Replies: 10356
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:49:20 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

A

Coroanvirus Overreaction

Started by Anonymous, April 20, 2020, 10:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 11 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Old Dove posted this at SG. I do not know where I stand on the lock down, but my boy and his pregnant girlfriend do not want it.

lot of people think if you set foot outside you are gonna die and kill ten people. Unless you are just buying beer and lotto tickets.

They are gonna have to see for themselves the bigger crisis on the horizon.

Its like.....shooting yourself in the face over a broken toe. But you cannot communicate to priviledged people.

Wait until they find out magic fairies are not restocking the grocery stores.

It's much better to die by suicide, medical neglect and poverty than to risk catching the Rona with that whole vast majority who catch it will be fine thing.

Better to lose your job, close your business, live on life savings and lose your retirement and everything you've worked for than to risk a dry cough.

I know I'm glad the government is forcing people into poverty so I dont have a bad 7 days! Woot!

Anonymous

I'm starting to question the total lock down response to the pandemic.

Vancouver

I met up with a friend at Granville Island earlier. Did not maintain a 2m distance. Good bubblegum flavor ice cream.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Here's how a gradual reopening of Canada could happen.

-An aggressive system of mass rapid testing for all those with symptoms and their recent contacts, and approve innovative technologies quickly to test for previous exposure and immunity.

-Domestically sourcing and producing the masks, PPE and medicines needed to prevent shortages.

-While safeguarding the data privacy of Canadians, deploy technology to rapidly identify those who have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 and a system for ensuring that they quarantine until they are tested and cleared.

-Procedures for screening and mandatory quarantining of all those who arrive in Canada.

-Distribute masks in places where crowding is hard to avoid like transit and require people to wear them.

-Industry-specific health and safety rules that allow businesses to reopen in ways that minimize risks.

-Community-specific plans to allow regions where there are very low or no rates of infection to reopen faster while limiting movement to keep those communities virus-free.

-Continue to promote working from home where possible, but allow a phased reopening of industries that can implement health and safety protocols and limit gatherings of people.

-A gradual easing of rules and guidelines to allow people to physically distance without being socially isolated. This could start, for example, by reopening parks and walking trails, and allowing a slow increase in gathering sizes over time.

-We must protect our veterans, the elderly, and vulnerable people in care homes without cutting them off from family and community.

Communication technology can be deployed to care homes to help maintain physical distancing without socially isolating vulnerable people.

Berry Sweet

People will not listen.  They want their bars and stupid stuff.

Vancouver

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"People will not listen.  They want their bars and stupid stuff.

That's not possible. You have to take your face mask off at restaurants and bars to eat and drink. The dishes and cups will need to be disinfected thoroughly. The counters and tables will need to be disinfected every few mins.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"People will not listen.  They want their bars and stupid stuff.

That's not possible. You have to take your face mask off at restaurants and bars to eat and drink. The dishes and cups will need to be disinfected thoroughly. The counters and tables will need to be disinfected every few mins.

I used to be a waitress..

Glasses, plates and cutlery have always been washed after each use anyway..

And tables were cleaned after each customer left.

Berry Sweet

I know, but this is how stupid people are.  People think in a couple weeks, all this is going to go back to normal.

I too also question this lockdown.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I know, but this is how stupid people are.  People think in a couple weeks, all this is going to go back to normal.

I too also question this lockdown.

I think most people understand it will be phased in. I think they know by now there will be a second wave, probably in the fall.

cc

Could be wave starts very shortly after things open up and people are exposed
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Could be wave starts very shortly after things open up and people are exposed

That is what concerns me and this is why social distancing in every business must still be the norm. We can't afford another lock down. If we can hold it off until fall, hopefully we have better treatments and antibodies testing by then.

cc

It's only distancing that has kept numbers in any kind of check .. without it numbers would be astronomical and hospitals overrun weeks ago
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"It's only distancing that has kept numbers in any kind of check .. without it numbers would be astronomical and hospitals overrun weeks ago

Any reopening anywhere will involve social distancing, sanitizer and masks.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "cc"It's only distancing that has kept numbers in any kind of check .. without it numbers would be astronomical and hospitals overrun weeks ago

Any reopening anywhere will involve social distancing, sanitizer and masks.

Maybe we should have did that instead of the long term damage we have caused with this lock down.

Anonymous

I'm happy with my $2,000/month welly cheque to sit at home for the time being, to be quite honest!   :laugh:

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview