The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Australian Murdered in BC

Started by caskur, July 20, 2019, 03:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

The autopsy was Thursday and they still can't confirm their identities let alone the cause of their death.

Bricktop

Sounds like Canada has a similar geographical problem as Australia.

There are vast areas of uninhabited land where fugitives can conceal themselves for a long time if they have sufficient provisions. This is especially so in the non-summer months when the weather is more benign. In summer, the isolated areas become deadly.

Finding someone who does not want to be found in thousands of square kilometres is tough for law enforcement organisations. It can take hundreds of personnel, many vehicles and aircraft to find a tiny needle in a vast haystack.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Sounds like Canada has a similar geographical problem as Australia.

There are vast areas of uninhabited land where fugitives can conceal themselves for a long time if they have sufficient provisions. This is especially so in the non-summer months when the weather is more benign. In summer, the isolated areas become deadly.

Finding someone who does not want to be found in thousands of square kilometres is tough for law enforcement organisations. It can take hundreds of personnel, many vehicles and aircraft to find a tiny needle in a vast haystack.

Northern Saskatchewan and Manitoba are super dense swampy forests. In the summer the mosquitos and black flies are so thick they will kill you if you can't get away from them.

Odinson

Black flies.. The tiny blood sucking flies..

We got those.

They are pretty bad but there are ways to repel them..

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"Black flies.. The tiny blood sucking flies..

We got those.

They are pretty bad but there are ways to repel them..

Ya, there are. And those two boys were recorded at a country store a few days before they disappeared into the Northern Manitoba bush. Did they think to buy some repellent. I doubt it.

cc

Quote from: "Bricktop"Sounds like Canada has a similar geographical problem as Australia.

Yes. Had they been well equipped it may have gone on for a long time .. but bug season makes it difficult

I suspect the smoke was the biggest help to law enforcement

Winter they could survive if outfitted and equipped - but again, smoke even more needed in winter ... ad visible from considerable distance,  is a serious giveaway despite cover of terrain
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"

Yes. Had they been well equipped it may have gone on for a long time .. but bug season makes it difficult

I suspect the smoke was the biggest help to law enforcement

Winter they could survive if outfitted and equipped - but again, smoke ... visible from considerable distance,  is a serious giveaway despite hiding in terrain

Was it smoke that gave them away?

I thought something was found that could be connected to them.

cc

It was a mixture of both .. .but smoke was also seen by locals on more than one  occasion ... and smoke means "now" as against objects not being dated

I suspect it was smoke that was the most effective locator . that

While smoke for cooking would seem foolish, it may have been a desperate last attempt to get away from the insects ... or possibly for cooking an animal just to stay alive

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"It was a mixture of both .. .but smoke was also seen by locals on more than one  occasion ... and smoke means "now" as against objects not being dated

I suspect it was smoke that was the most effective locator

While smoke for cooking would be foolish, it may have been a desperate last attempt to get away from the insects ... or possibly for cooking an animal just to stay alive

I didn't know about the smoke sightings..

Partial results from the autopsy are supposed to be released tomorrow.

Odinson

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/003/793/maxresdefault-3.jpg">

cc

That'll be quite enough helpful info  from you for tonight, Odi

:001_rolleyes:

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"That'll be quite enough helpful info  from you for tonight, Odi

Yes, he's being too helpful.

:laugh:

Odinson

https://pics.me.me/bear-grylls-in-tungle-i-use-tree-leaves-to-clean-13866796.png">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"

https://pics.me.me/bear-grylls-in-tungle-i-use-tree-leaves-to-clean-13866796.png">

These would be a fit for Laughter Lounge too.

sasquatch

Quote from: "Herman"They still haven't revealed the cause of death or even confirmed their identities.

It sounds like they are sure it is them and just "doing formalities"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/bc-fugitive-autopsies-done-1.5243304">https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba ... -1.5243304">https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/bc-fugitive-autopsies-done-1.5243304

But yeah, northern Manitoba is definitely swampy and have a lot of mosquito up there, but even in july and august, it can still get pretty cold up there. If there's one thing that don't go well together it is cold and dampness. I have camped in northern Alberta before(up near a town called swan hills) which would be be further south of the equator of where they were found, and even in that area I had to have the heat on because it would go down to 8 degrees at night in july.

So, you get the idea. it could get as hot as 30 degrees one day and as cold as 5 degrees at night in that area, never mind the cold and nasty weather we have been having in Alberta and saskatchewan for the past couple of weeks, and nevermind the stifling humidity that manitoba can get with such moisture.