Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Fash, Taiwan wants me to visit...

Started by Chuck Bronson, September 03, 2018, 04:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"It's odd that the US makes a fuss of China's creation of islands in the South China sea, whilst it maintains a de facto military base just off China's coast.

Not Taiwan. No foreign troops there. Or do you mean Okinawa and Korea?
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "Bricktop"It's odd that the US makes a fuss of China's creation of islands in the South China sea, whilst it maintains a de facto military base just off China's coast.

The last American troops left Taiwan in 1979.

Odinson

Was there a rape epidemic in Taiwan while the american troops were there?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"Was there a rape epidemic in Taiwan while the american troops were there?

If there was, I never read about it.

Bricktop

No.

I mean Taiwan.

You don't need to station troops if you supply the current existing military with your top shelf hardware, with a commitment to provide immediate aid if they are attacked.

How would the US respond if Russia provided Cuba with it's most modern military equipment to the extent that Cuba became a Russian military base?

The last time Russia tried that, the world was within hours of a nuclear showdown.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

No.

I mean Taiwan.

You don't need to station troops if you supply the current existing military with your top shelf hardware, with a commitment to provide immediate aid if they are attacked.

How would the US respond if Russia provided Cuba with it's most modern military equipment to the extent that Cuba became a Russian military base?

The last time Russia tried that, the world was within hours of a nuclear showdown.

Taiwan used to be the government of all of China until resolution 2758 of the UN in 1971..

The USA had relations with Taiwan until 1979..

The USA doesn't want to annex Cuba by force, but China has 1500 missiles aimed at Taiwan if we make our de facto independence de jure.

Bricktop

The US has vital strategic interests invested in Taiwan. Keeping it safe is consistent with the policy of keeping an eye on China.

If China attacked Taiwan, the US would consider it an attack on US "interests", and respond accordingly.

We should not forget that Chine may have 1500 missiles aimed against Taiwan, but the US has thousands aimed at China.

Gaon

Quote from: "Fashionista"

No.

I mean Taiwan.

Taiwan used to be the government of all of China until resolution 2758 of the UN in 1971..

The USA doesn't want to annex Cuba by force, but China has 1500 missiles aimed at Taiwan if we make our de facto independence de jure.

If China would swear off ever annexing Taiwan by force, than arms purchases from Washington would not be necessary.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

No.

I mean Taiwan.

If China would swear off ever annexing Taiwan by force, than arms purchases from Washington would not be necessary.

That will never happen.

Berry Sweet

Reading this makes my head hurt.  So much fuckery in the world.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Reading this makes my head hurt.  So much fuckery in the world.

There is no other place in the world like Taiwan..

It can't be a full participating member of the global community because of China's bullying.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Reading this makes my head hurt.  So much fuckery in the world.

It can't be a full participating member of the global community because of China's bullying.

The UN allows dysfunctional rogue regimes in, but not peaceful prosperous Taiwan. :crazy:

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

The UN allows dysfunctional rogue regimes in, but not peaceful prosperous Taiwan. :crazy:

China loves us, but they will deztroy us if we leave them.

Thiel

Back to Taiwan, I would like to visit there again. Taroko National Park would be on the to do list.
gay, conservative and proud

Anonymous

Quote from: "Thiel"Back to Taiwan, I would like to visit there again. Taroko National Park would be on the to do list.

And a terrific holiday that would be..

I'm getting a little homesick.