Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Spoke to somebody from Calgary yesterday Fashionista

Started by JOE, January 26, 2019, 01:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

....and he told me things are terrible there right now.

Said Calgary is still in a recession.

Is this true? Or is it just the case for some sectors of the local economy?

If so, which ones?

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"....and he told me things are terrible there right now.

If so, which ones?

Calgary still gets lots of immigrants. The rental vacancy rate is low which tells me a surge of home buying is coming.

Anonymous

If so, which ones?

It's not the land of opportunity it was before Justin Trudeau and Rachel Notley.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

If so, which ones?

It's not the land of opportunity it was before Justin Trudeau and Rachel Notley.

Why do you keep taking this attention whore's troll bait?

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

If so, which ones?

Why do you keep taking this attention whore's troll bait?

it's my choice who I respond to.

Vancouver

I like Vancouver's weather. We get 4 seasons. Summer just a shirt on. Autumn light jacket.  Winter you wear a toque, gloves, that fake Canada goose. Spring is hoodie and shorts. Plenty of fashion you know. In Calgary and Australia it's really only 2 seasons with that cold weather and heat.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"I like Vancouver's weather. We get 4 seasons. Summer just a shirt on. Autumn light jacket.  Winter you wear a toque, gloves, that fake Canada goose. Spring is hoodie and shorts. Plenty of fashion you know. In Calgary and Australia it's really only 2 seasons with that cold weather and heat.

Most of Canada doesn't have four real seasons.

Bricktop

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"In Calgary and Australia it's really only 2 seasons with that cold weather and heat.

Nope. Other than the tropical north, which gets 2 seasons (the wet, and the dry), Australia gets 4 seasons. High summer temperature averaging around 28, spring and autumn around 22, and winter around 15.

Our summer weather fluctuates wildly...47.7 one day, 30 the next. In other seasons the weather is more consistent.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"In Calgary and Australia it's really only 2 seasons with that cold weather and heat.

Nope. Other than the tropical north, which gets 2 seasons (the wet, and the dry), Australia gets 4 seasons. High summer temperature averaging around 28, spring and autumn around 22, and winter around 15.

Our summer weather fluctuates wildly...47.7 one day, 30 the next. In other seasons the weather is more consistent.

I liked the so called winters when I was in Toowoomba.

Bricktop

Yes. Our winters are ferocious. It can get down to 10C on some days, and we have to wear COATS.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Yes. Our winters are ferocious. It can get down to 10C on some days, and we have to wear COATS.

Poor things.

Bricktop

I KNOW!!!

But winter is when Australia comes alive. Our most popular sports are played in winter, and our motor racing season is run during the cooler weather. It's rather odd.

Summer sports are tedious, dull and lack excitement. Cricket. Dull. Tennis. Even duller.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I KNOW!!!

But winter is when Australia comes alive. Our most popular sports are played in winter, and our motor racing season is run during the cooler weather. It's rather odd.

Summer sports are tedious, dull and lack excitement. Cricket. Dull. Tennis. Even duller.

How do you heat your house in the winter?

I know it doesn't get  cold very often.

Bricktop

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"Heat the house?

The sun does it for us.

Air conditioners in Israel also work as heaters.
The Russian Rock It