News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Mass Shooting Jacksonville Fl - Early reports 4 Dead, 11 Wounded - SWAT on scene

Started by cc, August 26, 2018, 03:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Quote from: "SCOUSE"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Oh...er....hi Scouse.

Didn't realise you were around...

How's the weather?

Sound, it's been a quality summer actually, one of the best.... but to be honest I'll be happy for the colder months to return, because as you know us Brits aren't exactly partial to these tropical conditions.  ac_biggrin

I had a bit of a larf in June. Everyone was melting in the "heat". We were enjoying the lovely spring weather.

I think Brits could cope with "heat" a bit more if they installed ceiling fans, and opened a few windows.

I don't know how many pubs we walked in, then immediately out of, due to overpowering smell of sweat in a crowded bar with NO ventilation whatsoever.

Aryan

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "SCOUSE"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Oh...er....hi Scouse.

Didn't realise you were around...

How's the weather?

Sound, it's been a quality summer actually, one of the best.... but to be honest I'll be happy for the colder months to return, because as you know us Brits aren't exactly partial to these tropical conditions.  ac_biggrin

I had a bit of a larf in June. Everyone was melting in the "heat". We were enjoying the lovely spring weather.

I think Brits could cope with "heat" a bit more if they installed ceiling fans, and opened a few windows.

I don't know how many pubs we walked in, then immediately out of, due to overpowering smell of sweat in a crowded bar with NO ventilation whatsoever.

I can imagine,  perhaps you should save the sandals and socks look for colder temperatures?

Bricktop

Are you kidding?

The salesman at Selfridges said I looked "charmingly Australian".

cc

https://www.weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Screen-Shot-2018-08-26-at-6.35.51-PM-225x300.png">

Update - Seems 2 victims + shooter dead as of now
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

But America does not need gun control.

Or, if we follow the logic of the gun nuts...it was the victims' fault for NOT having guns.

That country is seriously messed up.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"https://www.weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Screen-Shot-2018-08-26-at-6.35.51-PM-225x300.png">

Update - Seems 2 victims + shooter dead as of now

terrible

cc

Quoteit was the victims' fault for NOT having guns

Wherever did you get that from?

Edit - Cancel that question - We know your position, it has no objectivity, you repeat it constantly  and you never let a good tragedy go to waste

cc

Apparently he won last year ... but lost today

Also, He also did himself in  today ... he was not shot by cop or by anyone else

https://www.weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Screen-Shot-2018-08-26-at-8.33.15-PM-272x300.png">

Zetsu

Quote from: "Bricktop"But America does not need gun control.

Or, if we follow the logic of the gun nuts...it was the victims' fault for NOT having guns.

I agree, and many still won't accept the truth illegal guns were once legal guns, hence feeding the vicious cycle.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"

I agree, and many still won't accept the truth illegal guns were once legal guns, hence feeding the vicious cycle.

Illegal opioids were once legal too.

Bricktop

Quote from: "cc"

Edit - Cancel that question - We know your position, it has no objectivity, you repeat it constantly  and you never let a good tragedy go to waste

It is derived from the logic put forward by Freud, and other idiots who think guns are good.

I am also bemused by the gun nutters who cry "foul" when an observation is made as a result of yet ANOTHER pointless loss of innocent life. That is PRECISELY the point of the argument that guns have no place in modern society.

Its precisely the same logic and "opportunism" that YOU employ when a terrorist act is committed, so spare me the ludicrous hypocrisy.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Zetsu"

Illegal opioids were once legal too.

I never knew that too, I always thought people just grow their drugs at home, lol.
Permanently off his rocker

cc

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Its precisely the same logic and "opportunism" that YOU employ when a terrorist act is committed, so spare me the ludicrous hypocrisy.

Fair comparison IF (and only if) islam was not  intent on slowly taking over a sleeping Western society ... and we both know exactly its intentions.

Quote from: "Bricktop"I am also bemused by the gun nutters who cry "foul" when an observation is made as a result of yet ANOTHER pointless loss of innocent life. That is PRECISELY the point of the argument that guns have no place in modern society.

Fair IF (and only if) there was a way to get rid of guns in the US or for that matter, here in Canada. There is not and never will be

I'm not talking "outlawing", I'm talking getting rid of

Apart from that and speaking for my own self, as to "guns have no place in modern society", I'll tell you that if I lived in a place that stopped me from having a gun in my home I would move to another place that does ... or if forced, disobey the law and have at least one at home.

You yourself know as a cop that a home invasion cannot be helped by police who cannot be there. I'm guessin you have gone to homes that had been  invaded

Between family and friends I knew of 2 horrible home invasions when I was quite young and would not allow my kids to be so vulnerable when they were around, and myself and mate now they are not around.

If it ever happens on my property I  choose to have the cops come and find perps bodies, not mine or my family's

Further as to "guns have no place in modern society", I'll say that a society that tries to prevent a person from protecting themselves in their own home .. is NOT a society at all much less a society worth being in.

Bricktop

Fair comparison IF (and only if) islam was not  intent on slowly taking over a sleeping Western society ... and we both know exactly its intentions.

There is no distinction. Referencing an incident which underscores the basic thrust of a position in an argument is perfectly reasonable. It is NOT exploiting a tragedy to highlight the existence of a problem, despite the cries of "foul" from the opposition. It also seems to be a common position that gun nuts take..."Don't use that pointless loss of life to highlight the problem of guns in society...that's immoral". I presume you are smart enough to recognise the irony on that comment.

QuoteApart from that and speaking for my own self, as to "guns have no place in modern society", I'll tell you that if I lived in a place that stopped me from having a gun in my home I would move to another place that does ... or if forced, disobey the law and have at least one at home.

For what purpose? You're home, and suddenly the door is forced open and a male enters...unless you have the gun on your person, you are powerless.

Alternately, you manage to reach your firearm, and suddenly you're looking down the sights of a 16 year old kid who's taking your laptop. Will you shoot?

Quote from: "cc"You yourself know as a cop that a home invasion cannot be helped by police who cannot be there.

Then why do you not accept that, as a cop, I'm aware that the possession of a firearm in your home is no guarantee you will not be the victims of a crime. As a cop, I'm aware that the attempting to defending yourself with a gun against an armed offender will more likely result in your death than his or hers? Why do you not accept that as a cop, I'm aware that the more LEGAL guns in a community, the more ILLEGAL guns are available in a community? Why do you not accept that as a cop I am aware that many gun crimes are committed by people with LEGAL guns? And it doesn't take a cop to recognise that statistically you are 10 times more likely to be killed by a gun in the US than in Australia.

Between family and friends I knew of 2 horrible invasions when I was quite young and would not allow my kids to be so vulnerable when they were around, and myself and mate now they are not around.

Yet they survived. As most victims of break-ins and home invasions do. If the offender is intent on killing the occupants, he or she will already be armed, and you will be unable to defend yourself with a gun stored in a dresser and the ammunition locked away in a secure cabinet.

If it ever happens on my property I  choose to have the cops come and find perps bodies, not mine or my family's

You're talking crap. If your home is invaded, I guarantee that you will either not get to your firearm, or you will be unable to use it in any way other than to threaten the offender. If the offender is armed, he or she will shoot.
As to "guns have no place in modern society", I'll say that a society that tries to prevent a person from protecting themselves in their own home .. is NOT a society at all much less a society worth being in.

Really? Then you would not live in many countries that are considerably safer than yours because guns are forbidden. Silly argument.

cc

You are so set in your ways that discussion is impossible. Because you are a cop your words mean more than the words of a greenhorn, but they cannot be taken as gospel as you have a highly pronounced bias on gun ownership of all kinds .. actually advocating total abstinence which I find abhorrent

All did not survive

And yes, I absolutely would not live in a "non" society that does not allow one to defend one's home ... on principle alone apart from whether I personally chose to be armed or not ... I consider such to not be a genuine society at all

Here many have guns at home ... rifles and shotguns ... (unregistered which I STRONGLY  do not agree with)  .... very few "legal"  short guns although very short shotguns can be legal .... and our country is quite  low in criminal shootings