Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Women are making a mess of it.

Started by Bricktop, January 08, 2019, 07:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caskur

There are definite divides between talents of male and females but certain people stick out and are exceptions to the rule.

I always watch those serial killer shows, and that Rose West in the UK... holy shit, diabolical sub-human... Catherine Birnie... UGH. I married Kurt in 1984. The Birnies lived in the suburb I moved into... I had a shooting across the road and a pair of serial killers on the other end of my new suburb... I thought, "what have I married into?"  within the first two years, a guy in my street murdered a neo-Nazi and buried him in a backyard. I only remember his nickname, "Frog".. he was an OK kid, I used to say hello to him when I was watering the front lawn.

Then you'll get mothers like me... I would definitely kill to protect my children... no hesitation whatsoever and not ashamed to admit it.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

As far as single mothers go... There were PLENTY of single mothers after the two world wars... and guess what, we're all (man-unkind) still alive.

My mum had 4 children, 4 years old and under, (me being the 4 year oldest) when my father went missing at sea... she remarried 8 years later and had two more children,... She died last year at 77 3/4... a great grandmother of 9.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

Most mothers are protective, and then there are those at either end of the bell curve...either indifferent to their children, or over protective and fail to discipline. That's why fathers are important to the development of children. They show that bad deeds have consequences.

I do believe that too many men abandon their responsibilities...especially, it seems, in the African American communities.

Making men pay maintenance is not enough. Men must be made to accept responsibility in raising the child.

Bricktop

Quote from: "caskur"As far as single mothers go... There were PLENTY of single mothers after the two world wars... and guess what, we're all still alive.

My mum had 4 children, 4 years old and under, (me being the 4 year oldest) when my father went missing at sea... she remarried 8 years later and had two more children,... She died last year at 77 3/4... a great grandmother of 9.

I draw a distinction between mothers who breed without thought and consideration for the children, and widows left with children to raise due to tragic circumstances.

In my years as a cop, it was rare to have to deal with children of widows as delinquents. I suspect that other family members step up to support the mother and help carry the load.

But the children of single parents...mostly women...they are a different nightmare. Particularly when they outsize the mother.

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"Most mothers are protective, and then there are those at either end of the bell curve...either indifferent to their children, or over protective and fail to discipline. That's why fathers are important to the development of children. They show that bad deeds have consequences.

I do believe that too many men abandon their responsibilities...especially, it seems, in the African American communities.

Making men pay maintenance is not enough. Men must be made to accept responsibility in raising the child.

My mother gave us kids beltings... Kurt, my husband's Austrian father was an physical assaulter and used to belt Kurt up...

I believe in smacking little kids if they do something dangerous, but my husband does not because he was physically abused as a child...

But my sister was one of those mums that didn't believe in physical punishment and now she's paying the consequences.
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

Everything in moderation...and every kid deserves justice. Justice means compassion and understanding. A parent who uses violence in lieu of those attributes should be charged with assault.

And men who abuse their children forget one crucial point; the day WILL come when those children will be bigger and stronger than you.

Payback is a bitch.

caskur

My 4 grandparents were heavily involved in our childhood... they were well off because they both ran businesses and I lived in an affluent area...

Kurt lived in state housing area... both his parents had professions, nursing and carpentry. Kurt's father was one of the 200 Austrians to come out to WA to build Austrian prefabs house for the poor. While here, the Austrian company went broke. Most of the men went back to Austria and some stayed to marry Ozzie girls. Kurt's father found it difficult in the early 50s to get work and was the victim of racism... He ended doing very well for himself eventually but died early of stomach cancer.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"Everything in moderation...and every kid deserves justice. Justice means compassion and understanding. A parent who uses violence in lieu of those attributes should be charged with assault.

And men who abuse their children forget one crucial point; the day WILL come when those children will be bigger and stronger than you.

Payback is a bitch.

Yep, Kurt's dad was 5' 9 or something... Kurt ended up 6' 3.

Kurt's dad died when Kurt was 18..
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"My 4 grandparents were heavily involved in our childhood... they were well off because they both ran businesses and I lived in an affluent area...

Kurt lived in state housing area... both his parents had professions, nursing and carpentry. Kurt's father was one of the 200 Austrians to come out to WA to build Austrian prefabs house for the poor. While here, the Austrian company went broke. Most of the men went back to Austria and some stayed to marry Ozzie girls. Kurt's father found it difficult in the early 50s to get work and was the victim of racism... He ended doing very well for himself eventually but died early of stomach cancer.

Racism in Australia against German speaking Austrians. My paternal grandparents are from Germany. That wasn't their experience.

caskur

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "caskur"My 4 grandparents were heavily involved in our childhood... they were well off because they both ran businesses and I lived in an affluent area...

Racism in Australia against German speaking Austrians. My paternal grandparents are from Germany. That wasn't their experience.

This is an interesting comment... my 86 yr old mother-in-law is always banging on about how her husband was the victim of racism.

I always thought she was exaggerating...  You know Aussies wind ethnics up... it's not malicious. But some people want "pity me" parties... I'm suspecting my MIL's tall stories now.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

This is an interesting comment... my 86 yr old mother-in-law is always banging on about how her husband was the victim of racism.

I always thought she was exaggerating...  You know Aussies wind ethnics up... it's not malicious. But some people want "pity me" parties... I'm suspecting my MIL's tall stories now.

Ya, could be tall tales.

My maternal Japanese grandmother was interned during the second world war. She never shed a tear for herself or played the victim card.

Odinson

If I were living in USA and Finland decides to attack the USA..

Cant say I wouldnt have questionable loyalties. ac_biggrin

And cant argue with the logic behind putting me in a prison camp...

Even if I had no ill intentions.

Sometimes you just gotta look at things from different perspective.

Blurt

Quote from: "caskur"And yet mums can handle five or more children at once while men hide in their sheds... go figure.

Yep, this.

Raising children while tending to household affairs, as women have traditionally done for so long, is the best kind of stress management training there can be. It far outweighs the efficacy of, say, military and, dare I say, police training in this regard.

It fosters an ethics of care (as opposed to an ethics of rules) and it encourages the development of multi-tasking abilities. It also emphasizes consensual factors in human relationships rather than adversarial ones.

Hands down, women are better equipped to handle psychological overload. Men, on the other hand, just go out and shoot things in order to relieve stress. They join the armed forces or the police corps.

Men tend to make a mess of things.

Good thing women are there to pick up the pieces.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Odinson

Quote from: "caskur"OMG, I can see two untrained boys before me...

I'm a drill sergeant, I'd train you two in no time at all.

You guys wouldn't know what hit ya.... seriously!

Female drill-sergeants are a disgrace..

The troops dont obey them which leads to things getting messed up..

Female officers arent any better.. You can seduce them and they start to obey your commands..

You know Queen Victoria...

She was getting the D from prince Albert and she obeyed Alberts commands...

Women want to submit to the power of the D..

Men want the cooch to obey us..

This is why women shouldnt be in command... Ever...

Anonymous

My wife didn't have children, but what she contributed to society is twenty fold greater than some women who popped out a flock of kids. Same with some men who have kids.