The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

China Now Owns a Record $1.317T of U.S. Government Debt

Started by cc, January 16, 2014, 03:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Odinson"

Are you gonna found a support group against OM and I?

Why would I do that when there already is one.....[size=200]ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS!![/size]

If that's true Shen Li, then you should not be making fun of someone's illness.

I cannot understand how one makes friends with internet avatars... It would be different if I actually felt like there is a nice person behind it all.

Gary Oak

Quote from: "cc li tarte"http://www.foxbusiness.com/economy-policy/2014/01/16/china-now-owns-record-1317t-us-government-debt/">China Now Owns a Record $1.317T of U.S. Government Debt

China stepped up its purchases of U.S. government debt late last year, increasing its holdings of Treasurys to an all-time record of $1.317 trillion in November, government data released this week revealed.

The statistics underscore how reliant the U.S. and Chinese economies are on one another even as political tensions occasionally emerge.

According to figures inadvertently released Wednesday evening on the U.S. Treasury Department website, China's holdings of Treasurys increased by 0.9% in November to $1.317 trillion, up from $1.305 trillion in October. Year-over-year, China's holdings rose 11.3% from $1.183 trillion.

The $1.317 trillion figure exceeds China's previous record high in July 2011 of $1.315 trillion, according to the government data.

China's appetite for government debt has been driven by its huge amount of foreign-exchange reserves, which surged to a record of $3.82 trillion at the end of 2013. The demand for Treasurys does not appear to have been seriously eroded by concerns about the U.S. fiscal situation.

China wants to turn Canada into a subservient client state just like they are trying to do with every other country including the United States. They use their disloyal legions of Canadascam Chinese here to work against Canada's interests and for China's.

Gary Oak

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Why would I do that when there already is one.....[size=200]ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS!![/size]

I cannot understand how one makes friends with internet avatars... It would be different if I actually felt like there is a nice person behind it all.

I think you would be a nice person to get drunk with.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gary Oak"
Quote from: "cc li tarte"http://www.foxbusiness.com/economy-policy/2014/01/16/china-now-owns-record-1317t-us-government-debt/">China Now Owns a Record $1.317T of U.S. Government Debt

China stepped up its purchases of U.S. government debt late last year, increasing its holdings of Treasurys to an all-time record of $1.317 trillion in November, government data released this week revealed.

The statistics underscore how reliant the U.S. and Chinese economies are on one another even as political tensions occasionally emerge.

According to figures inadvertently released Wednesday evening on the U.S. Treasury Department website, China's holdings of Treasurys increased by 0.9% in November to $1.317 trillion, up from $1.305 trillion in October. Year-over-year, China's holdings rose 11.3% from $1.183 trillion.

The $1.317 trillion figure exceeds China's previous record high in July 2011 of $1.315 trillion, according to the government data.

China's appetite for government debt has been driven by its huge amount of foreign-exchange reserves, which surged to a record of $3.82 trillion at the end of 2013. The demand for Treasurys does not appear to have been seriously eroded by concerns about the U.S. fiscal situation.

China wants to turn Canada into a subservient client state just like they are trying to do with every other country including the United States. They use their disloyal legions of Canadascam Chinese here to work against Canada's interests and for China's.

I do not like China Gary, but that is no reason not to trust the loyalty of Chinese Canadians.

Odinson

Quote from: "Gary Oak"

I think you would be a nice person to get drunk with.

Dont have to get drunk... Just be comfortable and I´ll tell you some experiences that I´ve had.

Hornung

AA has a direct flight from YVR to DFW. Others like Air Canada and United, you have to take an indirect flight like going to YVR to DEN then from DEN to DFW. I will miss having a direct flight from YVR to DFW if AA goes under.

American Airlines Bankruptcy Fears Drive Down Stock

By JAD MOUAWAD

Published: October 3, 2013

Shares in American Airlines' parent company tumbled 33 percent on Monday on fears that the airline could be forced into bankruptcy as a slowing economy reduced demand for seats on its planes.

The sell-off reflected investors' increasing nervousness that American Airlines, with high debt levels and high labor costs, might be too weak to weather another economic downturn. Its competitors, meanwhile, have consolidated and strengthened their share of the airline market.

The decline on Monday was the steepest drop for American's parent, the AMR Corporation, in a decade, and it precipitated a general sell-off in airline stocks throughout the day. AMR shares closed at $1.98 after setting off repeated automatic trading halts meant to prevent widespread losses. Still, Delta Air Lines and United Continental Holdings both fell more than 11 percent, and US Airways lost nearly 16 percent.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Hornung"AA has a direct flight from YVR to DFW. Others like Air Canada and United, you have to take an indirect flight like going to YVR to DEN then from DEN to DFW. I will miss having a direct flight from YVR to DFW if AA goes under.

By JAD MOUAWAD

Shares in American Airlines' parent company tumbled 33 percent on Monday on fears that the airline could be forced into bankruptcy as a slowing economy reduced demand for seats on its planes.

The sell-off reflected investors' increasing nervousness that American Airlines, with high debt levels and high labor costs, might be too weak to weather another economic downturn. Its competitors, meanwhile, have consolidated and strengthened their share of the airline market.

The decline on Monday was the steepest drop for American's parent, the AMR Corporation, in a decade, and it precipitated a general sell-off in airline stocks throughout the day. AMR shares closed at $1.98 after setting off repeated automatic trading halts meant to prevent widespread losses. Still, Delta Air Lines and United Continental Holdings both fell more than 11 percent, and US Airways lost nearly 16 percent.

Doesn't Dallas/Fort Worth have some fine shrinks? You should check them out when you are down there.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Hornung"AA has a direct flight from YVR to DFW. Others like Air Canada and United, you have to take an indirect flight like going to YVR to DEN then from DEN to DFW. I will miss having a direct flight from YVR to DFW if AA goes under.

By JAD MOUAWAD

Is there a point to any of this? :roll:

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

By JAD MOUAWAD

Is there a point to any of this? :roll:

By merely asking the obvious, you are now bullying the pathetic little lunatic.