Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Movies you DON'T want to see.

Started by Bricktop, October 11, 2018, 11:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

"First Man".

">

Going by the trailer, it's a trashy over-dramatisation of the first (alleged, right Blaze?) moon landing. Even the trailer makes me cringe. Hollywood at it's finest...dramatising and glorifying the mundane to make Americans "proud".

"Rocket Man".

">

Just so I don't only bash American self glorification, this is a bio of Elton John, a petulant, banal and uninspiring musician at best. Why a studio would think half smart people will pay money to watch an interpretation of the life of a tubby, bald, gay piano player defies me.

Both trailers signify that these grossly distorted and melodramatic steamers are aimed at the same people that read Who weekly and watch the ET channel.

Anonymous

Bricktop

It's interesting that they waited until Neil Armstrong had passed away before churning out a junk movie about him.

Zetsu

I can't think of much atm, but I'd stay away from any movies that originated from a video game or vice versa,  usually they turn out pretty crap, lol.
Permanently off his rocker

Bricktop

True.

In fact, most if not all of recent movies are utter garbage. The "superhero" genre simply follows the same formula and even the same scripts.

Animated movies are ghastly, moralising and banal at best.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Bricktop"True.

In fact, most if not all of recent movies are utter garbage. The "superhero" genre simply follows the same formula and even the same scripts.

Animated movies are ghastly, moralising and banal at best.

Tbh I dun really ever get those either, I mean how can someone, especially just one guy with just a bit of super powers save the whole world.  I mean common, it might convince the kids, but seriously I can't believe even adults are falling for these kind of flicks.  I wouldn't mind superhero movies if their powers weren't so lame, had a better plot and at least focus on some psychological challenges on the main character, simply movies these days most of them give a impression little to no research was ever done.
Permanently off his rocker

Bricktop

They regurgitate the same story lines...the same indefatigable evil villain seeking to rule the world/country/plant/cosmos with tyranny, the same clutching of victory from the jaws of almost certain obliteration by rising from the almost dead...yawn...

Anonymous

Only movie I can think of is Saving Christmas..

It's a Christian film starring Kirk Cameron..

It was terrible.

Berry Sweet

I like Ryan Gosling.  Hes Canadian too! I remember watching him on Breaker High years ago.

Erica Mena

Movie I do want to see - Bohemian Rhapsody

I love Queen. Freddy Mercury always fascinated me
<t></t>

Anonymous

I have seen my share of bad movies. None stand out at the moment.

Bricktop

">

Another steaming pile of "based on a true story" bollocks. Who CARES what these people are like? They are paid to play. What goes on behind the scenes and in their private lives is utterly irrelevant.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
">

Another steaming pile of "based on a true story" bollocks. Who CARES what these people are like? They are paid to play. What goes on behind the scenes and in their private lives is utterly irrelevant.
I work with locomotive engineers and freight conductors who want to see that.

Bricktop

I like Queen's music. They were a great band, and Freddie's demise saddened me as much as millions of others. He was a true superstar.

But why would I want to see a movie about him offstage? Because he can sing, his life is more interesting than the rest of us?

Fuck no. People with handicapped children, terminal cancer, or chronic poverty have lives more worthy of interest than a guy that can sing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I like Queen's music. They were a great band, and Freddie's demise saddened me as much as millions of others. He was a true superstar.

But why would I want to see a movie about him offstage? Because he can sing, his life is more interesting than the rest of us?

Fuck no. People with handicapped children, terminal cancer, or chronic poverty have lives more worthy of interest than a guy that can sing.

The story of their rise to fame would be interesting.

Print
User actions