Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

The long term cost of lock downs

Started by Anonymous, June 13, 2020, 02:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

I went along with lock downs in March of 2020, but not anymore.

Gaon

The Great Barrington Declaration signed by infectious disease epidemiologists and public health scientists states current lockdown policies are producing devastating effects on short and long-term public health. The results (to name a few) include lower childhood vaccination rates, worsening cardiovascular disease outcomes, fewer cancer screenings and deteriorating mental health – leading to greater excess mortality in years to come, with the working class and younger members of society carrying the heaviest burden. Keeping students out of school is a grave injustice.

Keeping these measures in place until a vaccine is available will cause irreparable damage, with the underprivileged disproportionately harmed.

https://gbdeclaration.org/">https://gbdeclaration.org/
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Nepal gave up on lockdown in July as they are too poor to do it anymore. And guess what? Virus disappeared, they are doing far better than any lockdown country.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=402182 time=1613354008 user_id=1689
Nepal gave up on lockdown in July as they are too poor to do it anymore. And guess what? Virus disappeared, they are doing far better than any lockdown country.

Developing countries don't have the option of long term lock downs..

They kill a lot more people in developing countries than they save.

Anonymous

This is more a short term consequence..

Olymel's pork processing plant in Red Deer is temporarily closing after an outbreak of cases..

There are 1850 employees working there.

Anonymous

I made a mistake, the Olymel plant in Brandon, Manitoba also closed..

It's bigger than the one in Red Deer..

The Manitoba facility has 1850 employees.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=402449 time=1613518757 user_id=3254
I made a mistake, the Olymel plant in Brandon, Manitoba also closed..

It's bigger than the one in Red Deer..

The Manitoba facility has 1850 employees.

Thank GAWD you clarified that. I couldn't sleep not knowing if it was the Red Deer or Brandon pork processor.

Anonymous

Because lockdowns aint a solution to COVID.

Biden COVID adviser can't explain why despite lockdowns, California's virus numbers are the same as Florida's

https://www.theblaze.com/news/biden-covid-adviser-stumped-california-florida?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20210219Trending-CovidFlaCalif&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Breaking%20News">https://www.theblaze.com/news/biden-cov ... ing%20News">https://www.theblaze.com/news/biden-covid-adviser-stumped-california-florida?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20210219Trending-CovidFlaCalif&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Breaking%20News

'That's just a little bit beyond our explanation'

White House senior adviser for COVID response Andy Slavitt had a hard time coming up with an answer this week when he was asked why California hasn't fared better against the coronavirus than Florida, despite the Golden State's lockdown policies.

What happened?

"I want to start with what we just saw," MSNBC host Stephanie Ruhle said at the outset of the Wednesday interview. "Contrast states like Florida and California. California [is] basically in a lockdown and their numbers aren't that different from Florida."

New numbers coming out of both states have suggested, to the surprise of many public health experts, that states with harsh lockdown policies have not been more successful at combating the virus than states that adopted more open approaches.

Anonymous

:ohmy:

In Japan, government statistics show suicide claimed more lives in October than Covid-19 has over the entire year to date. The monthly number of Japanese suicides rose to 2,153 in October, according to Japan's National Police Agency. As of Friday, Japan's total Covid-19 toll was 2,087, the health ministry said.

"We didn't even have a lockdown, and the impact of Covid is very minimal compared to other countries ... but still we see this big increase in the number of suicides," said Michiko Ueda, an associate professor at Waseda University in Tokyo, and an expert on suicides.

"That suggests other countries might see a similar or even bigger increase in the number of suicides in the future."

https://abc7news.com/japan-suicides-suicide-rates-covid-women/8359064/?fbclid=IwAR1q1DR6-R6e10D9QFNYiq3rmpM1GHN4J6IO1gsKcwl9PJiU2lqjDDu2wYA">https://abc7news.com/japan-suicides-sui ... lqjDDu2wYA">https://abc7news.com/japan-suicides-suicide-rates-covid-women/8359064/?fbclid=IwAR1q1DR6-R6e10D9QFNYiq3rmpM1GHN4J6IO1gsKcwl9PJiU2lqjDDu2wYA

Anonymous

A former advisor to Bill Clinton said the United States is becoming a "totalitarian state" due to COVID-19 lockdown orders.

Former Democratic adviser Naomi Wolf, who aided former President Clinton during his second reelection bid, told Fox News on Monday night that the nation is "moving into a coup situation, a police state" as a result of lockdowns.

"That is not a partisan thing," Wolf told the network. "That transcends everything that you and I might disagree or agree on. That should bring together left and right to protect our Constitution."

In recent months, Wolf has used her Twitter account to warn about governors' lockdown orders as well President Joe Biden's willingness to implement additional shutdowns due to the pandemic.

Anonymous

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R) told the audience at an annual conservative conference on Feb. 27 that lockdowns and other restrictions imposed by state and local governments were to blame for the economic crash in 2020, not the pandemic which they were intended to snuff out.

Noem said that Anthony Fauci, one of the lead members of Trump's White House Coronavirus Task Force, told her that South Dakota's hospitals would be treating 10,000 patients at the worst point of the pandemic. She said the number was actually 600 patients at the worst point.

"I don't know if you agree with me, but Dr. Fauci is wrong a lot," Noem said, drawing raucous cheers from the crowd.

"Even in a pandemic, public health policy needs to take into account people's economic and social well-being," she added. "People need to keep a roof over their heads, they need to feed their families, and they need their dignity."

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=403650 time=1614471403 user_id=1689
South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R) told the audience at an annual conservative conference on Feb. 27 that lockdowns and other restrictions imposed by state and local governments were to blame for the economic crash in 2020, not the pandemic which they were intended to snuff out.

Noem said that Anthony Fauci, one of the lead members of Trump's White House Coronavirus Task Force, told her that South Dakota's hospitals would be treating 10,000 patients at the worst point of the pandemic. She said the number was actually 600 patients at the worst point.

"I don't know if you agree with me, but Dr. Fauci is wrong a lot," Noem said, drawing raucous cheers from the crowd.

"Even in a pandemic, public health policy needs to take into account people's economic and social well-being," she added. "People need to keep a roof over their heads, they need to feed their families, and they need their dignity."

There's no proof that long term lock downs saved lives.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=403654 time=1614473789 user_id=3254

They can't continue until 80 percent of the population is vaccinated. That could be another 18 months.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=403660 time=1614476560 user_id=2015
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=403654 time=1614473789 user_id=3254

They can't continue until 80 percent of the population is vaccinated. That could be another 18 months.

I hope we have a normal Canada Day weekend with fireworks.

Odinson

Coronavirus infection rate is spiking in here.

And its winter holiday season, so the southern folks are gonna bring the coronies to where I live when they come skiing.