The best topic

Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Saudi woman granted refugee status.

Started by Bricktop, January 09, 2019, 01:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "caskur"There are two ways to vote in our senate... by party or individual person running for the senate but it's done by the people...

https://www.aec.gov.au/voting/how_to_vote/voting_senate.htm">https://www.aec.gov.au/voting/how_to_vo ... senate.htm">https://www.aec.gov.au/voting/how_to_vote/voting_senate.htm

One of the parties here wants to abolish the upper house.

Just get a senate from the people like we have.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "caskur"There are two ways to vote in our senate... by party or individual person running for the senate but it's done by the people...

https://www.aec.gov.au/voting/how_to_vote/voting_senate.htm">https://www.aec.gov.au/voting/how_to_vo ... senate.htm">https://www.aec.gov.au/voting/how_to_vote/voting_senate.htm

One of the parties here wants to abolish the upper house.

Just get a senate from the people like we have.

That would require changing the constitution and some of the provinces will not agree to abolishing the upper chamber.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"She could turn out to be one of two things:

1. An empty soul who could let go of her ties to her family and begin to live a life of immorality and reckless abandon and end up as just another statistic who we will never hear from again.

2. Be an inspiration to all, both women and men, who are subjects of a culture that is restrained from expressing themselves and become a beacon of hope to them thus becoming a figure of influence.

At this point, I'm not sure which one she is yet because we know little of her so far.

Or secret option number 3.

She gains citizenship and uses the family reunification law to bring her family in..

That's why Herman and Gaon are cynical about this.

They pull this shit all the time..

Just being a realist.

People from a desert DO NOT want to stay in a frozen cuntry. Canada was not her first choice... She won't stay in Canada.

Best news I've heard all day. :yahoo:

caskur

Quote from: "Herman"

1. An empty soul who could let go of her ties to her family and begin to live a life of immorality and reckless abandon and end up as just another statistic who we will never hear from again.

2. Be an inspiration to all, both women and men, who are subjects of a culture that is restrained from expressing themselves and become a beacon of hope to them thus becoming a figure of influence.

At this point, I'm not sure which one she is yet because we know little of her so far.

She gains citizenship and uses the family reunification law to bring her family in..

Just being a realist.

People from a desert DO NOT want to stay in a frozen cuntry. Canada was not her first choice... She won't stay in Canada.

Good news for you, but bad news for us.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Just being a realist.

:001_tongue:

caskur

Just being a realist.

:001_tongue:

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/rahaf-al-qunun-pledges-to-use-her-freedom-to-campaign-for-others-after-being-granted-asylum-in-canada/ar-BBSg910?ocid=spartanntp">https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australi ... spartanntp">https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/rahaf-al-qunun-pledges-to-use-her-freedom-to-campaign-for-others-after-being-granted-asylum-in-canada/ar-BBSg910?ocid=spartanntp

"I think that the number of women fleeing from the Saudi administration and abuse will increase, especially since there is no system to stop them," she said.

"I'm sure that there will be a lot more women running away. I hope my story encourages other women to be brave and free.

"I hope my story prompts a change to the laws, especially as it's been exposed to the world.

"This might be the agent for change."

Ms al Qunun disputed claims by Thai authorities that she had "chosen" Canada over Australia.

"This wasn't my choice, it was the UN's," she said.

"All I wanted was for a country to protect me. So, my choice was just for any country to protect me."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

There are, according to this refugee, 'Ms al Qunun acknowledged that not all asylum seekers were processed as quickly as she was, saying she felt sympathy for the millions of refugees around the Middle East.'

They want us to help them? Their cultures are 1000s of years old... my response to them is, "Help yourselves"
- Andy Warhol

feral

Just being a realist.

Agreed.

Flip side being, she wont be able to get away with anything, with being in the spotlight.

Any relatives thinking about coming over will be assessed and reviewed 110%

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"There are, according to this refugee, 'Ms al Qunun acknowledged that not all asylum seekers were processed as quickly as she was, saying she felt sympathy for the millions of refugees around the Middle East.'

They want us to help them? Their cultures are 1000s of years old... my response to them is, "Help yourselves"

The West can't change the culture of that region.

caskur

Quote from: "caskur"There are, according to this refugee, 'Ms al Qunun acknowledged that not all asylum seekers were processed as quickly as she was, saying she felt sympathy for the millions of refugees around the Middle East.'

The West can't change the culture of that region.

It's up to them to advance their culture, not up to us to save them. They have to save themselves.

A couple of hundred years ago Europeans were chopping off heads but today that has been disposed of althought I think the last beheading was in Frace in 1960s or there abouts.

Women won the vote in my state around 1900, South Australia beat us be a year or two NZ was the first to give women the vote.

We were decades more advanced than the UK and USA.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

I don't know if a secular  Middle East is possible without surrendering civil liberties.

@realAzhyaAryola

After hearing her statement, I feel bad for the poor young woman. Her life is in peril.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"After hearing her statement, I feel bad for the poor young woman. Her life is in peril.

Some people believe she's not being truthful.

Berry Sweet

I cant follow this story anymore.  Its definitely NOT sniff approved.   It has bullshit written  all over it.

@realAzhyaAryola

Freeland seems like a bullshitter. I've never seen a government official wear such tight clothing that accentuates her protruding abdomen and her elephantiatis ass.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]