News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10607
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 10:33:33 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

COVID-19 vaccine developed at University of Alberta proceeding to clinical trials

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/mobile/covid-19-vaccine-developed-at-university-of-alberta-proceeding-to-clinical-trials-1.5340037?fbclid=IwAR04INovVpvyryz4166B8gJw467IENpuVODYIM00qOb1L_CJG4iZuGzbPf4">https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/mobile/covi ... 4iZuGzbPf4">https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/mobile/covid-19-vaccine-developed-at-university-of-alberta-proceeding-to-clinical-trials-1.5340037?fbclid=IwAR04INovVpvyryz4166B8gJw467IENpuVODYIM00qOb1L_CJG4iZuGzbPf4

Anonymous

I'm having second thoughts about getting the AZ vaccination..

Health authorities in Denmark, Norway, and Iceland on Thursday suspended the use of AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine shots following reports of the formation of blood clots in some people who had been vaccinated.

Anonymous

New research from drugmaker Novavax shows that its COVID-19 vaccine is highly effective against the original and United Kingdom strains of the coronavirus..

It appears to have less efficacy, though, against the South Africa strain..

Novavax announced Thursday that its phase 3 trial of the vaccine showed an efficacy of 96% against the original strain of the virus..

The same trial found 86% efficacy against the U.K. variant..

In its phase 2 trial with the South Africa variant, the efficacy was just under 49%..

However, that rose to 55% among patients who were HIV-negative.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=404937 time=1615549475 user_id=3254

Health authorities in Denmark, Norway, and Iceland on Thursday suspended the use of AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine shots following reports of the formation of blood clots in some people who had been vaccinated.

That's the same reason Austria temporarily banned that vaccine.

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=404948 time=1615562866 user_id=114

Those followed the first country  did not do so because they thought they had problems .. They simply jumped on the bandwagon of the first country

The UK is the one that has used so much of AZ and reports no such problems.

After much use of it, that UK is continuing it says it all.  EU countries who have used it extensively have confidence in it

AZ was the most extensively tested of all of them in phase 3 .. a benefit of having Oxford U on its team
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=404954 time=1615569640 user_id=88
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=404948 time=1615562866 user_id=114

Those who jumped on the bandwagon did not do so because they thought they saw problems .. They simply jumped on the bandwagon of the first country

The UK is the one that has used so much of AZ and reports no such problems.

After much use of it, that UK is continuing it says it all.  EU countries who have used it extensively have confidence in it

AZ was the most extensively tested in phase 3

Still, I'm wondering if we should wait for Pfizer or Moderna.

cc

I understand. It should give pause

Let's see if original data actually shakes out .. It may be an outlier what with how extensively and successfully  it has been used by others

At least it won't give people 3rd eyes like the RNA ones are known for

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=404956 time=1615570785 user_id=88

Let's see if original data actually shakes out .. It may be an outlier what with how extensively and successfully  it has been used by others

We probably won't be able to get AZ until mid to end of April, so we have time to decide if we want to wait for an RNA vaccine.

cc

Right. And by then you will know much more about all of them

Anonymous

I'm not ruling out AZ yet. There is no proof it causes blood clots. Eleven million Brits have received that vaccine.

cc

Frood

Moderna and Pfizer are mRNA injections.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

We had a record day for vaccinations in Alberta today.

cc

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=404971 time=1615577063 user_id=1676

No shit, Sherlock

Being an attention seeker by nature, I'm looking forward to displaying the 3rd eye  ac_smile

https://previews.123rf.com/images/nelpi/nelpi2006/nelpi200600056/148377490-several-peacock-feathers-on-white-background-symbol-of-beauty-balance-third-eye-perception-immortali.jpg">

Frood

Quote from: cc post_id=404991 time=1615595227 user_id=88
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=404971 time=1615577063 user_id=1676

No shit, Sherlock

Being an attention seeker by nature, I'm looking forward to displaying the 3rd eye  ac_smile

https://previews.123rf.com/images/nelpi/nelpi2006/nelpi200600056/148377490-several-peacock-feathers-on-white-background-symbol-of-beauty-balance-third-eye-perception-immortali.jpg">

Then use the proper terminology...  ac_hithere
Blahhhhhh...