News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Mayor criticized for shooting an alligator to death which she claims ate her pet

Started by JOE, September 20, 2018, 11:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

https://apple.news/AVfaNMoraRlqdZ2VkkH2RgA">https://apple.news/AVfaNMoraRlqdZ2VkkH2RgA

....did she do the right thing?

https://s.hdnux.com/photos/75/60/53/16190154/3/920x920.jpg">

Should she be attacked for having done so.

I'd be pretty mad if an alligator killed my favorite pet too.

And are alligators really worth saving?

Theyre not on an endangered list.

They're tremendously ugly, potentially dangerous plus they've attacked and killed people.

She should be given a medal imho.

Probably did her community a favor

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"https://apple.news/AVfaNMoraRlqdZ2VkkH2RgA">https://apple.news/AVfaNMoraRlqdZ2VkkH2RgA

....did she do the right thing?

Should she be attacked for having done so!

I'd be pretty mad if an alligator killed my favorite pet too.

And are alligators really worth savong?

Theyre not on an endangered lidt.

Theyre tremendously ugly, potentially dangerous plus theyve attacked and killed people.

She should be given a medal imho.

Probably did get community a favir

It was a miniature pony, not a cat that she thinks the alligator ate.

kiebers

Back when I was duck hunting in that lake there was a guy out swimming with his dog. One second the dog was there, the next he was gone. Besides she should be able to get a nice pair of boots, handbag, luggage or briefcase out of that monster. Lots of gators in the Lake Livingston area. In fact they are everywhere on the coast. I have seen them not far from my house in Galveston. I don't let the dogs swim in places like that. Nothing wrong with what she did, especially if she has young grand children running around. There is an alligator season here, so not illegal to take them.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Back when I was duck hunting in that lake there was a guy out swimming with his dog. One second the dog was there, the next he was gone. Besides she should be able to get a nice pair of boots, handbag, luggage or briefcase out of that monster. Lots of gators in the Lake Livingston area. In fact they are everywhere on the coast. I have seen them not far from my house in Galveston. I don't let the dogs swim in places like that. Nothing wrong with what she did, especially if she has young grand children running around. There is an alligator season here, so not illegal to take them.

I saw on Global Calgary news it's a short season though...about twenty days.

Bricktop

She may have done the right thing...that's for others to judge.

What she does NOT need to do is sit with the dead animal with a smug sense of triumph on her face. There's no valour in shooting an animal.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"She may have done the right thing...that's for others to judge.

What she does NOT need to do is sit with the dead animal with a smug sense of triumph on her face. There's no valour in shooting an animal.

Maybe she was paid to do that by the media.

Bricktop

You may be right. There's nothing an American wouldn't do for 5 bucks and their picture in the paper.

JOE

Quote from: "Bricktop"She may have done the right thing...that's for others to judge.

Yet I have come to disagree with you about people owning guns.

If its for self defense against assailants or dangerous animals, the a small handgun might save a life.

Not long ago 2 small boys were strangled to death in Canada by a python which escaped a pet shop into a suite where  the children lived.

Granny's gun might have saved them from agonizing and painful deaths.

A couple of gunshots through the snakes and two valuable human lives mightve been saved.

Bricktop

Yep.

Guarding against pythons really does justify everyone getting a gun.  Those damn reptiles get in anywhere.

And spiders!!! Don't get me started on spiders!!!

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

JOE

Quote from: "Bricktop"Yep.

Guarding against pythons really does justify everyone getting a gun.  Those damn reptiles get in anywhere.

Ah, but we're not talking about spiders BT.

And this isn't 1975 anymore when you were in the police force.

The civilized 1st world nations where we live have more violent characterss & more extreme situations now. It's a different much less peaceful world.

Know close BY where cc lives, which is a nice area near Vancouver, a realtor answered his door one night, and was shot to death by an intruder. A handgun and knowing how to use it might have saved his life.

Btw he left behind a wife and 2 children. The family lost a dad and the society lost a hardworking citizen who paid a lot of taxes and was a productive member of the community.

That's just one example. I have others too.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

caskur

Quote from: "JOE"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Yep.

Ah, but we're not talking about spiders BT.

And this isn't 1975 anymore when you were in the police force.

The civilized 1st world nations where we live have more violent characterss & more extreme situations now. It's a different much less peaceful world.

Know close BY where cc lives, which is a nice area near Vancouver, a realtor answered his door one night, and was shot to death by an intruder. A handgun and knowing how to use it might have saved his life.

Btw he left behind a wife and 2 children. The family lost a dad and the society lost a hardworking citizen who paid a lot of taxes and was a productive member of the community.

That's just one example. I have others too.

Different world because there are far more druggies running amok.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Spiders don't hurt you, you wimps.

They're bird food... birds just swallow those suckers down.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol