The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Fash, Taiwan wants me to visit...

Started by Chuck Bronson, September 03, 2018, 04:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Thiel"Back to Taiwan, I would like to visit there again. Taroko National Park would be on the to do list.

And a terrific holiday that would be..

I'm getting a little homesick.

Bricktop

Thiel

Quote from: "Bricktop"Time for a holiday!!

I travel regularly for work, but I rarely travel for fun. Taiwan was a fun side holiday.
gay, conservative and proud

Bricktop

Thiel

Quote from: "Bricktop"Pics?

Of Taiwan? Probably saved on one of my devices.
gay, conservative and proud

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Time for a holiday!!

It's time to go home for a visit.

Bricktop

We're going back to the UK next year.

Vancouver

Quote from: "cc"Depends on who you are talking to
Like the stubborn Hong Kong-ers who like to think that they are not part of China.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"
Quote from: "cc"Depends on who you are talking to
Like the stubborn Hong Kong-ers who like to think that they are not part of China.

That's different from Taiwan though. Britain handed HK back to China in 97. HK seems to be pissed off that China has been eroding freedoms that were guaranteed in the Basic Law.

What China should have done with HK was a partial retrocession of sovereignty. Let Britain maintain the economy, the political system and legal system, with no military control. The PLA could have maintained that.

Anonymous

Taiwanese are not interested in surrendering their independence under some phony one country two systems scheme..

The people of Hong Kong, had no choice, Britain sold them out..

Taiwanese do have a choice whether we want to be absorbed by communist China or not.....and they choose to be independent and free.

Anonymous

Didn't China promise the people of HK they could elect their Chief Executive by now? What happened there?

Anonymous

I understand China demandung loyalty from Hong Kongers, but they aint going to do it by force. The carrot works better than the stick.

Edit, I really do not give a shit what laws China imposes on Hong Kong.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"I understand China demandung loyalty from Hong Kongers, but they aint going to do it by force. The carrot works better than the stick.

Edit, I really do not give a shit what laws China imposes on Hong Kong.

I feel bad that the people of Hong Kong are not being consulted or their consent sought, but governments in Canada don't always get our consent before making major decisions that affect all our lives.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"Britain sold them out..

Britain abided by the rule of law in keeping to the terms of an agreement to govern Hong Kong until 1997.

Britain attempted to negotiate a new agreement to maintain their role, but China, understandably, would have none of it.

Would Britain entertain the idea of a Chinese colony on the Isle of Wight?