The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Movies you DON'T want to see.

Started by Bricktop, October 11, 2018, 11:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Why would it be any different to the same stories from HUNDREDS of different artists???

It's the same story, with different characters. It's easily accessed via Wikipedia, with, I suggest, considerably greater accuracy than a movie would possess.

"In 1968, guitarist Brian May, a student at London's Imperial College, and bassist Tim Staffell decided to form a band. May placed an advertisement on a college notice board for a "Mitch Mitchell/Ginger Baker type" drummer; Roger Taylor, a young dental student, auditioned and got the job. The group called themselves Smile.[1]

While attending Ealing Art College, Tim Staffell became friends with Farrokh Bulsara, a fellow student who had assumed the English name of Freddie. Bulsara felt that he and the band had the same tastes and soon became a keen fan of Smile. In 1970, after Staffell left to join the band Humpy Bong, the remaining Smile members, encouraged by Bulsara, changed their name to "Queen" and performed their first gig on 18 July."

I'm not seeing any rivetting drama here, other than the usual spats, fallouts and disagreement one would typically see in ANY group of 20 year old males.

Certainly not enough to want me to part with my hard earned ready to watch a dramatised and probably deceptive movie.

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"They regurgitate the same story lines...the same indefatigable evil villain seeking to rule the world/country/plant/cosmos with tyranny, the same clutching of victory from the jaws of almost certain obliteration by rising from the almost dead...yawn...

Except now they're revisiting classics by replacing the characters with LGBT and opposing gender characters in order to fight toxic white male masculinity.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Why would it be any different to the same stories from HUNDREDS of different artists???

It's the same story, with different characters. It's easily accessed via Wikipedia, with, I suggest, considerably greater accuracy than a movie would possess.

"In 1968, guitarist Brian May, a student at London's Imperial College, and bassist Tim Staffell decided to form a band. May placed an advertisement on a college notice board for a "Mitch Mitchell/Ginger Baker type" drummer; Roger Taylor, a young dental student, auditioned and got the job. The group called themselves Smile.[1]

While attending Ealing Art College, Tim Staffell became friends with Farrokh Bulsara, a fellow student who had assumed the English name of Freddie. Bulsara felt that he and the band had the same tastes and soon became a keen fan of Smile. In 1970, after Staffell left to join the band Humpy Bong, the remaining Smile members, encouraged by Bulsara, changed their name to "Queen" and performed their first gig on 18 July."

I'm not seeing any rivetting drama here, other than the usual spats, fallouts and disagreement one would typically see in ANY group of 20 year old males.

Certainly not enough to want me to part with my hard earned ready to watch a dramatised and probably deceptive movie.

A book us usually better than the movie.

Bricktop

And frequently as dramatised, "coloured" and inaccurate as the movies.

What is it about people that they need to know how others live their lives? Not only need to know, but are prepared to PAY for that distorted variation. My cousin wrote a book about his celebrity life. I still haven't read it...but I guess the reason would be obvious.

Erica Mena

I heard Freddy slept with Mick Jagger. That's where my interest started
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Kylie Jenner"I heard Freddy slept with Mick Jagger. That's where my interest started

Mick Jagger is secretly gay????

ac_wot

Bricktop

And from MARS, too.

I read it in a magazine.