The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

New Zealand un-bites the bullet.

Started by Bricktop, July 13, 2019, 10:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Skippy"If nz gun laws are more lax than Australia then why are new zealand cops unarmed when oz cops are  ac_dunno

Kiwi's tend to be more easy going and approachable. I suspect that they haven't devolved culturally as quickly as the rest of the West has in the last few decades and I reckon there's something to be said for the old ways. Australian cops have progressively become more militarized and testy like their North American brethren. Plus, Australian cops have always been opportunists and generally disagreeable hypocrites, so that doesn't help either. It's sad watching NZ make the same retarded mistakes Australia has since our Port Arthur event but I'm happy to see that a lot of people are resisting or refusing their government's power grab (aka Gun Buyback Scheme). Good for them!

Australia got rid of their "White Australia Policy".

Once you try to multi-CULT-ure a place then suddenly more violence erupts. CULT meaning a mixing of religious zealots.

Australia was always "white" Europeans with a sprinkling of Chinese since the Chinese came for the 1800s goldrush like they did in California. And Afghans too came to Australia very early in the 1800s.

I don't think a broad brush works on this issue though.

I don't think people get on... and the political system has floundered for regular people.

But, here we all are getting by and that'll keep happening until we don't.

Kiwis might be more easy going, Maori aren't. They're warriors.

Multiculturalism means balkanization.

caskur

I know all the wars formerly started in the Balkans but I didn't keep all the details of the politics in my memory.

I need my memory for good stuff and political history isn't one of them. I studied German history from 1850, to the day Hitler marched into Poland in 1939.

I only like other artists and people who love peace and a beautiful planet...
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"I know all the wars formerly started in the Balkans but I didn't keep all the details of the politics in my memory.

I need my memory for good stuff and political history isn't one of them. I studied German history from 1850, to the day Hitler marched into Poland in 1939.

Balkaniztion, ghettoizatyion, they are the result of multiculturalism.

caskur

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "caskur"I know all the wars formerly started in the Balkans but I didn't keep all the details of the politics in my memory.

They're building future ghettos in Perth atm...

I'd never thought I'd see the day that happened.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Odinson

You cant put muslims and negroes among decent people..

But when you put them in one place, they create a new Detroit.

Gaon

What do you mean? High crime areas populated by immigrants?
The Russian Rock It

Gaon

It's the same thing in Israel. We've absorbed many immigrants from all over the world in a short period of time. Some are professionals from developed countries. They are not only easily absorbed they a net benefit within three months of arriving. But, we also have 130,000 Ethiopians. Many are illiterate and can't assimilate into a high tech nation like Israel.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"

It's the same thing in Israel. We've absorbed many immigrants from all over the world in a short period of time. Some are professionals from developed countries. They are not only easily absorbed they a net benefit within three months of arriving. But, we also have 130,000 Ethiopians. Many are illiterate and can't assimilate into a high tech nation like Israel.

All things considered, I think Israel has done well integrating so many diverse immigrants.

Bricktop

Israel is slightly different, however.

Israel has a unifying factor in that most of its people share the same faith. Whilst I have no doubt that other faiths are permitted without prejudice, Israel's immigration policy surely encourages people of Jewish persuasion and avoids the problems of allowing any and all people to flood in and simply fail to integrate. I imagine synagogues are ideally suited to facilitating integration.

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Israel is slightly different, however.

Israel has a unifying factor in that most of its people share the same faith. Whilst I have no doubt that other faiths are permitted without prejudice, Israel's immigration policy surely encourages people of Jewish persuasion and avoids the problems of allowing any and all people to flood in and simply fail to integrate. I imagine synagogues are ideally suited to facilitating integration.

As I tried to explain to the owner of VF, Judaism is as varied as Christianity. It has everything from the ultra liberal reform denomination popular in America to the haredim. And most of the one million Russians in Israel are not Jews at all. I put up a Christmas tree, I eat pork and I never had a bar mitzvah. Most Russians in Israel are secularists like myself. My wife attends a Russian Orthodox church.
The Russian Rock It

caskur

In our beautiful suburbs, they're building highrise...

And in bushland, ugly cement blocks.

I'll dig through my images later. In an hour, we're celebrating my mum's birthday today even though she died last year. A family get-together.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

I'll dig through my images later. In an hour, we're celebrating my mum's birthday today even though she died last year. A family get-together.

Urban sprawl.

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Urban sprawl.

Yes, they claim they're fighting urban sprawl but they're just making other problems like filling up our suburbs with MORE cars and less mature trees making summer hotter than hell.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Urban sprawl.

Yes, they claim they're fighting urban sprawl but they're just making other problems like filling up our suburbs with MORE cars and less mature trees making summer hotter than hell.

So what is the solution?

People have to live some where.

caskur

Urban sprawl.

So what is the solution?

People have to live some where.

They need to live where there are no permanent water restrictions.

They want to bring back populations to dying country towns.

It's a dilemma.
- Andy Warhol