Replies: 10389
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:36:52 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

A

The long term cost of lock downs

Started by Anonymous, June 13, 2020, 02:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Dove post_id=456603 time=1654360372 user_id=3266
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=456598 time=1654359923 user_id=114
Quote from: Dove post_id=456588 time=1654359453 user_id=3266
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=456583 time=1654359199 user_id=114
Quote from: Dove post_id=456573 time=1654358664 user_id=3266

It destroyed a lot of lives here in the states. We lost so many small businesses.

Imagine the business you spent your whole life building and taking care of your family with being lost forever. Destroyed over politics.

Trump made a mistake going along with the lockdowns. Two weeks was reasonable but to go on like that as long as we did costs so much. And thousands of children starved too death in third world countries.

I agree, a one time, 2-4 week lockdown perhaps. But, it became the de facto position. Freedom supporting politicians went along with it because they didn't know what to do. This was the first scamdemic, I mean pandemic in a century.

The collateral damage of lockdowns will last a long time. Bonkerfist is just one of millions of victims of lockdown insanity. Anyone retiring in the next three years will be poorer than they planned through no fault of their own.

We had a swine flu pandemic during the Obama administration.

That was not declared a global pandemic.

No? I remember people saying "swine flu pandemic".

I didnt pay very much attention to it lol

I thought COVID was the first declared global pandemic since the Spanish Flu. But, a cursory search didn't provide me with any links to support that.

I'll put a bookmark here and come back to it. It's Saturday, it's not raining, which means golf. TTYL.

Breakfall

Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=456378 time=1654316273 user_id=3358
Quote from: Gaon post_id=456358 time=1654312484 user_id=3170
Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=456160 time=1654297161 user_id=3358
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=455893 time=1654265742 user_id=3254

No matter what, we can't quarantine healthy people again.

I can't see it happening again given both the vaccinated and natural immunisations over the past two and a half years. Nobody wants a mindless vicious circle that's for sure.

:crazy:

Quarantining healthy people will cost us for years to come.

It cost me over $300K and forced a career change. Some people can roll with the punches a little better. Mind you, it opened our eyes to the stupidity of the people that assume to govern us. The lower income earners will always be the sacrificial lambs unfortunately.

It destroyed a lot of lives here in the states. We lost so many small businesses.

Imagine the business you spent your whole life building and taking care of your family with being lost forever. Destroyed over politics.

Trump made a mistake going along with the lockdowns. Two weeks was reasonable but to go on like that as long as we did costs so much. And thousands of children starved too death in third world countries.

The world didn't know how to handle the outbreak. Many countries didn't know what to do. If they didn't enforce lockdowns and the virus decimated their country, those people in government would've been held responsible and deemed incompetent. They would have been ridiculed and gone down in the history books as having gross negligence and held responsible for their nations death toll and demise.

Children however are always starving to death in developing countries. That's the harsh reality in countries where education is low and a polygamous mindset seems a normality.

Save The Children, is a great charity to be involved in if you would like to make a difference during these trying times. Your money would go to food, medicines, clothing, education and infrastructure.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcST3DXXc_X19jO5xd4lXKUZHNF5gqRzQk3OYw&usqp=CAU">

Dove

Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=456726 time=1654386632 user_id=3358
Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=456160 time=1654297161 user_id=3358

I can't see it happening again given both the vaccinated and natural immunisations over the past two and a half years. Nobody wants a mindless vicious circle that's for sure.

:crazy:

It cost me over $300K and forced a career change. Some people can roll with the punches a little better. Mind you, it opened our eyes to the stupidity of the people that assume to govern us. The lower income earners will always be the sacrificial lambs unfortunately.

The world didn't know how to handle the outbreak. Many countries didn't know what to do. If they didn't enforce lockdowns and the virus decimated their country, those people in government would've been held responsible and deemed incompetent. They would have been ridiculed and gone down in the history books as having gross negligence and held responsible for their nations death toll and demise.

Children however are always starving to death in developing countries. That's the harsh reality in countries where education is low and a polygamous mindset seems a normality.

Save The Children, is a great charity to be involved in if you would like to make a difference during these trying times. Your money would go to food, medicines, clothing, education and infrastructure.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcST3DXXc_X19jO5xd4lXKUZHNF5gqRzQk3OYw&usqp=CAU">

The federal government should have provided aid to states and made sure objective and factual info was available.

And that's it. Have the states run their states and give people the most updated information possible and allow people to deal with it the way they decide.

The American government exists to protect and preserve the rights of the people. Them locking people down was a major over reach. They should have served the people while making sure they had the right info and resources to navigate the virus.

There is absolutely no evidence the lockdowns did a single thing to help. The cost of doing it was way too high for no actual benefit whatsoever.

And yes I know children starve in the third world all the time.  But the lockdowns resulted in the starvation of thousands more. We already donate towards outreach for third world families. Most of our donation money is spent helping Americans, though. We have a lot of issues here. But thanks for the recommendation  :thumbup:
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Breakfall

Quote from: Dove post_id=456748 time=1654392207 user_id=3266
Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=456726 time=1654386632 user_id=3358

The federal government should have provided aid to states and made sure objective and factual info was available.

And that's it. Have the states run their states and give people the most updated information possible and allow people to deal with it the way they decide.

The American government exists to protect and preserve the rights of the people. Them locking people down was a major over reach. They should have served the people while making sure they had the right info and resources to navigate the virus.

There is absolutely no evidence the lockdowns did a single thing to help. The cost of doing it was way too high for no actual benefit whatsoever.

And yes I know children starve in the third world all the time.  But the lockdowns resulted in the starvation of thousands more. We already donate towards outreach for third world families. Most of our donation money is spent helping Americans, though. We have a lot of issues here. But thanks for the recommendation  :thumbup:

In South Africa, foreign aid is often misappropriated and used as a means to secure the ANC vote, the current terrorist government (Mandela's legacy) that is responsible for driving the entire country into the mud. Foreign aid is used and redistributed to those loyal to the terrorist regime.

During the lockdowns, looting by both the impoverished and the police force probably helped feed the starving children.

Now in Australia, the government did provide monetary aid during the lockdowns. And while it did help the legitimately poor, so many well-off people took advantage of the aid and kept working. Even various businesses going so far as to defraud the government. The taxation audits this year are going to be eye-opening.

Greed is as ugly as it comes...

Anonymous

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on Monday raised its alert level for monkeypox to level 2 and recommended that people wear masks when traveling, before appearing to make a U-turn on the advice.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=457603 time=1654688938 user_id=114
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on Monday raised its alert level for monkeypox to level 2 and recommended that people wear masks when traveling, before appearing to make a U-turn on the advice.

Monkeypox isn't airborne, is it?

Breakfall

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=457611 time=1654692000 user_id=3254
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=457603 time=1654688938 user_id=114

Not at all, although it can be spread from respiratory droplets like a sneeze. It's supposedly  spread by rough and ready sex. I heard that's it's  rife in the ghey community. Ordinarily it's spread from animals to humans via open wounds and lesions.

:beurk:

Anonymous

Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=457953 time=1654749702 user_id=3358
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=457611 time=1654692000 user_id=3254

Not at all, although it can be spread from respiratory droplets like a sneeze. It's supposedly  spread by rough and ready sex. I heard that's it's  rife in the ghey community. Ordinarily it's spread from animals to humans via open wounds and lesions.

There's no need for lockdowns.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=457975 time=1654771575 user_id=3254

Not for the pox.

Rancidmilko

At the same time that I admire China for keeping their culture and morals intact, they scare the living fuck out of me sometimes

https://nextshark.com/shanghai-lockdown-residents-screaming-viral-video/">https://nextshark.com/shanghai-lockdown ... ral-video/">https://nextshark.com/shanghai-lockdown-residents-screaming-viral-video/
There\'s always a bigger fish.

Anonymous

Quote from: Rancidmilko post_id=458080 time=1654788843 user_id=2853
At the same time that I admire China for keeping their culture and morals intact, they scare the living fuck out of me sometimes

https://nextshark.com/shanghai-lockdown-residents-screaming-viral-video/">https://nextshark.com/shanghai-lockdown ... ral-video/">https://nextshark.com/shanghai-lockdown-residents-screaming-viral-video/

China destroyed it's own culture after 1949..

It's said if you want to know true Chinese history and culture, go to Taiwan.

Breakfall

Lockdowns would increase the prevalence of monkey pox in certain circles!

Anonymous

Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=458406 time=1654831983 user_id=3358

It's the wrong reation to monkeypox.

Breakfall

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=458439 time=1654861008 user_id=3254
Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=458406 time=1654831983 user_id=3358

Canadians aren't suggesting lockdowns surely?

Anonymous

Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=458670 time=1654901011 user_id=3358
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=458439 time=1654861008 user_id=3254

Canadians aren't suggesting lockdowns surely?

Not yet Bonkerfist, but our prime minister continues to ignore the science and refuses to lift mask, and vaccine mandates for international travel to and from this country.