best not to call 'em that anymore), and I learned that Brazil nuts are extremely high in Selenium content.  In fact, nothing contains more Selenium than Brazil nuts.

While the body seems to need a very small amount of Selenium, eating only six (6) Brazil nuts already puts one over the recommended daily maximum limit for this element, and regular consumption of larger amounts of these nuts can lead to selenium toxicity, so I picked them all out and ate them all at once just to see what happens...

I used to buy them at Christmas.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Fashionista"I used to buy them at Christmas.

I think my Grandmother did too, but the shelled version for some reason.

Here is another thing I learned:  Shelled Brazil nuts can go rancid quite quickly, so it's best to buy them unshelled if you actually want to keep them around for eating at a later date!

Berry Sweet

Chuck Bronson

I eat a variety of almost everything...

Berry Sweet

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQk98zA1c4v4GPABOdrfbRsJ5yIUCuYQvG3D2rysCZdZQ-M2xHH4w">

Chuck Bronson

That guy made millions with his fucking chamois towels...

Berry Sweet

I can't watch those commercials...theyre so cheesy....I don't understand how millions of people get suckered into it.

The most hilarious one was a beer maker....some old white guy was making the beers and this chubby blonde chick was sampling all of them and getting way overly excited...makes ya wonder when the dildo was gonna pop out?

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"...after buying a big old container of mixed nuts.

It contains Brazil nuts (aka Black Toes, but probably best not to call 'em that anymore), and I learned that Brazil nuts are extremely high in Selenium content.  In fact, nothing contains more Selenium than Brazil nuts.

I used to buy them at Christmas.

Our parents did too. They'd buy 5 or 6 different kinds of unshelled nuts and bring out their toy soldier nutcracker dolls or decorative units for us to play with.
Blahhhhhh...

Chuck Bronson

YES!  German in there by chance?

Frood

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"YES!  German in there by chance?

Father's side. His grandmother.

He used to drag us kids to the Nutcracker ballet on ice. We hated it, but during intermission people dressed up as Looney Toons characters took to the ice and we loved that.
Blahhhhhh...

Chuck Bronson