The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Cinco de May -The American Holiday

Started by Oak, May 04, 2020, 05:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I was raised by people who did not party much and did not get drunk so it is not surprising that I too do not party like the folks who party for Cinco de Mayo and get drunk. I will not be found in these kinds of crowds. Nothing wrong with partying and getting drunk for those who do enjoy these. I'm just saying I'm not found in these types of festivals and do not seek to be in them either. It seems too rowdy for my liking.

That would make sense with the older Filipino generations... 40+

(Not so much for the younger ones anymore....)
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I was raised by people who did not party much and did not get drunk so it is not surprising that I too do not party like the folks who party for Cinco de Mayo and get drunk. I will not be found in these kinds of crowds. Nothing wrong with partying and getting drunk for those who do enjoy these. I'm just saying I'm not found in these types of festivals and do not seek to be in them either. It seems too rowdy for my liking.

Younger Filipinos drink more?

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I've found that to be true.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I've found that to be true.

Filipino men of all ages like their liquor. That has been what I have seen from their army of overseas workers.

@realAzhyaAryola

In my entire clan from the Pearl of the Orient Seas, there is no one who is an alcoholic but I see my younger male cousins do like to collect bottles of spirited beverages.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

I believe South Koreans consume the most alcohol among Asian countries if you exclude Mongolia..

I know Seoul enjoys beverages that contain alcohol.

Frood

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"In my entire clan from the Pearl of the Orient Seas, there is no one who is an alcoholic but I see my younger male cousins do like to collect bottles of spirited beverages.

...and drink them...

Filipinos here...the ones under 40, love their barrel wash..  :laugh:
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"In my entire clan from the Pearl of the Orient Seas, there is no one who is an alcoholic but I see my younger male cousins do like to collect bottles of spirited beverages.

...and drink them...

Do you think any of those Filipinas where you live would sit on my lap and drink a thimble or two of barrel wash.

Frood

Quote from: "Herman"

...and drink them...

Do you think any of those Filipinas where you live would sit on my lap and drink a thimble or two of barrel wash.

Under 30's...sure... 30+ and they've tamed themselves a fair bit.... over 40....unlikely unless they've previously been married or involved with a pisshead...

That's for those who were born here or came in their youth...

Foreign older ones are all about keeping up on appearances (closet barrel washers...)  :laugh:

Just be sure to check your wallet...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

...and drink them...

Under 30's...sure... 30+ and they've tamed themselves a fair bit.... over 40....unlikely unless they've previously been married or involved with a pisshead...

Foreign older ones are all about keeping up on appearances (closet barrel washers...)  :laugh:

Sounds like Russian gals. Except they don't hide the fact that they are gold diggers who like their swish.

Anonymous

...and drink them...

Sounds like Russian gals. Except they don't hide the fact that they are gold diggers who like their swish.

I doubt most, let alone all Russian ladies are like that.

Oak

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I ignored it completely. My family does not do anything special on Cinco de Mayo.

Why would Filipinos do anything?

cc

because, contrary to your overblown title - It ain't an American Holiday
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Oak

Quote from: "cc"because, contrary to your overblown title - It ain't an American Holiday

Sure it is, just like St Patrick's Day.  

I didn't know that Filipino dude is from the US.  I thought he was Canadian by nationality.

cc

Neither of which is a holiday here or south of us.

QuoteI didn't know that Filipino dude is from the US. I thought he was Canadian by nationality.

If you are referring to Asia, she is a she who worked her career in Washington (the city)
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell