Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Has anyone ever served in the military?

Started by Gaon, January 01, 2019, 08:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"One of the ladies in my circle only like military guys. Her first husband was in the military. Then they divorced. Since then, she dated only military guys. Her second husband now is also military.

There are some women who like a man in uniform.

@realAzhyaAryola

I was mistaken. I had this idea that Canadian military was on a par with the USA military might. I just realized that it isn't. Canadian military is only a fraction of the American military. Yikes. What happens if Canada and USA break ties and a country that has a powerful military want to attack Canada? I guess Canada is toast when that happens.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Odinson

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I was mistaken. I had this idea that Canadian military was on a par with the USA military might. I just realized that it isn't. Canadian military is only a fraction of the American military. Yikes. What happens if Canada and USA break ties and a country that has a powerful military want to attack Canada? I guess Canada is toast when that happens.

Canadian military is outgunned, outmanned and technologically inferior..

USA has the biggest navy and the biggest airforce... And the equiptment are all state-of-the-art..

The 2nd biggest airforce on the planet is the US naval airforce.

If we use China as an example..

China has only 1 aircraft carrier and it is an old soviet diesel rust-bucket..

USA has 10+ Nimitz-class nuclear-powered supercarriers... And thats only the supercarriers..

They have other carriers as well.

Odinson

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"One of the ladies in my circle only like military guys. Her first husband was in the military. Then they divorced. Since then, she dated only military guys. Her second husband now is also military.

There are some women who like a man in uniform.

And by some you mean all of them..

Women like warriors.

Be that a soldier, a biker or a ghetto gangbanger.

@realAzhyaAryola

Not I. I steer clear. The only warriors I like are my ice warriors. My hockey team.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Odinson

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Not I. I steer clear. The only warriors I like are my ice warriors. My hockey team.

Athletes are kinda like warriors but their actions dont need a "viewer discretion is advised" sign..

Ice hockey players, NFL players, boxers, UFC fighters all defeat their enemies in combat..

They all get a lot of ladies..

Curling players dont get any ladies... Even though they have money..

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Not I. I steer clear. The only warriors I like are my ice warriors. My hockey team.

Athletes are kinda like warriors but their actions dont need a "viewer discretion is advised" sign..

Ice hockey players, NFL players, boxers, UFC fighters all defeat their enemies in combat..

They do?

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"

They do?

Its a gentlemans sport...

You do it out of love for the game, not the paycheck..

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I was mistaken. I had this idea that Canadian military was on a par with the USA military might. I just realized that it isn't. Canadian military is only a fraction of the American military. Yikes. What happens if Canada and USA break ties and a country that has a powerful military want to attack Canada? I guess Canada is toast when that happens.

USA has the biggest navy and the biggest airforce... And the equiptment are all state-of-the-art..

USA has 10+ Nimitz-class nuclear-powered supercarriers... And thats only the supercarriers..

Not seeking to dispute this in general, but I do recall seeing a couple of years ago the list of the Top Ten military snipers of recent history, and I was surprised to see how well Canada was represented on that list.

When I looked into it, it became quite clear that Canadian snipers are as well trained, and actually better equipped, than Yank snipers.  It's true that at least one of their sniper weapons is US made, but the US military has not bought it.

Bricktop

Canadians like to hunt.

Perhaps that explains it.

By the way, I call bullshit on the current record...    JTF-2 sniper (name withheld)    May 2017    3,540 m. You cannot SEE a target at that distance. Either it was a fluke shot, or the method of measurement was incorrect.

It takes 10 seconds for the bullet to travel that far. That means the target was perfectly stationery for that period of time.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/04sniper.jpg?w=960">

Odinson

Quote from: "Peaches"

Not seeking to dispute this in general, but I do recall seeing a couple of years ago the list of the Top Ten military snipers of recent history, and I was surprised to see how well Canada was represented on that list.

When I looked into it, it became quite clear that Canadian snipers are as well trained, and actually better equipped, than Yank snipers.  It's true that at least one of their sniper weapons is US made, but the US military has not bought it.

Considering the size of their military, they are well funded.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Canadians like to hunt.

By the way, I call bullshit on the current record...    JTF-2 sniper (name withheld)    May 2017    3,540 m. You cannot SEE a target at that distance. Either it was a fluke shot, or the method of measurement was incorrect.

It takes 10 seconds for the bullet to travel that far. That means the target was perfectly stationery for that period of time.

These are interesting records, but do they really matter?

A third world country could have good marksmen, but be poorly equipped for modern warfare.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Canadians like to hunt.

These are interesting records, but do they really matter?

A third world country could have good marksmen, but be poorly equipped for modern warfare.

Snipers are a terror weapon..

Those ISIS leaders are never safe and they know it..

They´ll slowly descend to insanity.

Some guys are just born with the gift..

But the army still makes you better.. They have tech for honing your skills.

3rd world snipers are not as good even if they are the best they have to offer.

Anonymous

Who cares about ISIS. Defeat it and something will replace it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"Who cares about ISIS. Defeat it and something will replace it.

Whack-a-mole