Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

A

David Suzuki Getting Even More Delusional

Started by Anonymous, September 29, 2013, 12:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

What a fucking joke he is. Anything to keep his dishonest charity/political organization relevant and profitable.

QuoteOTTAWA - Environmental guru David Suzuki is convinced the Harper government is secretly building prisons for people guilty of criminal charges related to eco-activism - charges he believes the government is clandestinely devising at this very moment.

Speaking on Australia's ABC TV network Monday, Suzuki assured host Tony Jones and his studio audience that he's no conspiracy theorist, it's just that, "In Canada, we now have a government that is increasing the number of prisons at a time when the rate of crime has been dropping steadily over the last 10 years."

"So I'm wondering, I'm not a guy that thinks about conspiracies, but I'm wondering whether our Prime Minister thinks he's going to be creating new categories of crime, like eco-terrorism."

Jones replied: "With all due respect, that does sound like a conspiracy theory."

The feds' take on Suzuki's claim was similar to Jones'.

"David Suzuki is showing once again how completely out of step he is with average Canadians," Jean-Christophe De Le Rue, a spokesman for Public Safety Minister Steven Blaney, told QMI Agency.

"(Our 2012 budget) was clear: we have not built any new prisons and we have no plans to do so. David Suzuki is wrong once again: we only lock up criminals and terrorists."

That Suzuki was in Australia in the first place is fascinating and notes a marked change from a fairly strong position he took several years ago when he announced righteously he would no longer travel there because of the carbon emissions inherent in air travel.

He'd still talk to Australians - "but only by video conference."

Australia just elected Tony Abbot, whose conservative party won a sizable majority, and the country's environmentalists have been hyperventilating ever since.

Perhaps it was Abbot's election that prompted Suzuki to break his own vows and make the trip in person.  

The political discussions in both Canada and Australia, he warned, need to shift from being driven by ideology to being evidence-based.

"We now have governments that seem to feel that the corporate agenda is the job of government and this is an issue we have to face up to," he said.

Asked by an audience member whether he still believes all climate-skeptic politicians should be jailed, Suzuki said yes.

"You bet," he said, adding he believes the criminal element is "wilful blindness.

"I really haven't thought it through, but I certainly - personally I think there is a great deal of wilful blindness and it ought to be pointed out in some way, yes."

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/politics/archives/2013/09/20130925-161352.html">http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/po ... 61352.html">http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/politics/archives/2013/09/20130925-161352.html

Anonymous

Does anyone know less about the "science" of climate change than that lying old fraudster David Sukuki?
QuoteLast week in Australia, David Suzuki did something he hasn't done before: He allowed himself to be interviewed in a situation he did not control.

It was a disaster.

Usually, Suzuki speaks through his TV show on the CBC. When he appears at celebrity events, questions have been pre-screened.

Suzuki refuses to be interviewed by media he does not control, especially the Sun News Network.

His Australian visit shows the wisdom of this standard procedure.

Because when the Australian Broadcast Corporation (ABC) put even the simplest questions to him, he fell apart. But unlike his Canadian events, Suzuki couldn't turn off the cameras.

The first question put to Suzuki by a critic in the audience was about the 15-year hiatus in global warming. There just hasn't been any observed climate change since 1998, and it's a major problem for the climate change industry, whose computer models all warned that we'd see significant warming by now.

Thermometers — including hyper-accurate satellite readings — say it just hasn't happened. Here is a transcript of Suzuki's response:

"Yeah, well, I don't know why you're saying that ... In fact, the warming continues .... So where are you getting your information? I'm not a climatologist. I wait for the climatologists to tell us what they're thinking."

Normally, that's the worst Suzuki would face — one tough question that slips past his handlers. But he had no handlers that day. And ABC let the questioner come again, citing his sources that the world hasn't warmed: "Sure, yeah. UAH, RSS, HadCRUT, GISS data shows a 17-year flat trend which suggests there may be something wrong with the CO2 warming theory?"

Now, that's scientific jargon that a layman wouldn't understand. But Suzuki claims he's a scientist, and he has opined on global warming for years. But he had no clue what the questioner was even saying. Suzuki asked for an explanation: "Sorry, yeah, what is the reference? I don't ..."

He actually said that.

The questioner had a third go at it, speaking very slowly: "Well, they're the main data sets that IPCC use: UAH, University of Alabama, Huntsville; GISS, Goddard Institute of Science; HadCRUT. I don't know what that stands for, HadCRUT; and RSS, Remote Sensing something. So those data sets suggest a 17-year flat trend, which suggests there may be a problem with the CO2."

Suzuki still had no clue. "No, well, there may be a climate skeptic down in Huntsville, Alabama, who has taken the data and come to that conclusion ... You know, we can cherry pick all kinds of stuff. Cherry pick, in fact, the scientists that we want to listen to, but let's listen to the IPCC."

That's classic Suzuki — impugn the motives of anyone who disagrees with him. He heard "Alabama" and thought "hick" and called them a "skeptic." He said we ought to listen to the IPCC – the one acronym Suzuki did know. That stands for the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, the UN's climate bureaucracy.

But all of those places the questioner mentioned — including Alabama — were IPCC research stations. They're the places that crunch the temperature data for the UN.

Suzuki had no clue.

ABC's host tried to ask the question one more time. One more time, Suzuki was clueless.

"Well, what's the problem? I mean they're concluding still the warming ..." That was the first question in a very long hour for Suzuki. On everything from fracking to immigration, he shrugged at best, and made personal attacks at worst. He suggested the Canadian government was out to throw environmentalists in prison — the same government that has given him a TV show for 40 years.

He accused GMO food scientists in the audience of being in it for the money — and sat in shameful silence as they each told him their companies were giving away the patents to GMO food to poor farmers for free.

It was embarrassing for Suzuki to be revealed as a know-nothing huckster. But it's equally embarrassing for the Canadian media, who for 40 years acted as Suzuki's PR men, not real reporters like they have in Australia.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/09/27/down-under-blunder-david-suzuki-unmasked-as-a-know-nothing-huckster-on-australian-tv">http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/09/27/d ... tralian-tv">http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/09/27/down-under-blunder-david-suzuki-unmasked-as-a-know-nothing-huckster-on-australian-tv

Gary Oak

Anonymous

^^I don't know nor care about that Oak, but he is one illogical, ranting hypocrite.
QuoteEnvironmental activist David Suzuki is once again facing the heat for some wacko statements, this time on the world stage.

Visiting Australia last week – after saying he'd stop flying there to reduce his carbon footprint – Suzuki told a TV program that politicians should be charged with criminal negligence if they don't share his views on climate issues.

Further, he told ABC TV network host Tony Jones and his studio audience that he finds it curious that in Canada, "we now have a government that is increasing the number of prisons at a time when the rate of crime has been dropping steadily over the last 10 years.

"So I'm wondering, I'm not a guy that thinks about conspiracies, but I'm wondering whether our prime minister thinks he's going to be creating new categories of crime, like eco-terrorism."

Jones' comeback was bang on: "With all due respect, that does sound like a conspiracy theory."

We also like the response of Jean-Christophe De Le Rue, a spokesman for Public Safety Minister Steven Blaney, who told us: "David Suzuki is showing once again how completely out of step he is with average Canadians.

"(Our 2012 budget) was clear: we have not built any new prisons and we have no plans to do so. David Suzuki is wrong once again: we only lock up criminals and terrorists."

The blame for Suzuki's growing list of gaffes rests solely on his shoulders.

In July, Suzuki told a French-language publication Canada is "full" and decried its immigration policies as "disgusting." That raised a lot of eyebrows.

Sun Media columnist Lorrie Goldstein explained: "To Suzuki, declining birth rates in the developed world are a good thing, because they mean fewer people in the countries that have the largest per capita carbon footprints."

In other words, he'd rather people stagnate in undeveloped corners of the world than thrive in Canada if it means less emissions.

Some might say "what's happened with him recently?" But we'd wager the truth is he's actually always been this way.

It's just the polite society rules in Canada don't allow anyone to question the Great Man.

But we think the public deserves to know the ugly truth about Suzuki.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/09/27/saint-suzukis-toxic-emissions">http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/09/27/s ... -emissions">http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/09/27/saint-suzukis-toxic-emissions

Anonymous

That hypocritical old alarmist makes the most outrageously false statements and few people dare challenge his hyperbole.
QuoteLast fall, David Suzuki, the high priest of Canadian enviro-alarmism, used an eco-conference to predict the likelihood of another Japanese earthquake comparable in size to the March 2011 monster Tohoku quake at "over 95% ... in the next three years."

True to his all-scaremongering, all-the-time form, Suzuki predicted that when a second catastrophic seismic event occurred, the remaining fuel rods at the Fukushima power plant would unleash a nuclear disaster that would mean "bye bye Japan" and would force an evacuation of the entire North American west coast.

This is about as crazy as the hoaxes circulating around the Internet claiming that a giant squid, driven eastward by radiation emanating from Japan, had beached itself at Santa Monica, Calif., or that 98% of the Pacific's sea bottom is strewn with irradiated fish. (In fact, less than 5% of the Pacific's floor has even been mapped, so knowing what is on 98% of it is impossible.)

This week, Suzuki told the Vancouver Province that he had stirred up his Japanese quake scenario "off-the-cuff" and he now regretted being so bombastic.

When Suzuki makes similarly outrageous claims about impending environmental catastrophes, his predictions are typically met with assuring nods from climate scientists. But that's because climate science is a very new discipline, whose precepts and theories are just emerging, and most of its practitioners are as alarmist as Suzuki — or at least partly so.

Not prone to hysteria

Unfortunately for the Grand Guru of Green, nuclear physics and geology are older sciences. And far fewer of the academics who specialize in them are prone to hysteria and end-time theorizing.

Many respected physicists and seismologists immediately dismissed Suzuki's cataclysmic imaginings.

The Huffington Post Canada, for instance, pointed out that as many as 20,000 people were killed by the tsunami generated by the 9.0 earthquake three years ago, but not one death by radiation has been recorded due to the destroyed nuclear plant. The online news site quoted University of British Columbia particle physicist David Measday saying, "I'm sorry, but that is ridiculous. It's totally impossible! I can't believe he would say that. When he's in his own field, he's usually reasonable. But this is just crazy."

But is Measday's latter assertion really true? Is Suzuki "reasonable" when he is in his own field (presumably the environment) and only crazy when he ventures into other fields? Or is it possible that the craziness that colours his views on nuclear meltdowns, immigration (Canada is "full" and its immigration policies are "disgusting") and free speech (people who don't share his radical enviro views should be jailed) infects his thinking on the environment, too?

Suzuki could be an idiot savant — brilliant in one field while non-functioning in others. But it's more likely he's as unreliable on global warming and climate change as he is on plate tectonics. It's just that in his own field he is seldom challenged.

Consider Suzuki's performance last fall at a townhall meeting on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation. (The ABC is the Aussie equivalent of the CBC, except it doesn't have an internal cult of Suzuki that never dares asks the great and powerful eco-Oz what's going on behind the curtain.)

Apeared ill-informed

Suzuki insisted there has been no 17-year pause in global temperature rise, despite there being enough evidence of the hiatus that even the UN now accepts that warming has stopped, at least for now. Suzuki also appeared not to know the names of the organizations that keep official climate records nor to have read many academic studies on climate science in the past decade or more.

Suzuki's admission to the Province that he was blowing hot air about the Japanese quake scenario shows a recklessness we should all be concerned about. We all await the day when he has to make a similar climb-down on his climate forecasts.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/01/21/an-admission-of-bombast">http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/01/21/a ... of-bombast">http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/01/21/an-admission-of-bombast

Gary Oak

David Suzuki hated white people and spat on them. He's a an enemy of Canada.

keeper

Back in the day i used to look up to David S, He stood for some good causes. Not so much today... i have lost interest in him after a few things i have read. On the other side of the coin do you believe what you read? have you seen an interview with him?... hmmmmm

and Gary, if i was to hate ever fucking person who hated white people i would be a bitter old man. Grow a pair would ya.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"Back in the day i used to look up to David S, He stood for some good causes. Not so much today... i have lost interest in him after a few things i have read. On the other side of the coin do you believe what you read? have you seen an interview with him?... hmmmmm

and Gary, if i was to hate ever fucking person who hated white people i would be a bitter old man. Grow a pair would ya.

Suzuki is as big a lying hypocrite as Al Gore.

Gary Oak

Quote from: "Keeper"Back in the day i used to look up to David S, He stood for some good causes. Not so much today... i have lost interest in him after a few things i have read. On the other side of the coin do you believe what you read? have you seen an interview with him?... hmmmmm

David Suzuki has so much contempt for white people he used to spit at them.

Chickenfeets

Imagine that! Spit at them! Good thing white people never spat at Asians or Blacks. That would have made them racist.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"Imagine that! Spit at them! Good thing white people never spat at Asians or Blacks. That would have made them racist.

Chickenfeets, Gary Oak has never said anything good about any East Asian men..

Type Korean into the search for reference.

Hornung

Shen Li, everybody agrees the appraisal that you are sinophobic racist deranged f*cked in head conspiracy theory nutcase like you whose cheap thrill for a loser like you is spamming about the Asian David Suzuki

I see that you and your sinophobic homophobic racist cyberbully partner Shen Li are going bye bye with your racist loser  memebee Forum. No more numerous racially based hate based threads from nutcases from you.

Oh look Shen Li is show that she has shite for brains for permanently banning my ip address with a homophobic sexual insult as a reason. I just have to log off the U.B.C. wireless network and re-log on the the U.B.C. wireless network and get a new ip address. No wonder shite for brains Shen Li has a low ratings for the loser racist Asian Canadian Forum, she has banned many ip address from innocent viewers.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Hornung"Shen Li, everybody agrees the appraisal that you are sinophobic racist deranged f*cked in head conspiracy theory nutcase like you whose cheap thrill for a loser like you is spamming about the Asian David Suzuki

I see that you and your sinophobic homophobic racist cyberbully partner Shen Li are going bye bye with your racist loser  memebee Forum. No more numerous racially based hate based threads from nutcases from you.

Oh look Shen Li is show that she has shite for brains for permanently banning my ip address with a homophobic sexual insult as a reason. I just have to log off the U.B.C. wireless network and re-log on the the U.B.C. wireless network and get a new ip address. No wonder shite for brains Shen Li has a low ratings for the loser racist Asian Canadian Forum, she has banned many ip address from innocent viewers.

Hornung, this is no longer the Asian Canadian Forum and Shen Li does not have the power to terrorize you anymore.