Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 06:52:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Do you travel- vacation much?

Started by Superchecker, September 14, 2018, 08:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Zetsu"If I was the leader of those country I'd criminalize hard selling, it's really nothing but a nuisance to the tourists and a disgrace to their own ppl... I just cringe every time I see street market merchants in HK trying to put a watch or any of their products on a foreign customer despite how many times they politely refused.  ac_unsure

I believe the Indonesian authorities have cleaned up Bali a bit. Many Australians stay away from the place because of the swarms of hawkers everywhere you go.

It's sad...because if they don't sell, they don't eat...

Bali is rather unique in the area because of location and demographics.

Bricktop

Its a lovely place...ruined to some extent by tourist hordes.

Still, it supports the local economy, and Westerners can buy property there too.

cc

The fundy attack in  Kuta must have had a great effect  ... so many butchered and mostly tourists  ... many Aussies killed if I recall correctly
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

It slowed things down a bit...but things have rebounded nicely, and Australians still flock there.

Americans not so much.

It helped that the Indonesian government executed the mongrel dogs.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Its a lovely place...ruined to some extent by tourist hordes.

Still, it supports the local economy, and Westerners can buy property there too.

Do a lot of foreigners own property and businesses there?

Bricktop

Yes, especially in the mountain areas...multi million dollar homes in compounds owned by the rich and famous...Mick Jagger and Keith Richards both had homes there, as did David Bowie.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Yes, especially in the mountain areas...multi million dollar homes in compounds owned by the rich and famous...Mick Jagger and Keith Richards both had homes there, as did David Bowie.

Hmmm, I could understand if Balinese objected to that.

Bricktop

Brought in money. The Balinese could never afford what these guys paid for their land.

https://www.vilondo.com/bali-travel-guide/7-extraordinary-fully-staffed-bali-villas/">//https://www.vilondo.com/bali-travel-guide/7-extraordinary-fully-staffed-bali-villas/

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Brought in money. The Balinese could never afford what these guys paid for their land.

https://www.vilondo.com/bali-travel-guide/7-extraordinary-fully-staffed-bali-villas/">//https://www.vilondo.com/bali-travel-guide/7-extraordinary-fully-staffed-bali-villas/

But, most people who buy property are not buying anything that extravagant.

Bricktop

No. But the Indonesian government welcomes foreigners who buy up property.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"No. But the Indonesian government welcomes foreigners who buy up property.

I lived in Indonesia. Hell, I met the old lady there(she aint Indonesian). My understanding is that a foreigner must have an appropriate resident permit first before legally owning property.

Bricktop

I think you're correct.

But like all things in Indonesia...residency permit, drivers licence, building approval...all you have to do is grease the right wheel.

That place is as corrupt as most other SE nations.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I think you're correct.

But like all things in Indonesia...residency permit, drivers licence, building approval...all you have to do is grease the right wheel.

That place is as corrupt as most other SE nations.

Indonesia is one country in South East Asia I have no desire to ever visit.

Bricktop

Unfortunately, Bali is in Indonesia.

Nonetheless, I would not recommend other Indonesian places to visit. They are becoming more and more radical. And that's 250 MILLION potentially mad muslims on our doorstep.

Like all SE Asian countries, however, the average person is hospitable, friendly, helpful and funny.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Unfortunately, Bali is in Indonesia.

Nonetheless, I would not recommend other Indonesian places to visit. They are becoming more and more radical. And that's 250 MILLION potentially mad muslims on our doorstep.

Like all SE Asian countries, however, the average person is hospitable, friendly, helpful and funny.

Have you been to other places in Indonesia besides Bali?