Australia wildfires

Started by Vancouver, January 03, 2020, 10:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Thiel"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"
Quote from: "Herman"I just watched a story on Sixty Minutes about the wildfires in Australia. Totally one sided, blaming Morrison's climate policies instead of the greenie politicians who created the perfect conditions for the bushfires. Even had an interview with former pm Turnbull blaming the current government's "lack of climate leadership."

There is nothing Australia can do stop the earth's climate from changing. If Mr Turnbull is saying otherwise, he is lying.

But it's so fashionable!  :laugh:

When will this end.

When they have all our money.

I was going to post a laughing smiley, but there is nothing funny about that.

caskur

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Herman"I just watched a story on Sixty Minutes about the wildfires in Australia. Totally one sided, blaming Morrison's climate policies instead of the greenie politicians who created the perfect conditions for the bushfires. Even had an interview with former pm Turnbull blaming the current government's "lack of climate leadership."

There is nothing Australia can do stop the earth's climate from changing. If Mr Turnbull is saying otherwise, he is lying.

But it's so fashionable!  :laugh:

When will this end.

When they have all our money.

Money is nothing..

they want our land.

Land is the real prize.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

our culture of vegetation worship militates against purposefully burning things down. In California, these "prescribed" fires are now largely prohibited (because burning releases dreaded carbon dioxide), ensuring that disaster is always just around the corner. Ditto for Australia, where some burning is allowed but nowhere near enough.

Range managers, as well as the native inhabitants, have long known that unless we burn it on purpose before the vegetation overgrows, it will burn us, our homes, and, tragically, our towns. You can see this in the terrifying video of a family's escape from the 2018 Camp Fire in California, where the tremendous amount of fuel lying on the ground is painfully obvious.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/australian-wildfires-were-caused-by-humans-not-climate-change">https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... ate-change">https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/australian-wildfires-were-caused-by-humans-not-climate-change

Greens ensured the perfect conditions for bush fires.

caskur

People shouldn't be living so close to native forests for starters.

The so called fuel on the ground is where native insects live and native lizards and is just as important as anywhere else.

It's mainly farms that start fires and THAT threatens the bush.

I'm personally not interested in mankind turning the whole planet into one giant farm. It's disgusting.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"People shouldn't be living so close to native forests for starters.

The so called fuel on the ground is where native insects live and native lizards and is just as important as anywhere else.

I'm personally not interested in mankind turning the whole planet into one giant farm. It's disgusting.

People can live next to forests. Forest fires will always happen. But, not following fire prevention methods natives practiced for centuries has proven to be a costly mistake.

Frood

Quote from: "caskur"People shouldn't be living so close to native forests for starters.

:001_rolleyes:

You're too stupid for words...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"our culture of vegetation worship militates against purposefully burning things down. In California, these "prescribed" fires are now largely prohibited (because burning releases dreaded carbon dioxide), ensuring that disaster is always just around the corner. Ditto for Australia, where some burning is allowed but nowhere near enough.

Range managers, as well as the native inhabitants, have long known that unless we burn it on purpose before the vegetation overgrows, it will burn us, our homes, and, tragically, our towns. You can see this in the terrifying video of a family's escape from the 2018 Camp Fire in California, where the tremendous amount of fuel lying on the ground is painfully obvious.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/australian-wildfires-were-caused-by-humans-not-climate-change">https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... ate-change">https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/australian-wildfires-were-caused-by-humans-not-climate-change

Greens ensured the perfect conditions for bush fires.

I read California and Australia's fires would not have been so intense if they allowed annual controlled burns.

caskur

Quote from: "seoulbro"

People can live next to forests. Forest fires will always happen. But, not following fire prevention methods natives practiced for centuries has proven to be a costly mistake.

When natives practiced burn offs (more likely accidental lightning strikes) there was 100% forest coverage... shitty farmers and shitty forestry have already taken 80% of Australia's forests.... Now I need for you to compute that.... 80 freaking %.... that means the remaining 20% needs to be preserved at ALL COSTS. Australia has already gotten the bad reputation of making extinct more birds and animals than any other continent on earth.

All those people who think they know what they are talking about need to pack their bags and go back to Europe or any other place they hailed from. Australia is not for them.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

:001_rolleyes:

You're too stupid for words...

So what, are you happy the planet's human idiots want the whole planet to be turned into one giant farm? Really? And you call me an idiot....lol
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "seoulbro"

When natives practiced burn offs (more likely accidental lightning strikes) there was 100% forest coverage... shitty farmers and shitty forestry have already taken 80% of Australia's forests.... Now I need for you to compute that.... 80 freaking %.... that means the remaining 20% needs to be preserved at ALL COSTS. Australia has already gotten the bad reputation of making extinct more birds and animals than any other continent on earth.

All those people who think they know what they are talking about need to pack their bags and go back to Europe or any other place they hailed from. Australia is not for them.

Our forest coverage is not that much different than two hundred years ago despite adding about thirty eight million people.

caskur

They decimated our forests.

The Jarrah in my state went to the UK for their railways.

Because Australia was an English colony, they thought they could just keep helping themselves to the timber.
- Andy Warhol