News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10387
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

is there any idiom that describes a situation?

Started by jaysings, December 08, 2013, 07:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "jaysings"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

10 years

You have been here 10 years?

:o

I thought it was much less than that jaysings.

It has really surprised too many people from asking me about it. actually, I made English serious 3 years ago.

I was born in Canada jaysings, but I returned to Taiwan very soon after I was born..

I returned to Canada four years later which means I never attended school in Taiwan..

Even though the Taiwanese dialect is my first language, it is not always grammatically correct because I never went to school in Taiwan..

You went to high school in Canada am I right jaysings?

jaysings

You have been here 10 years?

:o

I thought it was much less than that jaysings.

It has really surprised too many people from asking me about it. actually, I made English serious 3 years ago.

I was born in Canada jaysings, but I returned to Taiwan very soon after I was born..

I returned to Canada four years later which means I never attended school in Taiwan..

Even though the Taiwanese dialect is my first language, it is not always grammatically correct because I never went to school in Taiwan..

You went to high school in Canada am I right jaysings?

I've been here since the first year of high school life was over in China. I was absent from learning English in at least 5 years because I was too chicken to face to it. I was afraid to be found loser who doesn't understand English, so I convinced myself that English was not important to me. lack of English in using has made me feel ashamed for a long time until I determined to retake up learning English three years ago.

Anonymous

amazing! so far I cannot write anything down in English without thinking about it :?

How long have you lived in Canada jaysings?

10 years

RU fucking serious??? How the fuck is that even possible? My parents have strong accents, but fuck they are like Shakespeare compared to you. Dude, any first year high school student in Shanghai that has never been outside China can speak better English than you.

What about your parents, are they fluent yet in English? If so, why aren't they pushing you to do what you should have done a decade ago?

Quotemost examples of translation from Chinese to English are not quite right. like this translation in English, it sounds very weird to me based on the meaning of the phrase in Chinese

I already said that ffs! Why don't you go hire an ESL tutor or enroll in a class out on the coast. Lots to choose from and you'll meet people from everywhere. I would recommend a beginner's class.

jaysings

Quote from: "Shen Li"

10 years

RU fucking serious??? How the fuck is that even possible? My parents have strong accents, but fuck they are like Shakespeare compared to you. Dude, any first year high school student in Shanghai that has never been outside China can speak better English than you.

What about your parents, are they fluent yet in English? If so, why aren't they pushing you to do what you should have done a decade ago?

they don't understand English at all. am I as bad as your describing?

English tutor is no longer useful for me. I know a lot of grammatical rules, but I just cannot feel free to express myself

Obvious Li

10 years

Quotemost examples of translation from Chinese to English are not quite right. like this translation in English, it sounds very weird to me based on the meaning of the phrase in Chinese

I already said that ffs! Why don't you go hire an ESL tutor or enroll in a class out on the coast. Lots to choose from and you'll meet people from everywhere. I would recommend a beginner's class.

do you guys actually believe this dumb shit is real.....i had him pegged as a piss poor troll by his second post two months ago........FFS......can i sell you some mutual funds guaranteed 25% return.. no risk............huh...............lol............... :ugeek:

Anonymous

10 years

I could converse in English much better than you after 6 months in Canada. You have been here for a decade and don't understand the language?? That just boggles the mind.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
do you guys actually believe this dumb shit is real.....i had him pegged as a piss poor troll by his second post two months ago........FFS......can i sell you some mutual funds guaranteed 25% return.. no risk............huh...............lol............... :ugeek:

Well I used to post on Asian forums, so crappy English online is nothing new to me. However, either this guy is indeed exaggerating how bad his English is or he's lying about how long he's been in Canada. No way he could have went to high school in Canada and not know the language. If that was the case then BC has the worst teachers in the world.

Obvious Li

Well I used to post on Asian forums, so crappy English online is nothing new to me. However, either this guy is indeed exaggerating how bad his English is or he's lying about how long he's been in Canada. No way he could have went to high school in Canada and not know the language. If that was the case then BC has the worst teachers in the world.

agreed, however......no asian....fluent or an esl student speaks like that...no one......most canuck born whiteys don't speak like that.....it's a prank

Anonymous

agreed, however......no asian....fluent or an esl student speaks like that...no one......most canuck born whiteys don't speak like that.....it's a prank

It's too bad because he's a nice guy other than this no speakee the Englishee repetitiveness.

jaysings

I could converse in English much better than you after 6 months in Canada. You have been here for a decade and don't understand the language?? That just boggles the mind.

when did u come to Canada? Have u learnt English in your hometown in China? sadly, I did learnt nothing about English in my city, and I barely opened my mouth speaking English with anyone else because of it. if I had no fundamental knowledge of English, how could I understand what teachers were teaching at that time? I came to secondary school as soon as I set foot on Canada, and I was sent to ESL class after getting kicked out of the school. So we got in different situations

jaysings

so I'm writing creepy English all along? no wonder just a few people here responded to my comments :shock:

Anonymous

when did u come to Canada? Have u learnt English in your hometown in China? sadly, I did learnt nothing about English in my city, and I barely opened my mouth speaking English with anyone else because of it. if I had no fundamental knowledge of English, how could I understand what teachers were teaching at that time? I came to secondary school as soon as I set foot on Canada, and I was sent to ESL class after getting kicked out of the school. So we got in different situations

I came to Canada in 1993 and yes I studied English before I came here. My parents did too, so that we could take an active role in our new country. Why we would we deliberately exclude ourselves from experiencing the most of our new countries because of our own irresponsibility in not learning English?

BTW, your English seems a little better in this post. :?

Quoteso I'm writing creepy English all along? no wonder just a few people here responded to my comments :shock:

Creepy??

jaysings

I came to Canada in 1993 and yes I studied English before I came here. My parents did too, so that we could take an active role in our new country. Why we would we deliberately exclude ourselves from experiencing the most of our new countries because of our own irresponsibility in not learning English?

Quoteso I'm writing creepy English all along? no wonder just a few people here responded to my comments :shock:

Creepy??

I misread that word. look, let me make an assumption. u might be 9 years old if u came to Canada in 1993. learning English is not a big deal to any of teens under 12 because they are at the best time in learing anything new, and it is known as common sense. besides, u are living in Edmonton where Chinese are not as many as in Vancouver. I came to Canada at the age of 18 and knew nothing about English in my city (worked hard on Math and Science instead) I would be using Chinese here in the rest of my life if I wanted to; however, I told myself that I shouldn't live that way like a real loser. I realized how important English is three years ago and determined to improve it no matter what will stop me. I really don't think that my english is as bad as those ESL students at the beginning level.

Anonymous

Creepy??

I misread that word. look, let me make an assumption. u might be 9 years old if u came to Canada in 1993. learning English is not a big deal to any of teens under 12 because they are at the best time in learing anything new, and it is known as common sense. besides, u are living in Edmonton where Chinese are not as many as in Vancouver. I could have been using Chinese here at the rest of my life if I want to; however, I told myself that I shouldn't live that way like a real loser. I realized how important English is three years ago and determined to improve it no matter what stops me. I really don't think that my english is as bad as those ESL students at the beginning level.

I can't believe your parents made no effort to learn English before or after arriving. I also can't believe they didn't push you to learn English. My parents sure as hell did with me.

Anyway, better late than never I guess. Go nuts and learn as much as you can as quickly as you can. You have a lot of time to make up for, so you gotta study hard.

jaysings

Creepy??

I misread that word. look, let me make an assumption. u might be 9 years old if u came to Canada in 1993. learning English is not a big deal to any of teens under 12 because they are at the best time in learing anything new, and it is known as common sense. besides, u are living in Edmonton where Chinese are not as many as in Vancouver. I could have been using Chinese here at the rest of my life if I want to; however, I told myself that I shouldn't live that way like a real loser. I realized how important English is three years ago and determined to improve it no matter what stops me. I really don't think that my english is as bad as those ESL students at the beginning level.

I can't believe your parents made no effort to learn English before or after arriving. I also can't believe they didn't push you to learn English. My parents sure as hell did with me.

Anyway, better late than never I guess. Go nuts and learn as much as you can as quickly as you can. You have a lot of time to make up for, so you gotta study hard.

they don't understand English either. my father has gone back to China for his business, and my mother doesn't care about English at all. she lives well without using English here. Once she needs someone's help for reading letters in English or talking to English speakers in phone, it must be me. thus, will u believe that people who don't give a shit to English push their children to study English? if my realization came late, I never became a member of this forum.