The best topic

Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=433809 time=1641609677 user_id=56
Despite setting daily records for cases in Alberta, the number of people in ICU's with COVID actually dropped. I don't know what percentage of new cases are now omicron, but the ICU thing tells me it's the majority now.

Also, our premier has finally grown a pair and is demanding True Dope make all treatments, including monoclonal antibodies, the new pill as well as Ivermectin available.

Right. Hospitalizations  "continue to climb"  .. "as ICU cases fall some "

Kudos. It's a hard fight for him, but hopefully he can get the Feds to get real on treatments
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=433818 time=1641611538 user_id=88
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=433809 time=1641609677 user_id=56
Despite setting daily records for cases in Alberta, the number of people in ICU's with COVID actually dropped. I don't know what percentage of new cases are now omicron, but the ICU thing tells me it's the majority now.

Also, our premier has finally grown a pair and is demanding True Dope make all treatments, including monoclonal antibodies, the new pill as well as Ivermectin available.

Right. Hospitalizations  "continue to climb"  .. "as ICU cases fall some "

Kudos. It's a hard fight for him, but hopefully he can get the Feds to get real on treatments

It's a lot more cost effective too than waiting until folks need regular hospital or ICU stays.

cc

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/children-hospitalization-omicron-1.6305207">Why COVID-19 hospitalizations of Canadian kids — and infants — could keep rising as Omicron spreads

Kids and teens — and even newborns — are now among the rising number of Canadians being hospitalized with COVID-19 as Omicron infections keep surging across the country to unprecedented levels.

Multiple hospitals recently began seeing an uptick in young patients infected with the coronavirus, CBC News has learned, including some of the country's largest pediatric facilities in British Columbia, Ontario, and Quebec.

Uptick in admissions tied to fast spread, while respiratory infections linked to variant may hit kids harder

"Now we're seeing kids, for example, with asthma. Their asthma is getting worse and bringing them into hospital."

Kakkar's hospital, the largest mother-and-child healthcare centre in Canada, reopened its pediatric COVID-19 ward a few weeks back. The team is now seeing admissions on a daily basis, with double the number of patients as the same time last year, she said.

"We're way higher than we were previously. Part of that is because there are so many cases in the community that kids are coming in — some with COVID, some for other reasons — and we're screening COVID on admission," Kakkar explained.

"In previous waves, babies were essentially unaffected by COVID," she continued. "But now we're seeing newborns. So in that first 30 days of life, significant disease."

Blazor

For the countries that are doing early treatment with Ivermectin, I applaud them. The Death Jab is not needed.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: Blazor post_id=433829 time=1641614360 user_id=2221
The Death Jab is not needed.

We are all zombies according to the conspiracy idiots.

Anonymous

Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=433751 time=1641579098 user_id=1582
true and helpful covid information -

1. if you are vaccinated and go to the hospital, you do not get automatically tested for covid.... you either need to request a covid test or be showing severe symptoms.... otherwise you are not a 'covid case' by default....

2. if you are unvaccinated, you're automatically tested for covid regardless of what you're admitted for.... they will continue to test you periodically and each positive test is counted as a 'covid case'....

3. if you actually caught covid and thats ALL you caught, theres a less than 2% chance that you would need hospitalization....

4. if you have covid and its a severe case, you still only have a less than 1% chance of dying....

5. these 'safe and effective' vaccines that offer 99% risk reduction (that drops down to 33% in a few months requiring another shot) are based on Relative Risk Reduction.... RRR is just an imaginary figure.... Actual Risk Reduction is the gold standard of efficacy and the 'vaccine' provides less than 1% Actual Risk Reduction....

6. the definition of 'fully vaccinated' has been low-key changed to include the booster (and in somes cases a 4th shot).... in fact, the status of 'fully vaccinated' is about to be dropped entirely and replaced with 'up-to-date'.... some hospitals use these unofficial definitions when determining 'covid cases' vaxxed vs unvaxxed....

its true.... hope its helpful....

Not true.

cc

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=433842 time=1641617406 user_id=2015
Quote from: Blazor post_id=433829 time=1641614360 user_id=2221
The Death Jab is not needed.

We are all zombies according to the conspiracy idiots.

Admit it. You love being a zombie  ac_biggrin

I'm having great fun scaring conspiracists ... boo .. gotchya

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=433686 time=1641532293 user_id=114
Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=433660 time=1641524563 user_id=2015
Quote from: cc post_id=433656 time=1641523757 user_id=88
Yes. It is far out of control everywhere now

The only good new is for those vaxxed as they are in general getting much less ill and are far less likely to need hospital  + on average  have a shorter stay if they did need it

That is supported by hospital data (which is very easy to keep track of)  from every province, country and state

All other news is not good

I know I still might catch it. Omicron gets around imunity. Especially when I have to operate a locomotive with a conductor sitting one metre away. We have a communal kitchen in the bunkhouse. But, with three doses my chances of catching it and passing it on are reduced. My chances of being a burden on the health care system are really low. It is called being a responsible adult.

I do not mean to be a dick and use your PI against you, but you have posted that you were an alcoholic at one time in your life. If you had developed diabetes or cirrhosis of the liver, using your own words, you would have been "a burden on the health care system." Such reasoning is hypocritical and flawed.

What a dumb comparison. I didn't choose to be an alcoholic. I had a disease. These selfish anti vax assholes don't have a disease besides stupidity. The unvaxxed cost us more money and delay surgeries. They cost money and lives. They are a real burden on society.

cc

I saw that and meant to deal with it ..  . but with all the surprise insults I was getting at the very same time, I forgot to & I logged out for a while

It made me VERY angry

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=433846 time=1641617822 user_id=2015
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=433686 time=1641532293 user_id=114
Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=433660 time=1641524563 user_id=2015
Quote from: cc post_id=433656 time=1641523757 user_id=88
Yes. It is far out of control everywhere now

The only good new is for those vaxxed as they are in general getting much less ill and are far less likely to need hospital  + on average  have a shorter stay if they did need it

That is supported by hospital data (which is very easy to keep track of)  from every province, country and state

All other news is not good

I know I still might catch it. Omicron gets around imunity. Especially when I have to operate a locomotive with a conductor sitting one metre away. We have a communal kitchen in the bunkhouse. But, with three doses my chances of catching it and passing it on are reduced. My chances of being a burden on the health care system are really low. It is called being a responsible adult.

I do not mean to be a dick and use your PI against you, but you have posted that you were an alcoholic at one time in your life. If you had developed diabetes or cirrhosis of the liver, using your own words, you would have been "a burden on the health care system." Such reasoning is hypocritical and flawed.

What a dumb comparison. I didn't choose to be an alcoholic. I had a disease. These selfish anti vax assholes don't have a disease besides stupidity. The unvaxxed cost us more money and delay surgeries. They cost money and lives. They are a real burden on society.

I've never tried alcohol, but that is my understanding.

Anonymous

Three and a half weeks into the strictest lockdown this country has ever had, the Netherlands had a record breaking day yesterday......just under thirty five thousand cases..

The USA set a single day record too with almost 850,000 cases......over two thousand deaths.

cc

Back two posts up

That was outrageous ... an ABSOLUTE NO NO ... part of the reason I was so angry @ the perp yesterday

& it just happened again in reject .. yet another "nice guy" .. sigh

I am disappoint

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=433862 time=1641626526 user_id=88
Back two posts up

That was outrageous ... an ABSOLUTE NO NO ... part of the reason I was so angry @ the perp yesterday

I am disappoint

I think perhaps Seoul didn't think that through before he posted..

Where was the other one cc?

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=433862 time=1641626526 user_id=88
Back two posts up

I am disappoint

SB is not a stupid guy, but that comparison was really stupid.

Frood

I don't believe SB was being malicious about the comparison, just trying to highlight that repeated refusal of healthy people to take the jabs and never ending boosters could be compared to healthy people not imbibing alcohol on benders or prolonged periods of time.... the result of either, depending on which side of this debate you're on, is a negative outcome for some quotient of either two groups of opposing factions.

So I got the point....even if I don't view these jabs positively.

SB was addressing healthcare and choices. Jabs don't stick themselves and drinks don't drink themselves. I believe his point wasn't about covid shots or liquor shots.... just the vilification of life choices.

Namaste....
Blahhhhhh...