The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Australia wildfires

Started by Vancouver, January 03, 2020, 10:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

https://scontent.fyxd2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/81263244_10218283382453957_8962327433592176640_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=c4lyjkb5xUkAQn3JYdJIJS4FsCC_taF2QzQ9nO77eY2aoBYY-Lh2K7kmQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd2-1.fna&oh=3c680ba4b400157ad31055dd131a0872&oe=5E65CBC3">

Anonymous

Parts of this are a little difficult to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fLAL5CyHkg&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR1zsBaFJogLD9wVyMEC2BjGIURG3sa3HecFZyLEUTlZdOulXZ-PjK7I8zQ">
... Z-PjK7I8zQ">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fLAL5CyHkg&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR1zsBaFJogLD9wVyMEC2BjGIURG3sa3HecFZyLEUTlZdOulXZ-PjK7I8zQ

Anonymous

Last I heard, this woman has already pulled in over $50K in aid contributions.  Men of BC, here's your chance to do something other than discuss the fires.

http://boards.cindysbeentrippin.com/uploads/default/original/2X/0/0d22a528167f524fc2fd62f577ca70672c6bc4b4.png">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"Last I heard, this woman has already pulled in over $50K in aid contributions.  Men of BC, here's your chance to do something other than discuss the fires.

http://boards.cindysbeentrippin.com/uploads/default/original/2X/0/0d22a528167f524fc2fd62f577ca70672c6bc4b4.png">

I just sent a hundred bones through Paypal a second ago. Odinson, Seoul, Jock, you guys are up.

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"Where the animals left to die while humans took refuge among the stars.

I would imagine farmers tried to save their livestock..

Wild animals are a lot harder to save.....they fear humans.

They're often more docile if dehydrated and injured.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"Where the animals left to die while humans took refuge among the stars.

Depends on the animal. A coyote will chew it's leg off rather than be handled by people. You do not have any pesky coyotes though.

Frood

Quote from: "Herman"

Depends on the animal. A coyote will chew it's leg off rather than be handled by people. You do not have any pesky coyotes though.

Snakes are the worry. if they're hurt and it's hot. Look out!
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

I avoided them in every country I was in.

Frood

That's the best way.  :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

And don't keep your fishing nets close to where you're sitting if your remote fishing. They literally crawl over your feet for the smell of old fish.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

And don't keep your fishing nets close to where you're sitting if your remote fishing. They literally crawl over your feet for the smell of old fish.

We have poisonous snakes in the most Southern part of the province, but they could only make an adult a little sick..

I'm glad we don't have the kind Australia has.

Frood

We have poisonous snakes in the most Southern part of the province, but they could only make an adult a little sick..

Even the thin little juvenile ones have enough poison to kill you here. You have to be ready mentally for one to crawl across your feet or campsite, and get back to what you were doing. They generally avoid you though. But on a really hot day it pays to fill beer cans with a little bit of long life milk and throw those cans as far away from your lounging area as possible... (they can get their heads in but not out)
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Even the thin little juvenile ones have enough poison to kill you here. You have to be ready mentally for one to crawl across your feet or campsite, and get back to what you were doing. They generally avoid you though. But on a really hot day it pays to fill beer cans with a little bit of long life milk and throw those cans as far away from your lounging area as possible... (they can get their heads in but not out)

That right there moves Australia off of my bucket list. I often thought I'd like to take a golf and beach trip to Australia. Maybe drop in and share some single malt scotch with Bricktop. But, being on guard for snakes? I will pass.

Frood

Quote from: "seoulbro"

That right there moves Australia off of my bucket list. I often thought I'd like to take a golf and beach trip to Australia. Maybe drop in and share some single malt scotch with Bricktop. But, being on guard for snakes? I will pass.

The coastal regions are fine. Bricktop lives in a snake free or virtually snake free zone. I'm talking about the middle of nowhere zone where you put an AM radio on the ground not because you want to listen to it, but you want to aggravate critters to go around you. Especially if you're night fishing. The rats and bats don't like it either, so a plussie!
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

The coastal regions are fine. Bricktop lives in a snake free or virtually snake free zone. I'm talking about the middle of nowhere zone where you put an AM radio on the ground not because you want to listen to it, but you want to aggravate critters to go around you. Especially if you're night fishing. The rats and bats don't like it either, so a plussie!

Are Australia's snakes mostly in desert areas?

caskur

So bears and mountain big cats are attractions we won't run into in North America?

Australia is the safest continent on the planet. I've seen two snakes in the wild in my whole life and I've lived over half a century.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol