News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Mass Shooting Jacksonville Fl - Early reports 4 Dead, 11 Wounded - SWAT on scene

Started by cc, August 26, 2018, 03:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

You are so set in your ways that discussion is impossible. Because you are a cop your words mean more than the words of a greenhorn, but they cannot be taken as gospel as you have a highly pronounced bias on gun ownership of all kinds .. actually advocating total abstinence which I find abhorrent

All did not survive

And yes, I absolutely would not live in a "non" society that does not allow one to defend one's home ... on principle alone apart from whether I personally chose to be armed or not ... I consider such to not be a genuine society at all

Here many have guns at home ... rifles and shotguns ... (unregistered which I STRONGLY  do not agree with)  .... very few "legal"  short guns although very short shotguns can be legal .... and our country is quite  low in criminal shootings
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Ask yourself where that "bias", as you call it, comes from?

Did I wake up one day and declare to myself "I hate guns"?

If you'd seen what I've seen, who knows, you too may be "biased".

Wazzzup

Still haven't seen a good explanation from the anti-gun nuts, LOL why it is places like Switzerland and Iceland have virtually the same gun availability as the US, but have some of the lowest murder rates in the world.  Obviously there is more than gun availability going on.

BTW after seeing what is going on in South Africa I'll definitely be keeping my gun.  Outside of leaving, its the only recourse a citizen has against a tyrannical government and/or the chaos created by one.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Wazzzup"Still haven't seen a good explanation from the anti-gun nuts, LOL why it is places like Switzerland and Iceland have virtually the same gun availability as the US, but have some of the lowest murder rates in the world.  Obviously there is more than gun availability going on.

BTW after seeing what is going on in South Africa I'll definitely be keeping my gun.  Outside of leaving, its the only recourse a citizen has against a tyrannical government and/or the chaos created by one.

Like mosts health illness, problems too aren't caused by only one factor alone, but 2, saying ppl killed in the US due to having a high number of civilian firearms is irrellivant isn't true, but also b/c of people living in social decay.  Switzerland and Iceland both only have no more than 1/4 of the firearms in the US, but they don't suffer from social issues or severe proverty and have a generous welfare system.  The fact remains registered guns make up a huge majority of the mass shooting, and illegal firearms were just once guns legally purchased firearms in the US.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"Still haven't seen a good explanation from the anti-gun nuts, LOL why it is places like Switzerland and Iceland have virtually the same gun availability as the US, but have some of the lowest murder rates in the world.  Obviously there is more than gun availability going on.

BTW after seeing what is going on in South Africa I'll definitely be keepingit my gun.  Outside of leaving, its the only recourse a citizen has against a tyrannical government and/or the chaos created by one.

The US cannot be compared to those countries.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Zetsu"

Like mosts health illness, problems too aren't caused by only one factor alone, but 2, saying the US having a high number of civilian firearms is irrellivant isn't true, but also due to people living in social decay.  Switzerland and Iceland both only have no more than 1/4 of the firearms in the US, but they don't suffer from social issues or severe proverty and have a generous welfare system.  The fact remains registered guns make up a huge majority of the mass shooting, and illegal firearms were just once guns legally purchased firearms in the US.

Most of the socalled poor in the US today have more than the middle class did in the 50s (cars TVS etc) and there was much less crime then.  So i don't by the poverty thing

the US difference is mostly demographics.   Go to chicago.  Known for murders.  Go to a white neighborhood in chicago, almost no murders for years.  Go to a Hispanic neighborhood-- your chance of getting murdered just doubled or tripled go to a black neighborhood your chances of getting murdered are now about ten times higher than the white neighborhood

But its not just chicago, these massive demographic differences in criminal behavior occur all over the US in every city.  the numbers are replicated over and over.  

Also statistics show that black kids from well off families are MORE likely to commit crimes than children from poor white families.

I am not saying gun availability has nothing to do with it, it may or may not, but I am saying other factors are much more important,.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

Like mosts health illness, problems too aren't caused by only one factor alone, but 2, saying the US having a high number of civilian firearms is irrellivant isn't true, but also due to people living in social decay.  Switzerland and Iceland both only have no more than 1/4 of the firearms in the US, but they don't suffer from social issues or severe proverty and have a generous welfare system.  The fact remains registered guns make up a huge majority of the mass shooting, and illegal firearms were just once guns legally purchased firearms in the US.

Most of the socalled poor in the US today have more than the middle class did in the 50s (cars TVS etc) and there was much less crime then.  So i don't by the poverty thing

the US difference is mostly demographics.   Go to chicago.  Known for murders.  Go to a white neighborhood in chicago, almost no murders for years.  Go to a Hispanic neighborhood-- your chance of getting murdered just doubled or tripled go to a black neighborhood your chances of getting murdered are now about ten times higher than the white neighborhood

But its not just chicago, these massive demographic differences in criminal behavior occur all over the US in every city.  the numbers are replicated over and over.  

Also statistics show that black kids from well off families are MORE likely to commit crimes than children from poor white families.

I am not saying gun availability has nothing to do with it, it may or may not, but I am saying other factors are much more important,.

I understand what you're trying to say, I always believe racial culture plays a major role in crime too, in fact my brother once told me each race commit different specific types of crime, while Blacks being the most involved in crimes related to violence.  But the fact here is that Canada have many different ethnic groups but it's just not as severe as in the US when it comes to mass shootings, but then it could be b/c we have some what less Blacks and no illegal border crossing Mexicans, along with the factor of strict gun laws and 4x less guns, but it's been getting worst lately due to mass immigration. ac_unsure
Permanently off his rocker

cc

Quote from: "Bricktop"Ask yourself where that "bias", as you call it, comes from?

Did I wake up one day and declare to myself "I hate guns"?

If you'd seen what I've seen, who knows, you too may be "biased".

That's fair

cc

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

I understand what you're trying to say, I always believe racial culture plays a major role in crime too, in fact my brother once told me each race commit different specific types of crime, while Blacks being the most involved in crimes related to violence.  But the fact here is that Canada have many different ethnic groups but it's just not as severe as in the US when it comes to mass shootings, but then it could be b/c we have some what less Blacks and no illegal border crossing Mexicans, along with the factor of strict gun laws and 4x less guns, but it's been getting worst lately due to mass immigration. ac_unsure

I think Canada's largest demographic besides white is asians, and they commit crimes probably less than whites.  But you look at Aboriginal canadians and their murder rate is at least 6 times higher than non aboriginals.  

As to mass shootings I think it has little to do with demographics  (except when it comes to Islam as a motivator) and has more complicated forces.  a monkey see, monkey do kind of thing where people imitate shooters, suicidal depression where the depressed person is not content  with just killing themselves but wants revenge in humanity, a desire to be famous, availability of guns and probably a few other things as well.  I think it takes a lot of factors put together.

BTW you and I may disagree a bit about guns, but we certainly are in agreement about the perils of mass immigration.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Culture plays a role in most everything, crime being a major

US gun violence is largely cultural.

Wazzzup

Well here's an interesting twist--

[size=150]Jacksonville Shooter Was Member of Anti-Trump 'Resistance' – Referred to Trump Supporters as "Trumptards" – Murdered 3 People[/size]

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/08/jacksonville-shooter-was-member-of-anti-trump-resistance-referred-to-trump-supporters-at-trumptards-murdered-4-people/">https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/0 ... -4-people/">https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/08/jacksonville-shooter-was-member-of-anti-trump-resistance-referred-to-trump-supporters-at-trumptards-murdered-4-people/

of course if he had been a trump fan, the UNbiased media would make sure the whole world knows it.

Do you think they will do the same now that he is shown to be a trump hater?

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Bricktop"Meanwhile, in other threads, Mel and the whorepig coo and caress a device proudly made in the USA for the purpose of killing.

The blood of innocent people slaughtered by firearms is on the hands of ALL those who worship and revere devices that exist to kill, and support the industry of death by giving their money to the manufacturers of these machines.

Don't stay mad, bro.  

I'll still get you that Red Ryder for Christmas if you try really hard to be a good boy.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Wazzzup"Still haven't seen a good explanation from the anti-gun nuts.

You mean the one that goes "fewer guns = fewer deaths by gunfire"?

Or the one that highlights that guns make killing people easier?

How about "There is NO socially acceptable or redeeming argument that says a functioning, law abiding society requires its members to possess firearms"?

Here's one; children are being gunned down in schools by lunatics that had easy access to military styled firearms. That seems to be a good argument.

Much like people who play video games don't deserve to be murdered by a whackjob wielding a gun he had no business possessing.

There is no use for a gun, other to harm and kill others. That's what they are made for. That's why the craftsmen of America pump these things out by the thousand, full in the knowledge that a significant proportion of their handywork will kill someone.

Its a sign of a sick and declining society.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"Well here's an interesting twist--

The media probably would have implied he was a racist if he was a Trump supporter.