The best topic

Replies: 10386
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:44 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Reggie Essent

And this is why I love Japan

Started by Zetsu, August 27, 2018, 04:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Germany did apologized but Japan never did

Yes, they did, but the Koreas and China won't accept it. South East Asian countries have though and moved on.

1950s

1957: Prime Minister Kishi Nobusuke said to the people of Burma: "We view with deep regret the vexation we caused to the people of Burma in the war just passed. In a desire to atone, if only partially, for the pain suffered, Japan is prepared to meet fully and with goodwill its obligations for war reparations. The Japan of today is not the Japan of the past, but, as its Constitution indicates, is a peace-loving nation."[6]

1957: Prime Minister Kishi Nobusuke said to the people of Australia: "It is my official duty, and my personal desire, to express to you and through you to the people of Australia, our heartfelt sorrow for what occurred in the war."[7]

1960s

June 22, 1965: Minister of Foreign Affairs Shiina Etsusaburo said to the people of South Korea: "In our two countries' long history there have been unfortunate times, it is truly regrettable and we are deeply remorseful" (Signing of the Treaty on Basic Relations between Japan and South Korea).

1970s

September 29, 1972: Prime Minister Kakuei Tanaka said to the people of the People's Republic of China: "The Japanese side is keenly conscious of the responsibility for the serious damage that Japan caused in the past to the Chinese people through war, and deeply reproaches itself. Further, the Japanese side reaffirms its position that it intends to realize the normalization of relations between the two countries from the stand of fully understanding 'the three principles for the restoration of relations' put forward by the Government of the People's Republic of China. The Chinese side expresses its welcome for this" (Joint Communique of the Government of Japan and the Government of the People's Republic of China).[8]

1980s

August 24, 1982: Prime Minister Zenkō Suzuki said: "I am painfully aware of Japan's responsibility for inflicting serious damages [on Asian nations] during the past war." "We need to recognize that there are criticisms that condemn [Japan's occupation] as invasion" (Press Conference on the textbook controversy).[9]

August 26, 1982: Chief Cabinet Secretary Kiichi Miyazawa said to the people of the Republic of Korea: "1. The Japanese Government and the Japanese people are deeply aware of the fact that acts by our country in the past caused tremendous suffering and damage to the peoples of Asian countries, including the Republic of Korea (ROK) and China, and have followed the path of a pacifist state with remorse and determination that such acts must never be repeated. Japan has recognized, in the Japan-ROK Joint Communique, of 1965, that the 'past relations are regrettable, and Japan feels deep remorse,' and in the Japan-China Joint Communique, that Japan is 'keenly conscious of the responsibility for the serious damage that Japan caused in the past to the Chinese people through war and deeply reproaches itself.' These statements confirm Japan's remorse and determination which I stated above and this recognition has not changed at all to this day. 2. This spirit in the Japan-ROK Joint Communique, and the Japan-China Joint Communique, naturally should also be respected in Japan's school education and textbook authorization.

September 6, 1984: Emperor Hirohito said to President Chun Doo Hwan: "It is indeed regrettable that there was an unfortunate past between us for a period in this century and I believe that it should not be repeated again." (Meeting with President Chun Doo Hwan.)[10]

September 7, 1984: Prime Minister Yasuhiro Nakasone said: "There was a period in this century when Japan brought to bear great sufferings upon your country and its people. I would like to state here that the government and people of Japan feel a deep regret for this error."[11]

October 23, 1985: Prime Minister Yasuhiro Nakasone, in a speech to the United Nations, said: "On June 6, 1945, when the UN Charter was signed in San Francisco, Japan was still fighting a senseless war with 40 nations. Since the end of the war, Japan has profoundly regretted the unleashing of rampant ultra nationalism and militarism and the war that brought great devastation to the people of many countries around the world and to our country as well" (Speech to the United Nations).

1989: Prime Minister Takeshita Noboru, in a speech in the Japanese Diet, said: "As we have made clear previously at repeated opportunities, the Japanese government and the Japanese people are deeply conscious of the fact that the actions of our country in the past caused suffering and loss to many people in neighboring countries. Starting from our regret and resolve not to repeat such things a second time, we have followed a course as a "Peace Nation" since then. This awareness and regret should be emphasized especially in the relationship between our countries and the Korean Peninsula, our nearest neighbors both geographically and historically. At this opportunity as we face a new situation in the Korean Peninsula, again, to all peoples of the globe, concerning the relationship of the past, we want to express our deep regret and sorrow" (Speech in the Japanese Diet).

Anonymous

There were even more apologies in the 90's, 2000's and 2010's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_war_apology_statements_issued_by_Japan">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_w ... d_by_Japan">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_war_apology_statements_issued_by_Japan

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"EVERYBODY did bad things in the past.  We can keep apologizing and apologizing, but what good does it do?  None of us were alive and active in these things when they happened!

Germany did apologized but Japan never did, instead they keep on paying their respect to the shrine filled with buried class A war criminals.  Not to mention German soldiers never did anything atrocious to Ally forces.

">

Unit 731 is not widely known in the West. What happened there would have made Josef Mengele blush.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "seoulbro"Unit 731 is not widely known in the West. What happened there would have made Josef Mengele blush.

I knew about, but not until just a couple of years ago.  It was kept swept under the rug quite well.  And you're right...  They were no better than Mengele.

Wazzzup

I really hate the guilt for the past stuff.  why should anyone feel sorry for things that were done before they were born and had no part of or say in.  makes no sense to me at all.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"I really hate the guilt for the past stuff.  why should anyone feel sorry for things that were done before they were born and had no part of or say in.  makes no sense to me at all.

Nobody should be shamed for anything that happened long before they were born. That's hanging a boulder around someone's neck as soon as they are born.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Wazzzup"I really hate the guilt for the past stuff.  why should anyone feel sorry for things that were done before they were born and had no part of or say in.  makes no sense to me at all.

Take Canadian Native Indians for instance...  Without all the 'white guilt,' they may be in a lesser position to demand all the free handouts and benefits they get.  Would you want that gravy train to stop if you were them?

Just one example!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"

Take Canadian Native Indians for instance...  Without all the 'white guilt,' they may be in a lesser position to demand all the free handouts and benefits they get.  Would you want that gravy train to stop if you were them?

Just one example!

A lot of whites are making money off of the Indian industry too.

Chuck Bronson

Lawyers.  Just look how many Provincial and Federal cases are going through Supreme courts related to Indian matters.  Lawyers literally have full-time employment for life on these cases alone.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Herman"

Yes, they did, but the Koreas and China won't accept it. South East Asian countries have though and moved on.

1950s

1957: Prime Minister Kishi Nobusuke said to the people of Burma: "We view with deep regret the vexation we caused to the people of Burma in the war just passed. In a desire to atone, if only partially, for the pain suffered, Japan is prepared to meet fully and with goodwill its obligations for war reparations. The Japan of today is not the Japan of the past, but, as its Constitution indicates, is a peace-loving nation."[6]

1957: Prime Minister Kishi Nobusuke said to the people of Australia: "It is my official duty, and my personal desire, to express to you and through you to the people of Australia, our heartfelt sorrow for what occurred in the war."[7]

1960s

June 22, 1965: Minister of Foreign Affairs Shiina Etsusaburo said to the people of South Korea: "In our two countries' long history there have been unfortunate times, it is truly regrettable and we are deeply remorseful" (Signing of the Treaty on Basic Relations between Japan and South Korea).

1970s

September 29, 1972: Prime Minister Kakuei Tanaka said to the people of the People's Republic of China: "The Japanese side is keenly conscious of the responsibility for the serious damage that Japan caused in the past to the Chinese people through war, and deeply reproaches itself. Further, the Japanese side reaffirms its position that it intends to realize the normalization of relations between the two countries from the stand of fully understanding 'the three principles for the restoration of relations' put forward by the Government of the People's Republic of China. The Chinese side expresses its welcome for this" (Joint Communique of the Government of Japan and the Government of the People's Republic of China).[8]

1980s

August 24, 1982: Prime Minister Zenkō Suzuki said: "I am painfully aware of Japan's responsibility for inflicting serious damages [on Asian nations] during the past war." "We need to recognize that there are criticisms that condemn [Japan's occupation] as invasion" (Press Conference on the textbook controversy).[9]

August 26, 1982: Chief Cabinet Secretary Kiichi Miyazawa said to the people of the Republic of Korea: "1. The Japanese Government and the Japanese people are deeply aware of the fact that acts by our country in the past caused tremendous suffering and damage to the peoples of Asian countries, including the Republic of Korea (ROK) and China, and have followed the path of a pacifist state with remorse and determination that such acts must never be repeated. Japan has recognized, in the Japan-ROK Joint Communique, of 1965, that the 'past relations are regrettable, and Japan feels deep remorse,' and in the Japan-China Joint Communique, that Japan is 'keenly conscious of the responsibility for the serious damage that Japan caused in the past to the Chinese people through war and deeply reproaches itself.' These statements confirm Japan's remorse and determination which I stated above and this recognition has not changed at all to this day. 2. This spirit in the Japan-ROK Joint Communique, and the Japan-China Joint Communique, naturally should also be respected in Japan's school education and textbook authorization.

September 6, 1984: Emperor Hirohito said to President Chun Doo Hwan: "It is indeed regrettable that there was an unfortunate past between us for a period in this century and I believe that it should not be repeated again." (Meeting with President Chun Doo Hwan.)[10]

September 7, 1984: Prime Minister Yasuhiro Nakasone said: "There was a period in this century when Japan brought to bear great sufferings upon your country and its people. I would like to state here that the government and people of Japan feel a deep regret for this error."[11]

October 23, 1985: Prime Minister Yasuhiro Nakasone, in a speech to the United Nations, said: "On June 6, 1945, when the UN Charter was signed in San Francisco, Japan was still fighting a senseless war with 40 nations. Since the end of the war, Japan has profoundly regretted the unleashing of rampant ultra nationalism and militarism and the war that brought great devastation to the people of many countries around the world and to our country as well" (Speech to the United Nations).

1989: Prime Minister Takeshita Noboru, in a speech in the Japanese Diet, said: "As we have made clear previously at repeated opportunities, the Japanese government and the Japanese people are deeply conscious of the fact that the actions of our country in the past caused suffering and loss to many people in neighboring countries. Starting from our regret and resolve not to repeat such things a second time, we have followed a course as a "Peace Nation" since then. This awareness and regret should be emphasized especially in the relationship between our countries and the Korean Peninsula, our nearest neighbors both geographically and historically. At this opportunity as we face a new situation in the Korean Peninsula, again, to all peoples of the globe, concerning the relationship of the past, we want to express our deep regret and sorrow" (Speech in the Japanese Diet).

But what everyone wants from Japan is an "official" apology from their government for committing one of the greatest, if not the greatest atrocity in mankind has ever did, yet they can't for some reason.  Meanwhile after saying they feel bad and sorry you know it's sloppy and don't mean it b/c they just go back to worshipping and paying respects to those dead war criminals at the shrime, or the Senkaku island they stole from Taiwan and claim it there own due to the same reasons why they started WWII, b/c of resources they needed.  But then I don't really care anymore, knowing the true problems of Chinese people I'm more fed up with Chinese than Japanese war crimes in this past 12 years.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

1950s

1960s

1970s

1980s

But what everyone wants from Japan is an "official" apology from their government for committing one of the greatest, if not the greatest atrocity in mankind has ever did, yet they can't for some reason.  Meanwhile after saying they feel bad and sorry you know it's sloppy and don't mean it b/c they just go back to worshipping and paying respects to those dead war criminals at the shrime, or the Senkaku island they stole from Taiwan and claim it there own due to the same reasons why they started WWII, b/c of resources they needed.  But then I don't really care anymore, knowing the true problems of Chinese people I'm more fed up with Chinese than Japanese war crimes in this past 12 years.

Click on that link. Lots of official apologies. North and South Korea plus China won't accept it though. South East Asian countries have.

Anonymous

Korea and China would be a lot more receptive to Japan's apologies if they would stop white washing their history.

Zetsu

1950s

1960s

1970s

1980s

Click on that link. Lots of official apologies. North and South Korea plus China won't accept it though. South East Asian countries have.

But you know it doesn't mean anything when they keep on worshipping their dead war criminals and won't give back Senkaku islands to China, nor did they ever really compensate China except lending them some money with interests rates, and still haven't criminalize their WWII imperial flag, etc.

What they're doing is like allowing Germans to walk around in Nazi uniforms in Germany, waiving nazi flags and paying yearly respects to Hitler and wish him well in the after life.  While paying nothing to European and the US for the devastating damage they have done to the Ally forces except lend them money they have to pay back with interests.  And to add insult worst imagine if Germany discover an island next to UK with natural resources, and they took over it claiming it their own like the Senkakus.

This is what Japan's government is currently doing and allowing, for SEAs it's not surprising why they don't care and let it go, simply they don't have the civilization to record the war crimes and need Chinese and other White ppl to tell them, or they just want Japan to invest in their country.

Zetsu

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"EVERYBODY did bad things in the past.  We can keep apologizing and apologizing, but what good does it do?  None of us were alive and active in these things when they happened!

Germany did apologized but Japan never did, instead they keep on paying their respect to the shrine filled with buried class A war criminals.  Not to mention German soldiers never did anything atrocious to Ally forces.

">

Unit 731 is not widely known in the West. What happened there would have made Josef Mengele blush.

Unit 731 was what made me dislike Japan 15 years ago, but as time passes I just don't have the fuel to care anymore, meanwhile there's more problems in Canada that need fixing instead of pointing my fingers at Japan, plus I'll be honest, I've been taken over by their anime and their super models, lol.

Anonymous

But you know it doesn't mean anything when they keep on worshipping their dead war criminals and won't give back Senkaku islands to China, nor did they ever really compensate China except lending them some money with interests rates, and still haven't criminalize their WWII imperial flag, etc.

What they're doing is like allowing Germans to walk around in Nazi uniforms in Germany, waiving nazi flags and paying yearly respects to Hitler and wish him well in the after life.  While paying nothing to European and the US for the devastating damage they have done to the Ally forces except lend them money they have to pay back with interests.  And to add insult worst imagine if Germany discover an island next to UK with natural resources, and they took over it claiming it their own like the Senkakus.

This is what Japan's government is currently doing and allowing, for SEAs it's not surprising why they don't care and let it go, simply they don't have the civilization to record the war crimes and need Chinese and other White ppl to tell them, or they just want Japan to invest in their country.

I think part of the reason was that four countries controlled Germany after  world war 2 while only one controlled Japan post world war 2.