Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Has anyone ever served in the military?

Started by Gaon, January 01, 2019, 08:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@realAzhyaAryola

At that time when I inquired, that is what I was told.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Odinson

You know why most women want to join the military..

There are a lot of lonely men in there..

Females are scarce.. You get to be the queen.

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Odinson

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"That was not my motivation.

Why did you want to join the military?

@realAzhyaAryola

I took a personality test years ago that revealed that the military was a good place for me to be based on my interests. Being in the military does not mean you will only be sent to the front lines. Not at all. You could be in the IT section, you could be in administration, etcetera.
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

I wanted to be part of the service or agency whose sole focus is the development of security, defense, and advanced technologies. This is why I wanted to work for Lockheed Martin or Northrup Grumman but instead I found an opportunity in another part of the government.
@realAzhyaAryola

Bricktop

Quote from: "feral"
Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Bricktop"It's the allure of the gun...

Traffic cops sitting in the office taking calls...are allowed to have guns? ac_umm

Traffic cops don't sit in offices. The clue is in the name.

All operational police officers carry a firearm when on duty in public areas.

I would think traffic police are rarely in offices.

Traffic police can be in the office.

Never assume without knowing all the details.

30 years in the Police Force.

I think I know the details.

So?

When did you retire...times have changed.

When did you serve in the Police Force to know what has changed and what stays the same?

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"At that time when I inquired, that is what I was told.

I thought the cut off for joining the military would have been about twenty six.

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I am telling you what I know.

I believe you Azhya, I'm just surprised.

@realAzhyaAryola

Sigh. I am not an encyclopedia but this is what the internet has:

"The maximum age for Army enlisted recruits is 35, while the Navy and Marines cap recruit ages at 34 and 28, respectively. Under federal law, the oldest recruit any military branch can enlist is 42, although each service sets its own policy within that limit.Jun 25, 2014"
@realAzhyaAryola

Gaon

In Israel, the age limit is unofficially 35. Every man under the age of 25 is drafted for 3 years service and reserve duty later. Between the age of 25 and 35, a man is required for minimal draft service and reserve duty afterwards.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

I doubt I'd get a job in any army.

Here's me at my final posting...

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.WwxYcYAH8yc_iQ4UQz28swAAAA%26pid%3D15.1&f=1">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I doubt I'd get a job in any army.

Here's me at my final posting...

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.WwxYcYAH8yc_iQ4UQz28swAAAA%26pid%3D15.1&f=1">

:laugh: