The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Pimp my ride

Started by Frood, February 07, 2019, 06:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

It's also done to save money.

For those who can find long term free camps. Fuel and fees are the two biggest money eaters.
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

https://i.postimg.cc/V6S9F3cf/20190220-144310-1550635489021.jpg">

Woo hoo!

It's slowly coming together. Discussed poleless awnings, solar configurations, and roof rack versus hd cross beam options for roof gear with the dealer. He had a sweet idea for an integrated but detachable 12v alternator charging option with 4 connections out back that is plug and play or stand alone.
Blahhhhhh...

Blazor

Awesome! I like seeing a project coming along  :thumbup:

Man I cant wait til Spring lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Frood

Only problem I found was the colour, which is not the right hue but then again, I just told them generic white. Wish I asked for them to go the model year colour. It would have been no extra.

An extra they did include was the rear tinted window. Helps heaps being able to use the rear view mirror during lane changes.

I can live with the colour for now. Will get it changed later.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

Oh, piffle.  All cats are gray in the dark....I wouldn't bother.

Bricktop

Given it's a Ford Ranger, I wouldn't bother changing anything.

Their life span is relatively short.

Frood

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

Oh, piffle.  All cats are gray in the dark....I wouldn't bother.

Fair point. Besides, parts of it won't be visible soon.
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Small pimping but I love a bargain!

Saw these advertised at Aldi awhile ago but couldn't make it there in time for the cut off date so forget about it. Stopped in today and found one remaining. Got it for half the price of other retailers.

https://i.postimg.cc/J4q6V98j/Screenshot-20190309-211658.png">

A collapsible rubber dishwashing-basin-strainer tub. All in one and folds up relatively flat.  :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

A clean ship is a happy ship.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Given it's a Ford Ranger, I wouldn't bother changing anything.

Their life span is relatively short.

My work truck is a 2000 Mazda B2500 with almost 200K miles on the clock.  It's virtually a Ranger and was built in the Ford plant in Houston, but fortunately does not share the Ford badge.

I'll let it know you disparaged its long term prospects, and I'm sure it will beg me to take it to the crusher forthwith.  

But at some future point I'll have photos of its transformation, modest though it is.

Bricktop

Try running one in Australia.

Frood

I had to buy a replacement battery charger for this:

https://goalzero.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Guide10Plus_Nomad7PlusSolarPanel_Kit-1024x1024.jpg">

Because I loaded one of the batteries incorrectly before charging a few months ago and shorted the unit. Just arrived this afternoon.

I've used this as a backup for charging phones, AAA's, AA's, and smaller electrics when the fridge is struggling to keep cold in the heat and drawing 5+ amps.
Blahhhhhh...

Gaon

It must be nice to have a ride worth pimping.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"It must be nice to have a ride worth pimping.

Ah, Gaon...I'm afraid you missed out on the US's "golden age" of customizing and hot rodding cars, which in my mind was the 1955-1975 era.  Such activities were much less regulated then.  I was an enthusiastic young gearhead then, and cars were more to me than transportation.  Although to be accurate, the term "pimp my ride" is probably less than twenty years old.

Frood

All rides can be pimped. If in doubt leave a wishlist under your pillow when you sleep addressed to the Pimp Fairy.
Blahhhhhh...

Blazor

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"All rides can be pimped. If in doubt leave a wishlist under your pillow when you sleep addressed to the Pimp Fairy.

I wish it was that easy, my Lord of the Rings Jeep would be done  :laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.