Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

B.C. health workers allegedly bet on Indigenous patients’ blood alcohol levels

Started by cc, June 19, 2020, 04:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: kiebers post_id=370836 time=1594479361 user_id=193
Are the drunks mainly indigenous people, any stats on that? Are there any other "races" coming into emergency drunk? Stupid game no doubt and deserves disciplinary action, but it will continue to be pushed as racist regardless of being true or not.

Everything has to be racist now.  :rules:

In areas where there is a large Aboriginal populations, the alcoholics coming into emergency rooms would most likely be indigenous..

I doubt they are allowed to record the race or ethnicity of people coming into emergency rooms.

cc

Are the drunks mainly indigenous people, any stats on that? Are there any other "races" coming into emergency drunk? Stupid game no doubt and deserves disciplinary action, but it will continue to be pushed as racist regardless of being true or not.

Agreed "Everything has to be racist now". That said, the "game" is dumb and demeaning.

We all know alcohol is a problem on reserves, but that does not mean we need to make fun of people. For many, I suspect the answer is yes

Biggest concern is human nature. If staff feel patients are inferior or even worthless, will they provide less care?

Seems the problem with alcohol on  reserves will never go away, and that is sad.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

Mate, I and his crew spent entire spring & summer on the Cowessess Reserve north of Broadview Sask & lived there

Had 8 locals hired on construction crew

Never saw a drunk at all. day or night

Not sure why some reserves are so bad with booze. This one had a very nice golf course and clubhouse for tourists and made money

Pro Shop had first class goodies - That was 20 yrs ago and we still wear sweaters, cowboy hats and jackets we bought there, quality was that good

Maybe they had better management over a long time .. Everything was first class

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=372870 time=1595798334 user_id=88
Mate, I and his crew spent entire spring & summer on the Cowessess Reserve north of Broadview Sask & lived there

Had 8 locals hired on construction crew

Never saw a drunk at all. day or night

Not sure why some reserves are so bad with booze. This one had a very nice golf course and clubhouse for tourists and made money

Maybe they had better management over a long time .. Everything was first class

I have hired and fired a lot of Indians. Most were good workers, but most had a problem showing up for work everyday.

When we do work on reserves, we have to hire locals, and sometimes that means taking whatever idiots show up.

cc

Do you know the reserve we worked for? Cowessess N of Broadview  

It owned Last Oak Golf Course that we did a very large project for

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=372873 time=1595798926 user_id=88
Do you know the reserve we worked for? Cowessess N of Broadview  

It owned Last Oak Golf Course that we did a very large project for

I know of it. I heard it was one of the better managed reserves. I never did any oilfield work on it.

cc

They got us a nice cottage on the lake .. was a great summer for us .. and we made a few sheckels

The Qu'Appelle Valley is lovely  .. several 100 feet below the prairie and cooler in summer

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=372879 time=1595799174 user_id=88
They got us a nice cottage on the lake .. was a great summer for us .. and we made a few sheckels

The Qu'Appelle Valley is lovely  .. several 100 feet below the prairie and cooler in simmer

You gotta like that.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=372856 time=1595797053 user_id=88

Agreed "Everything has to be racist now". That said, the "game" is dumb and demeaning.

We all know alcohol is a problem on reserves, but that does not mean we need to make fun of people. For many, I suspect the answer is yes

Biggest concern is human nature. If staff feel patients are inferior or even worthless, will they provide less care?

Seems the problem with alcohol on  reserves will never go away, and that is sad.

W

Racism is a broad term in 2020.