Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

We had a visitor this morning

Started by Bricktop, September 22, 2018, 08:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

They seem to be evolving. The metropolitan roos and wallabies don't seem to get themselves hit by vehicles like years ago. They hold their ground and don't budge from their roadside or centre of the road foraging, unless some a-hole motorist hits the horn and they panic.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

The fact that hitting a roo causes thousands of dollars damage to one's motor vehicle also encourages motorists to slow down and evade where possible.

They're a solid beast.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"The fact that hitting a roo causes thousands of dollars damage to one's motor vehicle also encourages motorists to slow down and evade where possible.

They're a solid beast.

Just like deer.

Bricktop

I guess so, seeing photos of what deer can do to a car.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I guess so, seeing photos of what deer can do to a car.

I know at least ten people who have had vehicles destroyed when they hit a deer on a highway..

An elk or moose can kill the driver and passengers of a car on impact with one of those massive animals.

caskur

I drove in my state for 9 hours on my way to a place called Munglinup...There is this very nasty stretch of road that is dead straight for a hundred miles and your foot gets heavier and heavier...it's horrible. It's called The LakeGrace-Newdegate Road. This was back in the mid-late 80s somewhere. The was the biggest dead boomer I'd ever seen on the side of the road. He must have been a decent 7' tall living... massive broad shoulders. I was really upset seeing that. Poor thing, to have lived for so long only to end up road kill.

For the non Australians here, a Boomer is an adult male kangaroo.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"I drove in my state for 9 hours on my way to a place called Munglinup...There is this very nasty stretch of road that is dead straight for a hundred miles and your foot gets heavier and heavier...it's horrible. It's called The LakeGrace-Newdegate Road. This was back in the mid-late 80s somewhere. The was the biggest dead boomer I'd ever seen on the side of the road. He must have been a decent 7' tall living... massive broad shoulders. I was really upset seeing that. Poor thing, to have lived for so long only to end up road kill.

I didn't know that.

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "caskur"I drove in my state for 9 hours on my way to a place called Munglinup...There is this very nasty stretch of road that is dead straight for a hundred miles and your foot gets heavier and heavier...it's horrible. It's called The LakeGrace-Newdegate Road. This was back in the mid-late 80s somewhere. The was the biggest dead boomer I'd ever seen on the side of the road. He must have been a decent 7' tall living... massive broad shoulders. I was really upset seeing that. Poor thing, to have lived for so long only to end up road kill.

I didn't know that.

OMG, haven't you heard about the 6 White Boomers Fash?

">
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Vancouver

Quote from: "caskur"

I didn't know that.

">

They play this song on 103.5fm every December. Instead of reindeers, Santa use old man kangaroos called boomers.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

I didn't know that.

">

No, I haven't.

Anonymous

I didn't know that.

">

:roll:

Print
User actions