The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Lets Call it what It Is .. NONE of THIS Was "by ACCIDENT" > And then it get's LOTS worse

Started by cc, April 25, 2020, 04:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Lets get real. We are in a mess. It's likely too late here for what we call Western Society (North America and Europe mainly). We do not have the tools to even start

1. If Western Society hunkers, which despite arguments to the contrary we have no other choice because we do not have the tools, the discipline nor the infrastructures to handle other methods

2. If we decide to not hunker, we quickly overcome our health, enforcement and other vital infrastructures,  and collapse from within into chaos.

3. Either way, we become poor countries with all the problems that entails ... weakened daily as China gets strong again daily

4. Understand one basic thing!!! China long ago set out to be not "a" superpower .. It set out to be "the" superpower

5. Then it kept quiet (and maybe more sinister), closed the virus off with its draconian measures, stopped everyone from escaping the province to protect itself  ... claimed it was not transferable person to person while sending 100s of 1000s of people from that province  (many infected)  by planes into Europe and N America ... and here we sit today.

6. At the same time they gobbled and are holding us ransom for all the medical and other vital things we would need .. even sending us medical items, many of which  that are defective

7. Because of our years of unbelievable stupidity, they can now also further hold us ransom for medical chemicals. Look for it as our next obstacle .

China achieved its goal without firing a shot

Starting last summer, I have expected "something" would "happen" and soon because China's previously extremely successful 30 year plan was almost in ruins as the bigger superpower was doing a hard 180 on it .. and was in process of setting it back probably permanently.

They "had" to do something to save their longtime objective ... their very reason to be.

It's been very very very hard  to just sit and watch them successfully move toward their 30 year goal in slow motion .. and worse, with the help of a compliant and helpful Western World

So, for a faltering China,  it was now or never!!

So, they did it "now" before they were set back too far .. and short of some unlikely miracle .. they appear to  have succeeded.

Whether they planned it from scratch or simply took advantage of something that "just happened" at the right time for them  ..  I don't know for sure.

I do know that they unleashed it while deliberately withholding the vital secret that it was transmissible, and even using the WHO to tell us that  .. unleashed it with no warning  upon the unsuspecting world using passenger plane loads containing very many carriers from the very province where it was prevalent.

Either way they knew EXACTLY what they were doing and achieved EXACTLY what they desperately needed at this very point in  time

......................................................................................

The following would be the only hope ... but even if we now decided to try it, it's too late to build the resources .. We do not have the inclination, nor the multiple infrastructures   to combat it as a very few others did  .. nor do we have anywhere near the medical facilities to contain it if we tried to

Selected  Excerpts Only: It's a good read >

Tae Hoon Kim is a South Korean geopolitical and economic analyst based in Stockholm, Sweden

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/11/south-korea-beating-coronavirus-citizens-state-testing">https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... te-testing">https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/11/south-korea-beating-coronavirus-citizens-state-testing

South Korea is one of the few countries that has succeeded in flattening the coronavirus curve. Its policy of testing, tracing and treating without lockdowns has been widely lauded. Some attribute this to South Korea's experience of having dealt with previous epidemics such as Sars and Mers. Commentators in the US tend to stress the country's effective leadership, contrasting it with that of Donald Trump's. Others point to cultural factors, such as the willingness of the public to sacrifice privacy for the greater good.

What is often overlooked, though, is that at the roots of South Korea's success against Covid-19 are a well-funded and efficient system of delivering public services. Without this baseline infrastructure, the policy of test, trace and treat could not have been sustained or expanded to the degree that it has. Likewise, effective leadership cannot achieve much if it lacks a well-oiled public service system that can deliver.

How did South Korea achieve this? Unlike in western Europe after the second world war, establishing a welfare system was not the priority of the dictatorships that ruled the country. Like many developing nations in Asia, the emphasis was on industrialisation and economic growth. At the same time, the dictatorship invested heavily in public infrastructure, viewing it as indispensable to Korea's growing industries. In 1977, the country's first national health insurance system was introduced, although this was nothing like the comprehensive healthcare of today.

Korean politics since the 1990s can thus be characterised as a period during which citizens became increasingly emboldened in their relationship with the state, forcing governments to take their wellbeing seriously. One area that this has been the most conspicuous is in public transportation, energy and healthcare. For the average person, these are everyday services that all citizens have the right to enjoy, and which are paid for by taxpayers' money. To put it in more utilitarian terms, they are the most tangible barometers with which to judge the government's commitment to its citizens. Failure to improve their qualities and manage them properly almost always leads to a loss of votes for the ruling party in upcoming elections.

The irony is that for many years, Koreans believed that having world-class public services was equivalent to becoming more democratic and thus more western. Many were unaware of the widespread privatisation and outsourcing of public services that was taking place in the west at the same time. The coronavirus crisis plunging Europe into chaos has shattered this idealised image. As far as Koreans are concerned, this has been a vindication of a supposed "Korean model" which they have fought for over many years. It is unlikely that it will go away anytime soon.

I've said what I believe .. now you folk say what you believe
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

I don't know cc.....I'm becoming very cynicial about the total lockdown approach..

Death from starvation will be in the tens of millions in the next year..

And then the deaths at home from cancelled surgeries, suicides, obesity related diseases, family violence and  societal collapse..

We're in a terrible situation from which we as a nation and a civilization may never recover.

Gaon

I am willing to wear a mask in public, stay 2 meters away from people and carry sanitizer with me at all times if it meant I could return to work.
The Russian Rock It

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Frood

...a changing of the guard....

The small pricked CCP members are coming for us....
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"It is a supreme clusterfuck, alright.

And there aint a fast path out. They are talking about holding back the economy for another year. Not all of it, but enough of it to cause permanent damage.

Frood

Quote from: "Herman"

And there aint a fast path out. They are talking about holding back the economy for another year. Not all of it, but enough of it to cause permanent damage.

It's been a farce for decades... they're just trying to stave off generic collapses on Their watch....
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"

It's been a farce for decades... they're just trying to stave off generic collapses on Their watch....

Progs never took this coronavirus seriously until they saw they could use it to bring the West to it's knees. Then scoop up total power for themselves.

cc

Quote from: "Fashionista"I don't know cc.....I'm becoming very cynicial about the total lockdown approach..

Death from starvation will be in the tens of millions in the next year..

And then the deaths at home from cancelled surgeries, suicides, obesity related diseases, family violence and  societal collapse..

We're in a terrible situation from which we as a nation and a civilization may never recover.

We are. I cannot and and will not argue any ideas or constructive methods. I just don't see any that will work.

Worse, hunkering is doing no good. All it's doing is killing our economy and at best delaying the inevitable.

Even with it,  everywhere numbers are still rising today

I concede there is no other option but to un-hunker and get back to work  .. but then the numbers rise faster  (and judging by the still rising numbers  rising even while hunkered), they will rise fast .. and as are now weakened by a poorer economy (even less tools to fight back with).. we will soon overwhelm our infrastructures (hospitals, cops, govt etc) .. and we will have to hunker again which  will destroy our countries.

Whatever we choose to do,  China has put us in a no-win situation as I see it

I'm unable to see a win no matter what we do, hunker or go for it. And now we are weaker than we were before thanks to the shutdown.

Assuming we will have go back to work because we have to ...  I guess we could win if we had all of the following 4 going for us

IF 1. there is permanent immunity (in doubt) ..

and IF 2. there is a vaccine in amazing time (we are told unlikely) ..

and IF 3. it doesn't mutate (seems a likelihood) ..

and IF 4. China doesn't do it again with a new  one should we start to recover (and if we  do so, it WILL release another if we start to recover, as it is playing for a total win).

It is not aiming for a tie). It has put us way down deliberately .. and  It will use every tool in its arsenal to keep us down

We need ALL those 4 elements to be in our favor .. and none are  

China is holding all the cards .. over the past 30 years we made them strong and we gave them the entire deck .. Worse, 1/2 the population is STILL soft on China and is willing to allow it to get its way. In fact, truths are being stifled (for example press and e-sites denounce and remove even mild words against China .. new outlets sitting on the story of the century and saying nothing) tying our hands behind our backs .. and  outright aiding and abetting the enemy that is destroying us all.

What do we do if China holds back medications? .. That's their trump card .. virtually absolute  control over what we handed them on a platter  .. control they will use if we try to fight back or are somehow able to start to recover

Over the past 3 decades, many tried to warn our politicians that they and thus all of us were on a path to suicide. Their words were muffled and even totally snuffed out as no one in press or in power wanted to hear them.

I'm really sorry to speak like this. I apologize for doing so.  I'm by nature an optimist and have fought through and won (or at worse tied) many horrible unwinnable  battles in my own life .. but .. I don't see a win here .. except for China

cc

Progs never took this coronavirus seriously until they saw they could use it to bring the West to it's knees. Then scoop up total power for themselves.

True, but they have already done us in by handing China such power .. even to the point of controlling our most basic medicines.

Even not-progs became progs on super-dumb trade giveaways (the root of this problem because that's what put China in such a strong position)

Worse, progs are and will continue to deny why it all happened  and why we are in such a weak position with China  .. and will stifle any attempts to reduce Chin'a clout. They are doing it daily full bore. They control our voice, the media

For them it can legitimately be called suicide. For those of us who tried to oppose them, it can legitimately be called murder.

Yes, "It's been a farce for decades"

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"

True, but they have already done us in by handing China such power .. even to the point of controlling our most basic medicines.

Even not-progs became progs on super-dumb trade giveaways (the root of this problem because that's what put China in such a strong position)

Worse, progs are and will continue to deny why it all happened  and why we are in such a weak position with China  .. and will stifle any attempts to reduce Chin'a clout. They are doing it daily full bore. They control our voice, the media

For them it can legitimately be called suicide. For those of us who tried to oppose them, it can legitimately be called murder.

Yes, "It's been a farce for decades"

Conservatives were on rhe China bandwagon too. Than again cons are progs.

cc

Yes!! Agree!!

ALL our politicians were on the same free trade wagon .. the society-fatal wagon

Progs still are still clinging on to it hard and are making themselves an obstacle to getting free of it .. and because most media is harddcore prog, it's difficult for correct information to get out to people.

The whole prog bunch  are China-soft and are deliberately wearing blinders so they won't see the truth

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Yes!! Agree!!

ALL our politicians were on the same free trade wagon .. the society-fatal wagon

Progs still are still clinging on to it hard and are making themselves an obstacle to getting free of it .. and because most media is harddcore prog, it's difficult for correct information to get out to people.

The whole prog bunch  are China-soft and are deliberately wearing blinders so they won't see the truth

The irony is that most mainland Chinese have a very low opinion of "progressive" Westerners.

Anonymous

What we are facing now makes the financial crisis look like a bump on the road. The situation in the West and ultimately the developing world(through our aid) is dire.

cc

Quote from: "seoulbro"What we are facing now makes the financial crisis look like a bump on the road. The situation in the West and ultimately the developing world(through our aid) is dire.

What did you mean in "(through our aid) " ??